• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Suns

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

@terrellyou need to calm down bro. Trae is a superstar. He had a great game last night. He's going to make some bad shots just like literally every other player does. I wish he'd cut out some of the 30 foot three point shots six seconds into a possession. 

This team is still good. We're not 0-10 here. We've given away two games so our record should be 6-4 but being 4-6 isn't the end of the world. We have fixable errors on the team that doesn't rely on needing to upgrade talent. Some of this is coaching, some of this is giving more effort on defense (looking at you Clint) and some of this is taking better shots. 

Don't give up on the team or become a hater that just trashes the team after every game. 

I always give players credit when they play well.. Always...And Ive been a Hawks fan longer than some posters have been alive...Im anything but a hater.. I just speak my mind how I feel.....I cant help myself.. My wife tells me I need to chill all of the time....lol

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

I always give players credit when they play well.. Always...And Ive been a Hawks fan longer than some posters have been alive...Im anything but a hater.. I just speak my mind how I feel.....

Your a vet fan that’s why I’m surprised. You know we are gonna flip the script soon.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

@terrellyou need to calm down bro. Trae is a superstar. He had a great game last night. He's going to make some bad shots just like literally every other player does. I wish he'd cut out some of the 30 foot three point shots six seconds into a possession. 

This team is still good. We're not 0-10 here. We've given away two games so our record should be 6-4 but being 4-6 isn't the end of the world. We have fixable errors on the team that doesn't rely on needing to upgrade talent. Some of this is coaching, some of this is giving more effort on defense (looking at you Clint) and some of this is taking better shots. 

Don't give up on the team or become a hater that just trashes the team after every game. 

You are what your record says you are........

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Uuuummmmm???? What fresh hell is this? This can't be right. Right?

Looks like the ref was explaining why Trae got the tech to the hawks bench. But not 100% sure..

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Uuuummmmm???? What fresh hell is this? This can't be right. Right?

I've seen 'the ref was explaining why he gave Trae the tech to the bench' but if I remember correctly there were 2 back to back FULL time outs called prior to his gesture, one by the Suns followed immediately by the Hawks.........so I'm pretty certain the coaching staff and players would have been given an explanation during those timeouts as to why the tech was called, so there would no need for any further explanation to the bench needed IMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

We can't buy a call right now. We should of known Trae being the poster boy for foul calls was going to come back to haunt us. The refs are on the revenge tour. 

Revenge for what? They were the ones making those calls.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Trae will be fine.  He's competitive and he's young and he isn't fully in control of his emotions yet.  It happens -- some guys never get in full control and they are fine (i.e Lebron, CP3, and tons of others that constantly whine).  In fact, KD is probably the only star player I see that doesn't whine constantly.  Half the problem imo is that NAte is so old school he just wants guys to suck it up and deal with it.  That's FINE but he has to be in the refs ear if that's what he wants from the players.

As far as our record goes, it's not the end of the world.  We've failed to close a couple games but we have also faced some decent teams.  The only loss that bothers me so far is the Cavs loss.  We looked pretty good last night.  It's an 82 game season and if we keep looking better the wins will come.  We have golden state on the 2nd night of a b2b for them and we typically play them well.  Hoping we can get a W before playing Utah on ANOTHER b2b travel night...

• Like 1