• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Rockets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

Not sure how everyone can only look at defense even with a 44 point quarter when the hawks were 6 of 19 in the 4th at one point.

The fact is this team doesn’t do anything well in the 4th! Not offensively or defensively…they are just bad all around in the 4th and it’s time to start looking at trades.

I don’t think trades are a overreaction. They should have gotten past this by now but they are trying to relearn how to close games but it’s different when you gain a little respect. I don’t have faith in this unit learning how to close games effectively enough so while I wouldn’t trade the whole team of course I’d surely make a impact trade if I’m Travis.

No need to hit the panic button yet, but the thing that has to change is Nate's approach to his rotations. 

This was the exact same thing we were seeing last year with LP.  Ironically, these droughts were happening when Bogi and Hunter got hurt.  Once we got Bogi back, we got the extra shooter we could put out on the floor, that could keep teams at bay, or stretch leads out in the 4th.

Meanwhile, I was also watching the Memphis Grizzlies destroy the Sixers by 35 points, without Ja Morant.  Their bench is outstanding and their role players all play defense.

No excuse to lose another game like this, especially to the Rockets.  But it is what it is at this point.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

AGAIN Y'ALL KEEP BRINGING UP POINTS

WHAT ABOUT THE DAMN DEFENSE!!!!

You Trae Nut huggers have issues

What defense? IT put up alot of points in Boston, and they still got rid of him..Guess why? Kemba can put up alot of points but cant get off the Knicks bench.. Guess why?

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yes they were. They were using him on down screens. Our help side defenders had to pick up his man which created space on the wing. Trae is ass as f*** on defense in the regular season. I want to get mad at Clint but they did that space out shit Utah did to Gobert v. LAC to neutralize him.

That’s fine but this is not the same defense McMillan ran last season. We were in a man type zone and kept Trae towards the baselines where he didn’t have to cover much ground just had to close out and contest best he could.

this new defense is killing Trae and capela . Capela is away from ths goal a lot more this season. Unlike last season we were forcing the opponents offense to Clint on purpose now we are switching and doing all kind of terrible shit.

I get you blame Trae for not being a good defender but place more blame on Nate for not putting a defense out there that fits this team! Warriors don’t allow curry to be on islands but here we are allowing Trae to purposely get raped with no changes …I guess it’s traes fault…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bogi, Hunter, OO in lieu of  Lou, TLC and Dieng (these guys should only be playing in blow outs) - Just saying.

I would normally agree but this team was ass in 4ths with those players playing outside of OO….just saying 

19 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

I have no words. Hawks need to get healthy and play some dang defense. These 4th quarter meltdowns are what bad teams are made of - not ones hoping for playoff glory. 

So it wasnt all LP?

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Delon is a f***ing problem but @sturt wants to keep him?

Without flinching, saying it with my chest.... yes. Absolutely.

Small sample sizes shouldn't be nearly so persuasive as they appear to be for some people.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another 4th quarter meltdown. Giving 44 points by not covering the 3 point shooters but more so the offensive rebounds. We just refuse to BOXOUT.  The defense, Smh.

Some bench guy seems to bring the energy for the other team....where's our guy that can give us that spark, that lift when we need it.

Nope. We have to stick to the "rotations"......

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Hopefully Huerter gets the same hate TLC got last game tonight if not more. He should know/do better, he is one of our key pieces.

Huerter has spent a lot of time in my doghouse over the years, been in and out of there quite a bit.   Something about him always bothers me a bit.  I think it’s because he’s soft and has a tendency to stand around and watch the game.  Especially on defense.    Too many times have I seen a loose ball in his area and he’s the last player to make a move towards it…and rarely does he go to ground even as others are diving for it.   Nwaba took advantage of that because Nwaba is the exact opposite of that type of player.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae more than did his job tonight.  He scored a ton of points.  He got his teammates involved.  And he was ( + ) for the game.

His job is NOT to secure every defensive rebound, nor guard the best wing on the team.  That is the job of other players.

If Trae shot 5 - 22 FG in a loss like this, he should get all the blame.

But if he goes 14 - 22 FG and puts up a 40 piece, and his team loses because they can't stop shooters, secure defensive rebounds, and miss FTs . . . that's not his fault, sir.

Yeah, I'm just too old for agendas and whatnot.  I just tune that ish out.  The team has flaws - perimeter defense being a big one.  But it's not just about the defense, because regardless of how well we play defensively, we have to be able to convert it on the other end.  We also have to do both when it counts.  The "when it counts" part seems to escape some people.  The game is about controlling momentum and scoring/defending on key possessions is how you win games.

I'm not going to say, "It's just the Rockets!!!!" because this is a pro league and the ball don't lie. Anybody can get it on any given night.  We have to execute when it counts and can't give teams like this (any ream really) breathing room or confidence.  A band-aid fix is getting our starters back, ball movement, and focus.  That will get us some games.  We're not going to be a serious threat until we can put something on the court that opponents fear.

As it were, it's too easy to work this team over (on both ends) and give yourself a chance like the Rockets got tonight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Rockets have no superstar and they're a low level team

The Hawks supposedly have a superstar and sum nice players

Well how did the Hawks lose then

Becuz the Rockets used team work + defense + they have no players that are a one man show on their team

BINGO

It’s no surprise the Rockets are playing much better lately.  Jalen Green and Kevin Porter Jr have the worst ratings on their team playing way too many minutes.  Their absence is addition by subtraction.  Everyone on their team had an assist with only 11 team turnovers tonight. And Augustine has always played well versus Trae historically.   Always thought he’d be a nice vet BU to Trae but that ship sailed.  Hats off to them dudes and Silas Jr.

1/3 through the season and this team is 1 game under .500.  I’m not surprised the injuries have just ruined the chemistry.  I wouldn’t dare expect a sound team defense out of this team without Dre and OO.  

Y’all know I’m a weirdo Delon Wright fan so I been pretty bummed/ indifferent toward Nate all season.  I value ball security, playmaking, and defense pretty damn highly.  A player ranked 3rd in assist to turnover and 5th in defensive plays per foul only playing 14 minutes just ain’t my taste.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae more than did his job tonight.  He scored a ton of points.  He got his teammates involved.  And he was ( + ) for the game.

His job is NOT to secure every defensive rebound, nor guard the best wing on the team.  That is the job of other players.

If Trae shot 5 - 22 FG in a loss like this, he should get all the blame.

But if he goes 14 - 22 FG and puts up a 40 piece, and his team loses because they can't stop shooters, secure defensive rebounds, and miss FTs . . . that's not his fault, sir.

Maybe they dont like playing with him..Bogi and Collins body language at times come to mind...... Is that why theyre out so long with injuries? lol........But seriously,  I dont see the will to win with this group....

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

That’s fine but this is not the same defense McMillan ran last season. We were in a man type zone and kept Trae towards the baselines where he didn’t have to cover much ground just had to close out and contest best he could.

this new defense is killing Trae and capela . Capela is away from ths goal a lot more this season. Unlike last season we were forcing the opponents offense to Clint on purpose now we are switching and doing all kind of terrible shit.

I get you blame Trae for not being a good defender but place more blame on Nate for not putting a defense out there that fits this team! Warriors don’t allow curry to be on islands but here we are allowing Trae to purposely get raped with no changes …I guess it’s traes fault…

We do a lot more switching this year but overall, it's the same scheme. Teams are better at exposing Trae. Getting him in actions, force his teammates to help, break Atlanta contain and once Atlanta is recovering, they are weak. Seems like teams just adjusted to us but they are smart too. They only do this in the 4th quarter realizing you do it early and Atlanta will adjust. 

I was listening to the Rockets stream. John Lucas said, we can win this one, we just got to hit them late and adjust basically the Hawks are soft. They are right, we are soft. We don't have that killer that teams like GS have. We don't value possessions. It starts with our general. He has to value possessions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1