• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, hawkman said:

Trae's average FT attempts dropped by ~6 per game after that incident. That's not insignificant. That's a heck of a coincidence if Nash's comments and the media blowing it up isn't the cause.

He was never going to keep that rate up obviously. 16 free throws per game has only ever been done by Wilt Chamberlain the year he averaged 50ppg in 49 mpg. It has nothing to do with the Nash comment and everything to do with him just going to a line a bunch in an extremely small sample size and now his attempts leveling out over the course of the season. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He was never going to keep that rate up obviously. 16 free throws per game has only ever been done by Wilt Chamberlain the year he averaged 50ppg in 49 mpg. It has nothing to do with the Nash comment and everything to do with him just going to a line a bunch in an extremely small sample size and now his attempts leveling out over the course of the season. 

But they didn't "level out" until the comments were made and the media ran with the narrative. It was literally a step change from one game to the next. I can agree that +15 free throw attempts per game wasn't sustainable, but I'm not going to pretend that Nash's comments combined with the media narrative didn't impact that dramatic decrease in attempts from one game to the next. There's coincidence and then there's cause and effect. That was cause and effect. 

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

There were folks on here comparing the dude to Durant.  Basically like, "I'm not saying he's the next Kevin Durant buuut ...."

I'm just waiting for the explosion. 🤓

I dont recall that. Unless Supes went off the rails. I remember people saying he could be a steal late in the draft though.