• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

Just now, terrell said:

Collins is the Matt Ryan of the Hawks stat wise..lol..A lot of empty calories..

But Matt doesn't have a bunch other players around him to win the game , give him a even a little run game and a not worse in the NFL defence and ur going to win a playoff game at least. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Posts like this is why I hate fans who stat watch. 

Do you really f***ing believe JC is having a better series than Bogi? Are you f***ing kidding me?

Bogi has an easier assignment on both ends of the floor, true or false?

He should be giving us more going against Curry, but he can't get going either. So what he opened the game hot, he got taken out of the gameplan in the second half. 

JC is battling, with elite players. Game 2 was bad. Tonight he kept at it when Bogi disappeared down the stretch.

Numbers are for people whose only arguments is how they feel and their eye ball test which is purely subjective. 

• Like 1

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Bogi has an easier assignment on both ends of the floor, true or false?

He should be giving us more going against Curry, but he can't get going either. So what he opened the game hot, he got taken out of the gameplan in the second half. 

JC is battling, with elite players. Game 2 was bad. Tonight he kept at it when Bogi disappeared down the stretch.

Numbers are for people whose only arguments is how they feel and their eye ball test which is purely subjective. 

False. Bogi is guarding their best perimeter player. While JC is either hiding on Simmons or getting his ass lit up by Harris or Embiid. Sometimes even Simmons 

JC ain't doing shit but getting his cardio on.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I might have to start blocking dudes. We really got fools who watched the entire series, every second that think JC is having a better series than Bogi. I f***ing can't with some of you right now

They both need to give us more. Didn't say John was better. John has a tougher matchup and is still around his normal numbers. For all the attention Trae is getting Bogi is not making them pay the way you're implying he is. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

False. Bogi is guarding their best perimeter player. While JC is either hiding on Simmons or getting his ass lit up by Harris or Embiid. Sometimes even Simmons 

JC ain't doing shit but getting his cardio on.

Got it. Curry is better than Simmons now. 

Harris and Embiid should be easier matchups than little Curry. Heard.

Thanks for playing.

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

They both need to give us more. Didn't say John was better. John has a tougher matchup and is still around his normal numbers. For all the attention Trae is getting Bogi is not making them pay the way you're implying he is. 

Bogi is getting schemed. The Sixers are f***ing scheming him. Taking away the PnR is what all playoffs teams do even the Knicks did it. 

Bogi is having a much better series, they respect him. JC get 1v1 coverage and do nothing with it more times then not. If it wasn't for his 4th Quarter production tonight with the game out of hand, we would be talking about another game where he scored like 12-14 points and he wasn't stopping shit just he was producing but it was empty. 

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Got it. Curry is better than Simmons now. 

Harris and Embiid should be easier matchups than little Curry. Heard.

Thanks for playing.

Curry has the highest offensive RAPTOR on both teams with elite efficiency from a position where he's not just dunks and alley pops. Yes, Curry is better than Simmons offensively. 

Defensively is where Simmons is world class as we saw all series. 

Your trolling at this point. 

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Squawk logic

Bogi for the series

18 and 5 on 43% shooting = He got it

JC for the series

17 and 7 on 61% shooting = he aint got it?

Bogi is being asked to guard diet Curry

JC is being asked to guard and go against MVP, All-NBA, and All-Defense caliber players.

Ya'll kill me with this.

Capela 8 points, Kev 3 points, but JC is/was the problem?

Just stop while you're ahead.

Thank you.

This spews from Supes Hate for JC.  He has always hated JC.    JC is not the problem.  The problem is that we don't have anyone who can matchup with Embiid.   Embiid is out there laughing on the court.   When we double Embiid, Harris has a field day.  3rd Qtr, Philly couldn't miss.  Their gameplan was working very well. 

I said before...  Sacrifice Gallo on Embiid and Let Clint play the middle.   Stick to those shooters. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Curry has the highest offensive RAPTOR on both teams with elite efficiency from a position where he's not just dunks and alley pops. Yes, Curry is better than Simmons offensively. 

Defensively is where Simmons is world class as we saw all series. 

Your trolling at this point. 

Here is what we know

Trae is a star. Elevating to superstar status before our eyes in the postseason. He is who we hoped he would be.

Capela had the highest impact on winning for us the regular season by almost every metric. He dominates the paint against 95% of the league. He has run in to the other 5% this series.

Bogi is highly skilled and has balls of steel, but he has a ceiling and is darn near at it at age 28. He is Jrue Holiday for us. 3rd wheel at best

JC is the definition of efficiency. His offensive ceiling has likely been reached as he is not a creator. His defensive impact continues to improve as it should for a younger guy. His contract wishes are the only negative people can hold against him at this point. He impacts winning, period.

We need a second star. Dre? Cam? Maybe one day. But that's the difference between us and the elite teams. They all have 2+ All Stars. We have 1 and a handful of potentials.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Here is what we know

Trae is a star. Elevating to superstar status before our eyes in the postseason. He is who we hoped he would be.

Capela had the highest impact on winning for us the regular season by almost every metric. He dominates the paint against 95% of the league. He has run in to the other 5% this series.

Bogi is highly skilled and has balls of steel, but he has a ceiling and is darn near at it at age 28. He is Jrue Holiday for us. 3rd wheel at best

JC is the definition of efficiency. His offensive ceiling has likely been reached as he is not a creator. His defensive impact continues to improve as it should for a younger guy. His contract wishes are the only negative people can hold against him at this point. He impacts winning, period.

We need a second star. Dre? Cam? Maybe one day. But that's the difference between us and the elite teams. They all have 2+ All Stars. We have 1 and a handful of potentials.

1. Trae - agree

2. Capela - agree but Trae impact on that especially offensively is massive. But against Embiid, it looked like Shaq against Mutombo. 

3. He's a very young 28. If he continues to avoid serious injury, he could play till his late 30s. I still think Bogi could be a star in this league. 

4. I don't know how valuable this really is honestly. I don't believe it's that valuable in the playoffs. Efficiency is valuable for a guard because it's hard af for them to be efficient. I do see value for it in the regular season considering 82 games and all. 

5. We clearly need growth from everyone, especially the youngins

Our next level growth needs

Trae - decision making. 

Kevin- making contested shots

Bogi- isolation skills

JC - shot creation

Cam - open shots percentages

Hunter - PnR playmaking

Okongwu- range

Bruno - range 

Capela - FT shooting and passing

Gallo - maintaining consistency when being aggressive 

Hill - shooting

Snell - making contested shots

Goodwin- PnR play

I am probably forgetting people 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

I don't think that JC is having a better series that Bogi... But I do believe that all the JC's fault syndrome is B.S. 

I think many people feel the way that they feel about JC is because he asked for the max and turned down what was offered to him.   JC has had two bad games in these playoffs.   Clint too. Hell, Clint may have had 3.   

Another thing.  People saying that a PF ought to be able to create for themselves?  KG is not walking through that door and he's not on every team.   JC is a talented Pick and Roll/Pick and Pop player who has range out to the three point line.   That puts him in Karl Malone company.  I mean when you look at the PFs of this league:

GP

GS

MPG

PPG

FGM

FGA

FG%

3FGM

3FGA

3FG%

FTM

FTA

FT%

Giannis Antetokounmpo PF  MIL 61 61 33.0 28.1 626 1100 56.9 67 221 30.3 398 581 68.5
Zion Williamson PF  NO 61 61 33.2 27.0 634 1037 61.1 10 34 29.4 369 529 69.8

Julius Randle PF  NY 71 71 37.6 24.1 602 1321 45.6 160 389 41.1 348 429 81.1

Pascal Siakam PF  TOR 56 56 35.8 21.4 437 961 45.5 73 246 29.7 249 301 82.7
Domantas Sabonis PF  IND 62 62 36.0 20.3 484 904 53.5 52 162 32.1 240 328 73.2
Tobias Harris PF  PHI 62 62 32.5 19.5 473 924 51.2 82 208 39.4 182 204 89.2

John Collins PF  ATL 63 63 29.3 17.6 429 771 55.6 83 208 39.9 170 204 83.3

Rui Hachimura PF  WAS 57 57 31.5 13.8 310 648 47.8 45 137 32.8 124 161 77.0
Darius Bazley PF  OKC 55 55 31.2 13.7 273 690 39.6 83 286 29.0 125 178 70.2
Chris Boucher PF  TOR 60 14 24.2 13.6 288 560 51.4 90 235 38.3 152 193 78.8
Lauri Markkanen PF  CHI 51 26 25.8 13.6 250 521 48.0 119 296 40.2 76 92 82.6

Montrezl Harrell C  LAL 69 1 22.9 13.5 375 603 62.2 0 10 0.0 181 256 70.7
Kelly Olynyk PF  HOU 70 62 28.5 13.5 337 697 48.4 126 368 34.2 145 175 82.9
Carmelo Anthony PF  POR 69 3 24.5 13.4 327 777 42.1 133 325 40.9 137 154 89.0

Which of these guys are able to create for themselves?

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

How many PFs can actually create for themselves? Is that the standard we're holding big men to these days?

This series is showing that Capela is an All-Star center who is going up against an All-NBA center. If we had Hunter healthy and also Cam I truly think we win this series and go on and win a title. I'm not fanboying. This team is so deep and so well constructed that we just need good enough defense on the people AROUND Embiid in this case to get us past them.

We have that if our SFs were healthy. We have a gaping chasm of uselessness in Solomon Hill. I don't blame him. He's like a 10-11th guy in a rotation being asked to start and play way, way above his skill level. You can't blame him for being what he is. 

We've had a great run. We need to keep JC cuz we sure as hell ain't finding another JC out there with how limited our cap space will be. This is somewhat like the Joe Johnson getting a max contract situation years ago. We were so far already against the cap that losing him for nothing would be stupid. We were able later to trade him and get out of it for the worst years.

JC is younger and hasn't even hit his prime years yet. We don't need to panic or start attacking each other because our team missing our third best player in Hunter is going to lose to a team that many people thought would win a title this year or at least make it to the Finals. If we had our team healthy we beat the Sixers. But we're not. That's all there is to it.

Not many which is why big wings have replaced them on playoff level teams. 

The ones still left for playoff teams is Draymond Green who is the best playmaker PF in the NBA 

Davis Bertrans who's basically plays like a Kyle Korver on offense. 

JJJ who is underwhelming and Anderson is a more effective small ball 4.

Morris Sr who is the best corner 3 point shooter in the NBA at 48% on legit volume 

Giannis who is Giannis. Two time MVP. 

Randle, we saw what happened to him by us.

Everyone else is big wings.

Philly Harris

Brooklyn Durant

Miami Ariza

Boston Tatum

Utah Bojan

PHX Crowder 

Denver MPJ

LAL LeBron

Portland Covington 

Dallas Kleber

Most of the teams with true PFs are non playoff teams

Toronto Siakam

Bulls Thad Young

Orlando Issac and Okeke

Cavs Nance Jr

Det Grant

Hou Wood

Char Washington 

Chi Markkanen 

NO Zion - unicorn 

Okc - Roby

Sac - Bagley

Power forward becoming the least valuable position in Basketball. Teams are putting big wings at the 4 because it's easier to find mismatches at the 4 than the 3. If a PF isn't like Draymond with elite playmaking which is needed for a Steph Curry team, PF are being out of style like the post up center who offers little else. 

I would rather keep him but salary is critical. The 4/90 was a massive overpay offer. 

• Like 1