• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:gtfo: no fkin way I woulda guessed 35% he was money.

He hit a couple of big 3’s but not a good %.  I had no idea why teams bothered to mark him out there but was glad they did.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I wouldn't waste the energy to double embiid. If you don't want Gallo to guard Embiid and possibly get into foul trouble.. shoot... play bruno or Knight.   No doubles.  Philly has Centered their game around the disruption that Embiid can cause.  Guard him.. no double.. no foul.   Force him to get hard 2s. 

Gallo definitely isn't going to slow him from scoring one on one, unless he can draw a few offensive fouls against him.  If left one on one, he'll draw many quick fouls on Gallo, and that works to our disadvantage.  We need Gallo on the floor on offense, to draw Embiid to at least the FT line when he's on defense.  Trapping Embiid at least will make him look to shoot a little quicker, or have him give the ball up.

I'm definitely not against playing the stronger Bruno against Embiid or Howard instead of Okongwu, just to shore up the rebounding and maybe be more of an irritant.  Defensive rebounding is his one skill that is NBA ready.  And he doesn't mind putting a body on people and holding his ground.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Threesus said:

First time poster. 5-year lurker. 15-year Hawks fan.

I'd be curious to see what adjustments Nate McMillan makes for game 4. When he was with the Pacers, he was 1-6 coming off back-to-back Ls in the playoffs. Perhaps he's not so good making tactical adjustments in a 7-game set? I'm sure that's one big reason why they let him go. 

Good news: Philly's steals are down. They went from 12 to 10 to 8. We're starting to control the ball better against their hounding defense.

Bad news: Our assist totals are down. We went from 23 to 20 to 15. Granted, these numbers will suffer when we don't make our 3s and when we don't play defense.

Having Cam in the lineup would cure a lot of ailments. Hoping we can sneak one out in game 4 to buy him some more time. 

Are you related to @Threezus? Welcome!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Threesus said:

First time poster. 5-year lurker. 15-year Hawks fan.

I'd be curious to see what adjustments Nate McMillan makes for game 4. When he was with the Pacers, he was 1-6 coming off back-to-back Ls in the playoffs. Perhaps he's not so good making tactical adjustments in a 7-game set? I'm sure that's one big reason why they let him go. 

Good news: Philly's steals are down. They went from 12 to 10 to 8. We're starting to control the ball better against their hounding defense.

Bad news: Our assist totals are down. We went from 23 to 20 to 15. Granted, these numbers will suffer when we don't make our 3s and when we don't play defense.

Having Cam in the lineup would cure a lot of ailments. Hoping we can sneak one out in game 4 to buy him some more time. 

This is a pretty good 1st post.

Welcome to the family.

• Like 3

Just now, NBASupes said:

He's not even doubtful State yet. Unless this one goes to 6 or 7. We aren't going to see him till SL.

Being out 4 months for an injury that didnt require surgery is unusual. I wonder if we will find out something later that hasn't been reported. 

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Being out 4 months for an injury that didnt require surgery is unusual. I wonder if we will find out something later that hasn't been reported. 

It did require a surgery. He had a 12 week program but that ended right before the start of the Knicks series 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

He had a PRP, that is not a surgery. It's about as invasive as a cortisone shot.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

For some reason I thought it was a legit procedure 

I think the nature of the injury achilles tendon/ligament vs a joint makes the difference in recovery time. From what I understand, with PRP you are trying to heal something not just reduce pain and swelling.

How Is a PRP injection Different from a Steroid Shot or Surgery?

The idea behind PRP is that instead of injecting something that will reduce swelling in the short-term and inhibit healing (like steroid shots), the doctor is choosing to inject something which has the potential to heal. This is because the platelets in the PRP have healing growth factors that may help the damaged tissue mend. How is all of this different from steroids and surgery?

I graphed it all below, but PRP has an initial flare-up, then that goes away in 3-7 days and then the patient gradually gets better than baseline. For steroids it’s the opposite, with the patient feeling better quicker, but then the effects wear off over a number of weeks and the pain returns. Surgery has a longer pain duration for weeks and then the patient gets slowly better.

How Long Does it Take to Recover from PRP?

The PRP injection recovery time is fairly quick, with generally a few days of soreness and then improvement over time. For joint injections to treat arthritis, expect some soreness and possible swelling for 3-7 days. Then there’s usually a gradual improvement over a few weeks.

For tendons the soreness can last longer and the effects could take up to 3-4 months to be fully appreciated. For ligaments, there may be a “honeymoon” period of 1-2 weeks where loose ligaments are swollen and as such, provide better stability during that time, but then the initial swelling goes away and the pain and instability comes back. The full effects, like tendons, can take a few months to be seen. For more information, see my video below:

https://regenexx.com/blog/prp-injection-recovery-time/#gref

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something similar to what ailed Durant prior to him tearing his achilles.  It wasn't in need of surgical repair, just rest and healing.  But, once he started playing ... bam, torn achilles.

Why risk that for Reddish?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Threezus said:

O.o a doppelganger now to find out which of us is the evil one and the good one >.>  Although im pretty damn sure im the evil one 😄

Oh you just gave me a great idea.

On a totally unrelated note, if you see someone named '10gk' ....... it's definitely not me in disguise. 🤫

• Haha 2