• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

14 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm not running the team.  All I'm saying is it's not completely out of the realm of possibility. 

"Guys here me out, I have a great idea. Let's ship out Dame, and bring in Kyrie and build around him."

"This is a joke, right? Am I being memed or something? Or you're testing me, right? Just to see what I would say?"

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

"Guys here me out, I have a great idea. Let's ship out Dame, and bring in Kyrie and build around him."

"This is a joke, right? Am I being memed or something? Or you're testing me, right? Just to see what I would say?"

Come on, blkt.  If you wanna have the discussion, let's have it.

The first conversation is whether or not to pay Dame.  Do you do it or not?  I say the answer is no.

Being that is the case, what's next.  Bringing in Kyme is not the worst alternative.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Come on, blkt.  If you wanna have the discussion, let's have it.

The first conversation is whether or not to pay Dame.  Do you do it or not?  I say the answer is no.

Being that is the case, what's next.  Bringing in Kyme is not the worst alternative.

If you ship out Dame you go into a rebuild. The last thing you do is bring in Kyrie to dribble the air out of the ball when you're trying to develop young players. He has no record of being able to carry a team, he has a record of stepping away from the game for various reasons, and he won't come cheap either. This makes sense on no level. Just concede this one my man.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If you ship out Dame you go into a rebuild. The last thing you do is bring in Kyrie to dribble the air out of the ball when you're trying to develop young players. He has no record of being able to carry a team, he has a record of stepping away from the game for various reasons, and he won't come cheap either. This makes sense on no level. Just concede this one my man.

Again, we're not discussing what I would do.

I'm saying it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that's what they'd do.  When has POR done the tank thing.  It's quite likely their ownership just wants to stay competitive, however they describe that.  Bringing competent starters would be their move.

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Again, we're not discussing what I would do.

I'm saying it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that's what they'd do.  When has POR done the tank thing.  It's quite likely their ownership just wants to stay competitive, however they describe that.  Bringing competent starters would be their move.

How does shipping out Dame and bringing in a not much younger and not much cheaper and much more mercurial Kyrie keep you competitive? It doesn't. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

I don't think Travis would give alot for Simmons.  

Yes. And contrary to the implication in this story, I'm guessing when they say "engaged," what they actually mean is, "these are the teams Morey's been attempting to hard sell... without success."

2022-01-24_10-23-43.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

That's not negotiating in good faith.  If I was a PHI fan, I'd be pissed.  They're basically wasting the season.

Sam Mitchell made a good point in explaining why Morey is holding out for a star.  He said, watching them play, they definitely need it.  And this is their only chance to get one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's not negotiating in good faith.  If I was a PHI fan, I'd be pissed.  They're basically wasting the season.

Sam Mitchell made a good point in explaining why Morey is holding out for a star.  He said, watching them play, they definitely need it.  And this is their only chance to get one.

And also James Harden is 32, while still in his prime, it's probably a little older than ideal.

• Like 2

I barely want to take Ben's salary at his current level of play let alone Tobias Harris.

That's a lot of money added to the books.

Tobias is owed 36, 37.6 , and 39 million going forward. That is a toxic contract for a guy who produces the same stat line as John Collins on less efficiency.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I don't know how to show the picture or add the picks... but  this is the trade that must have been discussed:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y98w6qvm 

This trade depletes our frontcourt depth and I don't think helps us.  It saddles us with too much debt and no telling how the team chemistry will be effected. 

Nah.

Let Morey suffer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I barely want to take Ben's salary at his current level of play let alone Tobias Harris.

Tobias is owed 36, 37.6 , and 39 million going forward. That is a toxic contract for a guy who produces the same stat line as John Collins on less efficiency.

They want to get rid of Harris contract and add a Harden contract. Why else would they be so desperate to ride themselves of that contract? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

They want to get rid of Harris contract and add a Harden contract. Why else would they be so desperate to ride themselves of that contract? 

100%, that is exactly what they are doing. But that doesn't mean that we have to go for it ya know.

What I do like about the deal is that they are willing to go for John only and not adding Hunter or other key players.

So I guess the PIMA fee for taking on 60+ million in salary is that we get two players, 1 a top flight starter, and an all-star level guy, and we only have to give up one top flight starter in exchange.

I would hate this only because we would have zero financial flexibility and a TON of money tied up in to the frontcourt wit Dre and OO paydays right around the corner.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If Philly wants to send Tobias out, they need to be the one attaching picks.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

100%, that is exactly what they are doing. But that doesn't mean that we have to go for it ya know.

What I do like about the deal is that they are willing to go for John only and not adding Hunter or other key players.

So I guess the PIMA fee for taking on 60+ million in salary is that we get two players, 1 a top flight starter, and an all-star level guy, and we only have to give up one top flight starter in exchange.

I would hate this only because we would have zero financial flexibility and a TON of money tied up in to the frontcourt wit Dre and OO paydays right around the corner.

So i guess it would be JC, Gallo, Bogi and two draft picks for Ben and Tobias. You know in theory with JC and Gallo going out we might actually need Tobias. He's in a shooting slump but his track record is solid and he's only 29. I'm not an expert on the financials, but next two years we would have zero financial flexibility. The details of draft compensation are important too. I think id be inclined to pull the trigger as long as a sit down with Ben goes well.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If Philly wants to send Tobias out, they need to be the one attaching picks.  

Lmao they're delusional.

They have a malcontent allstar who refuses to play and in return expect a potential allstar, multiple picks, and to shed salary? They'd be already shedding salary with a JC trade alone.

It's gonna be interesting watching this unfold.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Obviously Hawks ownership alone would veto Simmons+Harris.  That's luxury tax.  If there was a 3rd team willing to take Harris we'd have heard about it, so that's not happening.

If I'm Schlenk I'm making no further contact with Morey.  Philly is dead in the water and nobody is coming to save them.  Let em drown.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So i guess it would be JC, Gallo, Bogi and two draft picks for Ben and Tobias. You know in theory with JC and Gallo going out we might actually need Tobias. He's in a shooting slump but his track record is solid and he's only 29. I'm not an expert on the financials, but next two years we would have zero financial flexibility. The details of draft compensation are important too. I think id be inclined to pull the trigger as long as a sit down with Ben goes well.

I said the same a few days ago. The idea of TH sort of replacing the shooting that JC provides is interesting especially since Ben is a non shooter.  If we are giving up JC and Bogi or JC and Gallo, that's a lot of shooting we will be missing.  But @JayBirdHawk scolded me (jk) that the financials are a nonstarter as next year's totals would be like $145M for 6 players if you include Clint.  

After that I just went with the more palatable option of Simmons / Danny Green for JC / Bogi and called it a day.