• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

We can't possibly have a moment of more selfish hubris than we did with Rudy Gobert walking around touching the microphones can we?  I sure hope not.  That 90%+ number is encouraging.  

On the bright side, I believe Gilbert was sincere in his apology after.  I feel that it brought some good awareness.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m soooo glad I left that for you… best decision of the day! :dance:

Mine was: “YOU WANT ME TO PUT ON A MASSSSKKKK, NOW I HAVE TA ASK WHY YOU ARE SO INTERESTED IN GAGGING ME! -my worst Gilbert Godfrey :laugh1:

It was quite the challenge finding a non-offensive Gilbert Grape gif 😬

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

At 20:18 towards the very end he does mention JJ as well and how he’s been doin well in pickup and during the summer as we saw. Perimeter skills as Travis mentioned I think will be the difference in his game that puts him above other 6’9” dudes because he dribbles like he’s 6’4”, very controlled and methodical in making his moves specially for a rook.

@hazer Ya… man, to hit in the 2017 draft as you enter the door on Collins is one thing, then nail your franchise in 2018 in Trae and add Huerter, then follow it up with 2 wings that are essentially and potentially 2 way stars, then the smartest and most versatile big in O last year and get 2 absolute steals this year? Are you kidding me. This might be unprecedented as far as GM drafting goes.

OKC is says “hold my beer”. Seriously though, we could wind up historic if we start winning chips. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AHF said:

We can't possibly have a moment of more selfish hubris than we did with Rudy Gobert walking around touching the microphones can we?  I sure hope not.  That 90%+ number is encouraging.  

13 hours ago, thecampster said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyrie-irving-reportedly-unvaccinated-could-212035968.html

This might play a role in the season.  Irving, Wiggins and a number of big names still aren't vaccinated (how?). This could have an impact on team win totals, morale, cohesion. In what I believe will be one of the closer, more parity driven years in league history, a few games could be the difference between the 8th and 5th seeds, 5th and 2nd.  I'm interested to how this plays out.

What religion keeps you from getting vaccinated? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Jehovah's Witness don't do a lot of the 'medical stuff' - blood transfusion is one I definitely know.  Don't know what else though.

Edited for correction

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seventh Day Adventists don't do a lot of the 'medical stuff' - blood transfusion is one I definitely know.  Don't know what else though.

You are thinking of Jehovah’s Witness.   As a church blood transfusion is a no go.  

For SDA, there is no religious exemption for vaccines and no refusal for vaccines as part of the church.  There are, however, many SDA who are personally opposed to vaccines and certain “medical stuff”.  

To answer Marco, there is no religion that I know of who officially has a religious exemption for vaccines but I know for sure that Jehovahs Witness have a no blood transfusion policy.  As an aside, I have only seen one instance in my career where that was overturned by a judge as a patient (child cancer patient) was in dire need of a transfusion for survival.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

OKC is says “hold my beer”. Seriously though, we could wind up historic if we start winning chips. 

Tire but KD was the 2nd pick by the Seattle franchise but whatever, Russ #4 and Harden picked 3rd. 

Travis hit on 19 twice with Collins and Huerter, then Jalen at 20 and Sharife at 48 with a possibly a star ⭐️ at 10 in Cam. All lower picks for the most part. 

OKC was the closest and the Hornets and Magic of 89-95

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 9/24/2021 at 7:54 PM, marco102 said:

Just one more reason why Wiggins is an absolute anchor to any team's success.  He has never put team first or tried to focus on the little things to help his teammates in the past so why start now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2