• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

8/4 UPDATE: Collins to sign $125 million deal with the Hawks per Woj

timebomb

Just now, kg01 said:

Where did that rant come from?  Who's complaining about supes railin' against Jollins?  That should be expected.

It's more productive to complain about the Hawks missing out on the Melo sweepstakes.

Me, I did it. I fell for it again. It's always me

• Haha 4

I've heard that Atlanta has an offer on the table.

To me, the only way Travis could really screw this up:  Pull the offer, saying, "We've decided that, since no one has given you a big offer, you are not worth what we originally offered.  Here's all you get now."

That's not going to happen.  John, sign the Hawks offer and get this done ASAP!

Question:  Who has the cap space to offer John a huge contract?  Would they, if they could?  

👨‍🌾

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's still an overpay

It's an overpay, but everyone outside of a select few are overpaid in free agency.  I'd rather overpay the guy I know than overpay the guy I don't know.  

• Like 4

John is not all NBA.  John didn't make the starting NBA all star squad.  John is good, borderline very good.  He has played a starting role here.  He has discovered, I fear, that he wasn't that great, desirable free agent that he thought he would be.

He's worth more, right now, to Atlanta than he is to any other NBA team.  Sure, many teams would love to have him.  But, not at the price he dreamed of.  For an old man who worked many, many years before he retired and has made maybe a little over $1 million lifetime, it does not compute to me what these men make today in the NBA.  They make more in one month that my total income, lifetime.  

:search:

• Like 2

The Atlanta Hawks have offered restricted free agent forward John Collins a five-year, $125 million extension, according to Sam Amick of The Athletic. 

The Hawks offered Collins a four-year, $90 million extension prior to the season, per Amick, which he turned down in hopes of landing a max deal in free agency. It's unclear how likely that is this time around without another team signing Collins to an offer sheet. Atlanta would have an opportunity to match that offer as well. 

Amick shared more details on Atlanta's latest offer: 

"This deal, if accepted, would not only be substantially more than what he was offered previously but would be the biggest yet on the 2021 free-agency market from a lump sum standpoint (Chris Paul’s $120 million deal with Phoenix would be second). In terms of average annual salary, the $25 million figure would be the third-highest (behind Paul’s $30 million and Kyle Lowry’s $30 million with Miami; Utah’s Mike Conley would be right behind Collins at $24.1 million).
"That’s some big-time cheddar for a player who averaged 17.6 points and 7.4 rebounds per game in the regular season, 13.8 points and 9.5 rebounds in the playoffs and—to his credit—was a pivotal piece of the team that shocked us all by getting to the East finals. It’s nowhere near the max deal that Trae Young finalized on Monday night, or that Collins himself could receive, but it’s still very substantial."

On Monday, Young agreed to a rookie max extension worth up to $207 million over five years. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

22.5 per is perfect, especially descending. 

So we are offering him 25 mill instead of 22.5 annually. But this is 5 years over 4 years. It’s better to have Collins in a contract for 5 years over 4 years correct? I mean with him being so young, it’s a great gamble for us. Plus it’s money well spent and well looked upon around the league I think. People might BS and say we overpaid but if it came down to it those very same people would line up to make a trade to land Collins for themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'd stand my ground on 5/125. Wouldn't go further.

It's an overpay but given the Hawks' cap situation, better that than him walk, really hope that you don't see somebody come to the table with a max offer.

I'm not sure anyone actually has the ability to offer him a max deal.  

• Like 2

I don't want to comment until things are made official, but I don't think JC is in any rush to sign.

They just said they want him to get the free agent experience and meet with teams. Free agency just started yesterday. They cannot officially sign deals until the 6th anyway. I don't think there is a hold out or anything, I think he signs the deal once he is officially able to do so. There is no real incentive to do otherwise considering he and the Hawks have a mutual understanding that he will be back.