• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Any deal where we take back both Harris and Simmons would push us into the tax. You're reading "non tax paying teams".

OH.

Yeah, I didn't read any of the lead-up to that... perhaps self-evidently, I've long ago dismissed that premise, and was just looking at the situation as it stands today.

• Premium Member

The dream scenario, January 25, 2022

Trade w/ OKC

LWR_Recording.png

Buyout

SAS cuts Thad Young; sign to vet minimum

============================================================

Results

Young | Wright | L Williams | (Cooper)

Bogdanovich | Huerter | (Mays)

Hunter | K Williams | Johnson

Collins | Gallinari | Young

Capela | Okongwu | Favors

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Hmmm... I come to the same conclusion, but I'm not following how you get there. Correct my thinking. I understood that this is what guides what we can take back:

LWR_Recording.png

Given that Knox' salary is $5,845,978, we do end up being able to take back a maximum salary of a little over $10.3m.

I think he's talking about Kevin Huerter, not Kevin Knox...since Huerter signed his early extension and that contract hasn't kicked in yet, but it has to be accounted for in any trade.

And if we take back the max allowed for Knox it will put us in the LT this year. We are currently $2.1 million under the tax

• Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, sturt said:

The dream scenario, January 25, 2022

Trade w/ OKC

LWR_Recording.png

Buyout

SAS cuts Thad Young; sign to vet minimum

============================================================

Results

Young | Wright | L Williams | (Cooper)

Bogdanovich | Huerter | (Mays)

Hunter | K Williams | Johnson

Collins | Gallinari | Young

Capela | Okongwu | Favors

I like Dort. If Dort would focus solely on D, we would be scary, Dort, Hunter and OO is a formidable trio on D.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like Dort. If Dort would focus solely on D, we would be scary, Dort, Hunter and OO is a formidable trio on D.

Only player who is going to get any significant PT (assuming we're healthy, of course... knocks... nay... BEATS ON... nay PUMMELS... wood) is Kenrich Williams. That's the hole in the roster right now that begs for being filled.

Acquiring the Yellowjacket twins mostly gives you the satisfaction of knowing if some of our most injury-prone guys of the last two seasons were to go down (PUMMELS harder), you're not necessarily screwed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The only player I really want from OKC that might be available is Josh Giddey. 

Nice article about him here:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/how-thunder-rookie-josh-giddey-has-become-one-of-nbas-most-entertaining-playmakers-with-his-wild-passes/ar-AAT5uVV

I have to think it would be cheaper to get Giddey than Simmons. Giddey is 6'8" and not the 6'11" freak that Simmons is but he's also a gifted passer. His shooting is improving this season as is his rebounding and defense. He would be a hand in glove fit at SG next to Trae.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The only player I really want from OKC that might be available is Josh Giddey. 

Nice article about him here:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/how-thunder-rookie-josh-giddey-has-become-one-of-nbas-most-entertaining-playmakers-with-his-wild-passes/ar-AAT5uVV

I have to think it would be cheaper to get Giddey than Simmons. Giddey is 6'8" and not the 6'11" freak that Simmons is but he's also a gifted passer. His shooting is improving this season as is his rebounding and defense. He would be a hand in glove fit at SG next to Trae.

Why would he be available though?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Why would he be available though?

Because it is Presti. He's capable of both doing a total rebuild and then flipping pieces for a good young player to fit on their team. I didn't say he was available to be clear. I just said he's the only guy I would want from that team since SGA is not.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Uh who drummed up this terrible rumor?  JC for Grant? Nah.... Also, why are the Hawks more open to move Collins for someone less productive than Collins and is injured right now?

This guy

image.png

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Uh who drummed up this terrible rumor?  JC for Grant? Nah.... Also, why are the Hawks more open to move Collins for someone less productive than Collins and is injured right now?

This seem to be the story of the day lol

i can understand the value Simmons brings that Collins may not have in his reportorial but not Grant for Collins.

if anything id trade Bogi for Grant which I believe works straight up in a trade with both contracts being similar per year.

I’m cool with Jermi grant as a backup plan personally just not for Collins. I personally prefer to put a BIG lineup out there with Trae as I believe it would be extremely beneficial.

So we know all the talk, discussion, rumors regarding Simmons but is there any other players you guys have heard about that the Hawks are interested in that you CAN share…. @Sothron @NBASupes @thecampster