• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

18 minutes ago, JTB said:

I can agree with this. Can always just hold off if Simmons is the priority target! No arguing there.

However in the grand scheme of things as I think about this often (trading for Simmons) …..I don’t know why it hasn’t clicked until now for me but even though I heard a few mention it , I really see it now…..Morey really doesn’t have any leverage once he includes Tobias Harris in these deals.

Harris included is a BIG favor for Philly.

If Morey were just to be willing to deal Simmons by himself without Harris he’d certainly get a way better offer on the table but once he includes Harris, all other teams are doing him a favor helping Philly get out of Cap HELL….I get Morey could wait until the off-season but I don’t personally believe it changes the fact that his leverage with Simmons lessens a lot by adding/ forcing Harris in any deal. With that said….at the end of the day, Philly has a consistent young all star player who hates the franchise while choosing not to play and another good player in Harris that’s getting tremendously overpaid where Philly or Morey cant even sell the guy to the worse team in the league as a good trade.

So while I’m in my fan GM mode around this time, my new trade hope and what makes the most sense….consist of giving Philly good role players that fit Embiid and Philly giving the 3rd team  (OKC) in this trade draft capital for helping Philly get out of CAP hell (perhaps ATL too if it helps move the trade along)

image.thumb.jpeg.bdd307417f3a94472f2f2f9255b1dfbc.jpeg

I understand Morey wanted a top 40 player then changed it to a 40ish -50 player or whatever….it’s extremely clear that most teams aren’t willing to put their team in cap hell to help Philly. As long as Harris is included in any Simmons deal I believe Moreys leverage in the trade is very low. Morey can’t sell Tobias Harris as a good trade to any team.

With Bradley Beal recently not willing to extend his contract with Washington and becoming a free agent this summer that may be intriguing to Morey and Philly to pursue him.

ATL has talked to OKC, they don't want Harris contract. Harris contract is causing all of the issues. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The rumor is it's difficult to get the value they covet for C.J. and they would rather keep him.

What kind of value is PTL seeking for CJ. He has 2 years $33 and $35mil left after this season.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What kind of value is PTL seeking for CJ. He has 2 years $33 and $35mil left after this season.

Expiring contracts only to make a run at Kyrie in FA but there is belief they can do a SnT within their organization but it will cost a lot. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Expiring contracts only to make a run at Kyrie in FA but there is belief they can do a SnT within their organization but it will cost a lot. 

$33 mil in expiring contracts??? Are they including picks with that?

So PTL wants to go from a Dame/McC to a Dame/Kyrie backcourt???

Hunter is a non-starter if I’m Schlenky, unless in a package for a top tier Superstar higher than Simmons. Dre, Trae, and Wu should be untouchable, one is already a Superstar and the other 2 have the potential to be. 

• Like 4

Trading JC for Ben makes more sense than trading Hunter for Ben. Ben could replace a lot of what JC does, aside from threes. Ben is actually just as deadly around the basket. But Hunter's skill set is tailor made for a modern day wing, and we would have a black hole at the position. JC relegated to a three point shooter would be a waste of his abilities, and you dont want Kevin taking 8 or 9 threes a game, trust me on that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trading JC for Ben makes more sense than trading Hunter for Ben. Ben could replace a lot of what JC does, aside from threes. Ben is actually just as deadly around the basket. But Hunter's skill set is tailor made for a modern day wing, and we would have a black hole at the position. JC relegated to a three point shooter would be a waste of his abilities, and you dont want Kevin taking 8 or 9 threes a game, trust me on that. 

JC for Ben makes more sense for Philly.... if they can move Harris. 

Problem is that unless they are sending Harris for Westbrook... NOT... nobody wants Harris' contract.   That's where Morey is stuck.  Now, if there were a third team willing to take Harris' contract.. say OKC or Houston.. then they'd take JC but Houston is not going to Help Morey and I have no reason why OKC won't do it.   A while back I proposed doing the trade with Harris going to OKC and Favors going to Philly...While we sent Bogi and Gallo.   However, if they want JC... I'm not jumping on that deal.

Would they take Bogi and Gallo and Favors and some picks for Simmons & Harris?  Probably not.   Philly would be left with Gallo and Favors to play PF. 

48 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

So in other words, 76ers wants Hunter but we are not giving them Hunter, so no deal for Simmons.  Yea, the only untouchable is Trae, Dre and Wu (Capela until off-season) and I think 76ers has over play their hand with Simmons.

This part.

Eta: I kinda think we similarly overplayed our hands with Cam, which is why the return seemed paltry.  I expect the same wince Simmons is dealt.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

Sixers and Hawks are looking a lot less likely to do a Tobias Harris deal even 3 team so it's looking very unlikely Philly will get John Collins. 

Philly who have been scouting Hunter for awhile really likes him but had injury concerns. That said, when he plays, they are overly impressed and see him as a potential star in this league. While Atlanta has told Philly, Hunter is a part of his own package for Philly, Philly hasn't shown a great deal of interest since he's been hurt but since he's been back, their scouts have watched every game and are sold on him. If Morey is to do a deal for Simmons with Atlanta. Hunter will be the centerpiece. It will be packaged around him, Gallo, and possibly Bogi with Simmons and Green going back to Atlanta plus a throw in filler contract. The Kings rumors aren't real. The Kings never offered draft picks and refuse to. 

Portland has pulled McCollum from the market. The rumor is it's difficult to get the value they covet for C.J. and they would rather keep him. They are targeting Julius Randle who's been struggling bad for RoCo and Nance. This could be a deal that happens as NY wants to get rid of Randle. Word is, Portland thinks they can do a SnT with C.J. and their 1st to land a star like Kyrie. It seems like getting Kyrie is their priority. 

Lakers are open to trading their 2027 1st but they want what they feel is a difference maker. The Grant rumors are real. That offer is real and DET is taking it seriously but like most, people are skeptical of doing a deal with LA because they are the kings of getting FAs. 

Knicks are shopping Randle. Hardly anyone outside of Portland has interest. 

Orlando really really wants to trade Ross and Harris. Less interested in Bamba but plenty of teams are interested. It will be interesting to see if he's moved. 

While it's less likely the Kings move Fox or Hali before the trade deadline, Holmes or Bagley could be moved for the right offer and he's being told it could happen. Especially for Holmes. 

Washington is one of the most aggressive teams on the market looking for an impact trade. Watch for them. Beal wants to see one more major move. 

It's going to be a good deadline this year as I said last time, a lot of trades, maybe nothing major but a lot of trades could happen. Including the Hawks regardless of what happens to Simmons. 

Trading hunter would be a big mistake. Hes a perfect complement to trae as a low usage wing that will guard the best player and attack smaller defenders when teams opt to put bigger defenders on trae.

The package should involve jc

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Simmons is a PG.  Trae is a PG.  If you want Simmons, give up Trae.  All in favor, say "Aye!"

:hi:

Actually Gray,

He can play PG when Trae goes to the bench, and he can play in "Draymond Green" position for us, and Trae can do more off the ball.

If Schlenk traded Hunter for Simmons. Simmons would clearly come in as the Starting 3 and offensively Collins would be more of a shooter then he is now.

it’s interesting how most are now more willing to trade Collins for Simmons rather than Hunter for Simmons if they HAD to make a trade and I’m with that crew. I would much rather trade Collins for Simmons than Hunter based on what I’ve seen lately….

Oddly most consider collins the teams second best player but clearly that title is challenged when Hunter is healthy.

I will say this….im still intrigued with the possibility of adding Simmons especially to pair with Collins. I mentioned it before and I would be very curious if Collins could be more impactful offensively if he had another star playmaker to go along with Trae!…that’s the part that would be the high ceiling of the trade in my opinion….

Can McMillan put together an offense that actually gets collins a lot more involved with these two elite playmakers????

how much does Trae and Simmons elevate collins game offensively????

Does two elite playmakers make Collins a sure all star player????

Collins probably fits Ben better than Hunter offensively due to Collins high level off ball player movement. It’s worth thinking about for Schlenk even if Hunter is the centerpiece.