• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ben Simmons A Hawk? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Diesel

• Moderators

Zion's numbers are pretty gaudy and half the time i watched them i couldn't figure out why he didn't get the ball more.   You got a guy who will get a bucket 61% of the time i think you go to him a bunch.   

He's in a tough spot there.  Pulling for Willie Green to have a good year.   SVG combined with a bad mix of players really sunk them.  This year looks slightly better to me.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

I give JC the full credit be deserves. I think he's probably close to being worth his extension, but a bit overpaid. I can't help it if some of you cats have started to grossly overvalue him though.

Anyone that thinks JC is a better player than Zion is insanely out of touch with reality. There is being a homer, and then there are ludicrous speed levels of being a homer: this is the latter.

It's not about being a better player.  It's about being a better fit.

Plus y'all Zion-ists gonna need to explain who/how Zion's defending in your dream scenarios.  Those'll have to be dreams because we're 2 years-in and he's yet to defend anybody.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, sturt said:

Corrected. Now we agree.

Obviously, we have a disagreement on the value of Gallo, Kev, and Cam right now. 

If we take what they are right now... we're talking 3 bench players for a three time allstar.   What we're saying is that we will send three players who can't beat out our starting 5 for a guy who was voted one of the best players in the league since he's been in the league.   Here's the mean part... This vote was not fan votes... this was Player, Coach, and Media votes.  People talk about a head up trade for Dame Lillard would be fair for both teams when talking about Simmons. 

So what we send Philly is projects and Gallo for Simmons... I think if the potential comes to pass, Philly has a good deal but either way, we make off like Bandits. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

People talk about a head up trade for Dame Lillard would be fair for both teams when talking about Simmons. 

You must be reading different articles than me.  I see lots more coverage of the fact that the Sixers are going to have to accept they aren't going to get close to Dame and need to ratchet down their expectations to get this trade done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

It's not about being a better player.  It's about being a better fit.

Plus y'all Zion-ists gonna need to explain who/how Zion's defending in your dream scenarios.  Those'll have to be dreams because we're 2 years-in and he's yet to defend anybody.

I’ll agree with you just cuz I love John and he’s ours. Zion is just that hot 🥵 chick at the party and everyone wants her but pretend they don’t for obligatory reasons… not me.. someone I know..

18 minutes ago, swanlee said:

We totally broke him and probably the 76ers entire rebuild effort by beating them in the playoffs the way we did.

Hawks broke a lot of teams.  Phi and a bunch of crappy teams who are wondering why they can't be as good as us.  Plus one team in TX is wondering why they're unicorns can't graze farther than round 1.  Gonna get desperate soon.

Eta: Also i recall a lotta eggsperts saying the dude that traded for Trae would be getting fired for passing up on the other guy.  Funny how life makes fools of us all.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, hazer said:

The Sixers were already on the hot seat. They regressed 2 seasons ago when they got bounced in the 1st round which got Brett Brown fired.

The Simmons + Embiid debate has been going on for a while. Ben's lack of shooting has been criticized ad nauseum. The seeds were planted. Their question marks were as big as their expectations. 

We broke them, but they were already brittle when they got to us. We finished the job that started when Kawhi's ball bounced around and in.

I just wanted to toss this out there.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzjurtzl

Simmons for Gallo, BB works.  There would have to be a pick or two thrown in for Philly to save face.

Why the Hawks do it.

They can keep both Okafor and Timothe Luwawu-Cabrrot on the final roster. They drop $3 million in salary and can afford to resign all 3 of Huerter, Reddish and Hunter. More opportunities to play JJ.

Why Philly does it.

They get much better shooting.  They are ready to hand the PG duties off to Maxey and Milton. Team harmony.  Gallo and BB are easier to trade individually than Simmons. BB is an excellent fit opposite Embiid. Gallo gives them much needed scoring off the bench. Probably the best offer they'll receive.

I've given this a lot of thought since this thread was first made. I think I'm good with the above.  Simmons plays super sub on the team until we figure out how to play him and offers an elite option in the event Trae gets hurt. My initial idea is that Simmons is subbed in for Collins at the 6 minute mark and slides over to the PG when Trae goes out at the end of the quarter. He sits at the 6 minute mark of the 2nd quarter.  He plays 24 minutes per night but it means we have an elite level point guard on the floor at all times and we're defensively elite whenever he is on the floor with any two of Hunter/Reddish/Huerter.  From a defensive perspective, Simmons is allowed to guard the other teams' biggest 3 point threat at all times. His length creates nightmares. He no longer has to guard point guards and Hunter, Reddish are now free to fill lanes and cause mischief. With our stable of shooters, he no longer feels that he has to be a shooter to succeed and can relax.

I'm on board with this if it happens.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I just wanted to toss this out there.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzjurtzl

Simmons for Gallo, BB works.  There would have to be a pick or two thrown in for Philly to save face.

Why the Hawks do it.

They can keep both Okafor and Timothe Luwawu-Cabrrot on the final roster. They drop $3 million in salary and can afford to resign all 3 of Huerter, Reddish and Hunter. More opportunities to play JJ.

Why Philly does it.

They get much better shooting.  They are ready to hand the PG duties off to Maxey and Milton. Team harmony.  Gallo and BB are easier to trade individually than Simmons. BB is an excellent fit opposite Embiid. Gallo gives them much needed scoring off the bench. Probably the best offer they'll receive.

I've given this a lot of thought since this thread was first made. I think I'm good with the above.  Simmons plays super sub on the team until we figure out how to play him and offers an elite option in the event Trae gets hurt. My initial idea is that Simmons is subbed in for Collins at the 6 minute mark and slides over to the PG when Trae goes out at the end of the quarter. He sits at the 6 minute mark of the 2nd quarter.  He plays 24 minutes per night but it means we have an elite level point guard on the floor at all times and we're defensively elite whenever he is on the floor with any two of Hunter/Reddish/Huerter.  From a defensive perspective, Simmons is allowed to guard the other teams' biggest 3 point threat at all times. His length creates nightmares. He no longer has to guard point guards and Hunter, Reddish are now free to fill lanes and cause mischief. With our stable of shooters, he no longer feels that he has to be a shooter to succeed and can relax.

I'm on board with this if it happens.

Gallo + Delon Wright is the most I'd give.

18 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Gallo + Delon Wright is the most I'd give.

Gotta make salaries work man and although that does work for salaries it pushes us into the LT by 4mil.  Think of it this way.  Gallo is gone no matter what you do. You can't make his salary work and keep all the kids. If you keep BB, you're keeping him instead of 1 of the kids.  No matter what, 1 of this group is going away if you keep BB or you're going to be deep into the tax. You're in ride or die with the group you got.  Swap Gallo and BB and you still have Delon as a trade chip but Simmons creates a ton of flexibility in moving all your others pieces while allowing you to keep Hunter, Huerter, Reddish. It gives you freedom to move John if he doesn't work out, gives you freedom to move CC if OO works out or Okafor figures it out. Biggest thing it gives you is the ability to pass over the top and beat teams like Milwaukee and Brooklyn with defense.

• Moderators

Man look at this.   What is he thinking?   First he takes a swipe at Simmons and then is he really going to avoid tampering just by not mentioning him by name?   Being rich doesn't mean you're smart.

Warriors owner has harsh comments about Ben Simmons (msn.com)

“In some ways, it doesn’t really fit what we’re doing,” said Lacob. “He makes a lot of money. And, can he finish games? I don’t know.”

“He’s very talented,” Lacob continued about Simmons. “The problem is: We have Draymond [Green]. Draymond and him are very similar in the sense that neither one really shoots and they do a lot of the playmaking. That’s one issue. The salary structure is another.”

To avoid a tampering violation, Lacob did not mention Simmons by name in the interview, only referring to the “Defensive Player of the Year candidate in Philadelphia.”

• Like 2