• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

8/4 UPDATE: Collins to sign $125 million deal with the Hawks per Woj

timebomb

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Remember, teams will process their own free agents last so the technically have that space still.

You are correct but I don't see the Knicks signing JC with Randle so I don't see them as a real threat, but stranger things have happened.

• Premium Member

Know I speak for most of us when I say I'm very curious just what it is that's slowing down a final decision. Is it all about SAS, or is there another team that's out there? Is it all about a Markkanen deal getting done or not... or something else?

Befuddled.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Know I speak for most of us when I say I'm very curious just what it is that's slowing down a final decision. Is it all about SAS, or is there another team that's out there? Is it all about a Markkanen deal getting done or not... or something else?

Befuddled.

I am with you. It has got to be SAS. Derozan hasn’t signed, Markkenan either. Pop is half way across the globe slowing talks down.  I wonder if SAS goes in a different direction will that negatively affect Collins. If JBap tried to play the Hawks but it turns out the market dries up, do the Hawks lower their initial offer?  

6 minutes ago, sturt said:

Befuddled.

Only team we should be worried about is the Spurs. Every other team doesn’t have enough cap space to offer a Max Offer Sheet without having to negotiate a SnT with us. It’s just a waiting game at this point.

Just did a little research on San Antonio.  The contract they gave Zach Collins fits into the mid level exception.  I believe San Anotnio technically still have about $34,690,000 in cap space.  

John has a strong negotiating point.  Now if San Antonio does the Sign and Trade for Lauri, the Hawks will have all the leverage. 

• Like 1