• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next man up: Nate McMillan

sturt

• Moderators

I'm really impressed with Nate but let's not get ahead of ourselves.    I definitely would much rather listen to Nate but it's one game. 

Or if i'm going to go full sarcastic:

Yeah those new offensive and defensive schemes Nate installed Tuesday night really work, and the refreshing new rotations, and don't forget the strategy of not having Collins shoot the ball in the fourth.  :MooseGoggles:

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm really impressed with Nate but let's not get ahead of ourselves.    I definitely would much rather listen to Nate but it's one game. 

Or if i'm going to go full sarcastic:

Yeah those new offensive and defensive schemes Nate installed Tuesday night really work, and the refreshing new rotations, and don't forget the strategy of not having Collins shoot the ball in the fourth.  :MooseGoggles:

Nate had the audacity to play LOLomon Hill down the stretch in lieu of JC.  (the guy no one wants to see play, imagine if CLP had done that)

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

and don't forget the strategy of not having Collins shoot the ball in the fourth.  :MooseGoggles:

I don't think that was the coach but rather Trae dominating the ball.  Luckily his shots fell in the 4th but dude was gunning and running no offense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't think that was the coach but rather Trae dominating the ball.  Luckily his shots fall in the 4th but dude was gunning and running no offense.

Can’t place all the blame on Trae. Instead of making Trae a passer they should have designed a scheme to get Trae, Collins and now Hunter (our best 3 scorers) better scoring opportunities.

when Trae has so called ran LPs scheme its great he has fewer turnovers high number assist but  that version of Trae is not making high end impact like scoring and attacking Trae.

The superstar player has to be threat scoring wise especially if that’s his best tool. Whether efficient or not trae needs to stay in the mindset of being a scoring threat and making the right play once attacking no matter if that’s taking the shot or making the pass.

Traes attacking/scoring ability puts this team at ease offensively. If we don’t want him doing this then we need an actual offensive scheme in place that can utilize all these offensive weapons....until then and as far as I’m concerned Trae is the offense!.....LP should have been figuring out how to use his weapons better but he failed to do so , so this is what we have for now 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 2/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, Buzzard said:

My money now says the Hawks split with Boston in these two upcoming games. Trae goes ballistic in both games and averages 30 and 10. Capela averages 3 blocks and keeps his double double production rolling. Mr Forgotten lottery pick, Okongwu, averages 5 points and 5 boards in relief of Capela.

Not bad so far @Buzzard

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nate had the audacity to play LOLomon Hill down the stretch in lieu of JC.  (the guy no one wants to see play, imagine if CLP had done that)

200.gif

I at least called it out as soon as he did it last night.  I'm not a fan of LOLomon . . at all.   He gets more minutes than even Vince did ( it seems . . . not verified yet )

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, JTB said:

Can’t place all the blame on Trae. Instead of making Trae a passer they should have designed a scheme to get Trae, Collins and now Hunter (our best 3 scorers) better scoring opportunities.

when Trae has so called ran LPs scheme its great he has fewer turnovers high number assist but  that version of Trae is not making high end impact like scoring and attacking Trae.

The superstar player has to be threat scoring wise especially if that’s his best tool. Whether efficient or not trae needs to stay in the mindset of being a scoring threat and making the right play once attacking no matter if that’s taking the shot or making the pass.

Traes attacking/scoring ability puts this team at ease offensively. If we don’t want him doing this then we need an actual offensive scheme in place that can utilize all these offensive weapons....until then and as far as I’m concerned Trae is the offense!.....LP should have been figuring out how to use his weapons better but he failed to do so , so this is what we have for now 

Yea, after a few months it's clear that our players are not being maximized in this scheme.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think Solomon is underappreciated here.   He ain't great but at least he seems to have a way of calming everyone down out there.   

Could this be what we mean when we say "Veteran leadership?"

👨‍🌾

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

When he's hot. Not necessarily when he's cold, or being double teamed.

When teams sell out to stop him from getting the ball and having room to operate, we have to be able to trigger an alternative plan B.  No 6'1'' player can simply take over down the stretch every night when an opposing team throws the kitchen sink at them.  This is not an era where teams' abilities to scheme against a single player are more limited and you can see 4 guys standing on the left side of the floor and your star going 1 on 1 on the right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

When teams sell out to stop him from getting the ball and having room to operate, we have to be able to trigger an alternative plan B.  No 6'1'' player can simply take over down the stretch every night when an opposing team throws the kitchen sink at them.  This is not an era where teams' abilities to scheme against a single player are more limited and you can see 4 guys standing on the left side of the floor and your star going 1 on 1 on the right.

Kevin has done an okay job of finding the bigs when they trap Trae, but overall we have not made teams pay for trapping Trae. Bogi and DeAndre would definitely help there.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Kevin has done an okay job of finding the bigs when they trap Trae, but overall we have not made teams pay for trapping Trae. Bogi and DeAndre would definitely help there.

This^.  They have been too inconsistent.  We have seen it work in stretches, but in the 4th quarters and to close out games, it's like they get tight sphincters when they can't get Trae the ball. Hopefully they get more comfortable with it as the season goes along.  Part of this is also devising a plan to get Trae on the move without the ball for some CnS opportunities - he can't become a statue when teams double or play ball denial, even if the play isn't for him - you have to force the defense to move.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I think Solomon is underappreciated here.   He ain't great but at least he seems to have a way of calming everyone down out there.   

As a third SF, which is what he was brought in to be, he's a great fit. Problem is LP putting him out there at PF for long stretches, like he did with Vince last year. I don't know what LPs fetish is with playing guys out of position down low but it's by far my biggest pet peeve so far. And I know, I know, we have been severely hamstrung by injuries, still there are better options than Solo at the 4 and Collins at the 5, as much I don't like Bruno, at the very least he should be getting some of those minutes.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

As a third SF, which is what he was brought in to be, he's a great fit. Problem is LP putting him out there at PF for long stretches, like he did with Vince last year. I don't know what LPs fetish is with playing guys out of position down low but it's by far my biggest pet peeve so far. And I know, I know, we have been severely hamstrung by injuries, still there are better options than Solo at the 4 and Collins at the 5, as much I don't like Bruno, at the very least he should be getting some of those minutes.

That definitely has happened some when it shouldn't have but a lot of times it's the small ball lineup.  Like Nate did against Boston.  I sure has hell would rather have Solo out there when the opposition is playing 4 wings and a center than forcing Collins or worse Bruno to guard a SF.

But we all know Solo's minutes will evaporate when we get guys back.   Let's hope!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not surprised by OO:  shortened college season, delayed draft, injured at draft time, no Summer League, no camp, new playbook,  compressed season schedule, limited practice time, limited acces to practice facility due to COVID protocols - it the 'everything that can go wrong will' scenario and Bigs taking longer to develop.

Let the excuses begin. I see other rookies all over the NBA getting playing time and contributing. OO was not supposed to be a project.