• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

After trading Cam, we probably aren't trading Hunter, we have to have a small forward right? I don't think they are looking to trade OO. We would have nothing behind CC and he was a top 10 pick. We can't trade Jon, can we? That's just too drastic. I don't see how have the ammunition for a serious trade, unless it's built around draft picks, which is not Schlenk's style.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Minor update: Hornets pick is going to be attached to other players/picks to try and get an impact player. Might not be until the draft though. Idea is not to hold onto the pick.

I hope this isn’t it before the deadline 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

My big fear is that Simmons deal will see the exit of a wing they covet and Collins then Atlanta will add Harris too. That's a lot of money

I  can see this happening too. My biggest question would be do Schlenk believe Trae can maximize Harris’s offense….anything is possible I guess but that’s the only thing that makes sense in terms of possibilities if you have this as a potential lineup…

Trae

Huerter

Simmons (PF on offense, SF on defense)

Harris (SF on offense, PF on defense at best)

Capela

The problem with this trade is honestly the cap more so than the talent . That’s not to say Hunter and Reddish don’t have higher ceilings than Harris or even Simmons but Simmons and Harris locks this team down over the next 3-4 seasons.

so my questions if this is possibly the lineup Schlenk is going for….can Trae being an additional playmaker for Harris help Harris become a better scorer??

For Simmons…. Trae may be able to help him get some easier points too.

41 minutes ago, JTB said:

I hope this isn’t it before the deadline 

If it isn't, wouldn't the season essentially be tanked? Unless you believe Reddish for Knox is an upgrade. We have to do something now. Schlenk already rung the alarms with the Reddish trade.

Edited by GameTime

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I  can see this happening too. My biggest question would be do Schlenk believe Trae can maximize Harris’s offense….anything is possible I guess but that’s the only thing that makes sense in terms of possibilities if you have this as a potential lineup…

Trae

Huerter

Simmons (PF on offense, SF on defense)

Harris (SF on offense, PF on defense at best)

Capela

The problem with this trade is honestly the cap more so than the talent . That’s not to say Hunter and Reddish don’t have higher ceilings than Harris or even Simmons but Simmons and Harris locks this team down over the next 3-4 seasons.

so my questions if this is possibly the lineup Schlenk is going for….can Trae being an additional playmaker for Harris help Harris become a better scorer??

For Simmons…. Trae may be able to help him get some easier points too.

I think it will be interesting. Trae made it work with Jabari Parker. Harris can score with more versatility 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks should not be taking on $68 million is salary! Please pass on Harris, this makes zero sense.

Actually, one of the things is getting work out is where to send Harris out to.  We know that Harris salary is insane but there is a team or two would love to take him for a draft pick or two (keep your eyes on Houston on this one)

Edited by NekiEcko

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

They shouldn't. That part is true. That doesn't mean they won't. 

It just doesn't make good financial sense to me...nothing worse than bad cap management, then you end up giving up picks to move those contracts.  It's a lose lose.  To me you only make those kind of deals if you are in contention.  We aren't even a playoff team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

It just doesn't make good financial sense to me...nothing worse than bad cap management, then you end up giving up picks to move those contracts.  It's a lose lose.  To me you only make those kind of deals if you are in contention.  We aren't even a playoff team.

It is bad cap management but the Hawks are already in a bad cap position. They just haven't received the bill yet. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It just doesn't make good financial sense to me...nothing worse than bad cap management, then you end up giving up picks to move those contracts.

Not only cap management...Harris is worse than JC in basically every statistical category and is also 5 years older. He would be a substantial downgrade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

They shouldn't. That part is true. That doesn't mean they won't. 

I'm going to be real with you, any GM who would make that trade is a dumbass. You're going to be locking up ~$102 million per season into 3 players leaving you with a little avenue to improve the roster around them. Harris isn't that guy to justify doing that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think it will be interesting. Trae made it work with Jabari Parker. Harris can score with more versatility 

I’m not laughing at you but the fact that you are right ….I forgot all about Trae and Parker when he was here 😂 

I guess I answered my own question. The only other thing is , will it be enough offensive impact from Harris to commit to all this money .

I know you can’t answer that and no one can. That’s the mystery of the deal if such a thing were to happen anyways 

3 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Not only cap management...Harris is worse than JC in basically every statistical category and is also 5 years older. He would be a substantial downgrade.

Offensively in terms of putting the ball on the floor and getting his own shot Harris is better than Collins at that part of their game hands down no argument can be made ….Collins is just better at literally everything else 😂 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I'm going to be real with you, any GM who would make that trade is a dumbass. You're going to be locking up ~$102 million per season into 3 players leaving you with a little avenue to improve the roster around them. Harris isn't that guy to justify doing that. 

Travis is bad at trades. The one thing he won't do is trade FUTURE draft picks like that but players and take on salary. He will and Tony will approve. This will get done or Atlanta won't make a blockbuster move, it's just that simple. This is what Morey wasn't waiting for. That team who NEEDS to make a move. I don't like it and I personally think we are giving Philly a chance at contention. That said, when your market for top end players are limited. There is advantages to it. This is the bad about our season last year, we jumped the gun but the biggest issue is, rookie contracts are about to end and outside of Kevin, no one has given us a discount and don't expect Dre to when there is limitations to big wings with talent in this league. We love talking about we can't pay everyone. We also can't pay if the record is like this. 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So don't make it worse.

I believe they may make it worse so I’m bracing myself for such a thing to happen. I’m just trying to understand the POSSIBLE benefit if it does .

the only benefit is that you (Schlenk) believes Trae is so damn good offensively he can make Harris offensive impact a tons better. That’s the only benefit outside of what Simmons brings (additional playmaking, elite defense, open court king) that I can get from any of this.