• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

30 minutes ago, sturt said:

Hmmmm.

Yes. Due to one bad playoff series... annnnnnnnnnnd... everything else that's happened since then that's illuminated more about the player, most or all of which has been legitimate reason for concerns.

We all know that. Virtually no one is ignorant of the downside, so soft-pedaling the downside isn't a rhetorical strategy that's going to be persuasive.

If you want us to obtain Ben Simmons for the video game regular season, I'm all in. We all are.

It's the real life Ben Simmons that's more complicated. Far more complicated.

Some stuff about Simmons mentality is true I won’t defend that and it’s good he took it serious and been getting treatment since this past off season or whenever  BUT I will defend Simmons vs Philly….you got a coach that called out Simmons to the national media and public when asked can you win with Simmons and doc said I don’t know …you think a player is going to take it lightly when they hear  their coach basically say we can’t win with you! Lol….then the other star of the team Embiid, bashes him too DURING or right after the series! ….on that part in my opinion Simmons didn’t act any different than any of these other stars would have.

Harden didn’t attend any practices, training camp or anything when he wanted out of Houston then showed up late and out of shape.

Wall is currently (or was) choosing not to play because he feels disrespected about not starting. So this star or former star is literally watching the games on the sidelines because he chooses not to come off the bench.

Simmons has mental issues I get it. I believe many have mental issues but they just don’t go public with it….at least Simmons been trying to address it with Proffessional therapy….But the way Philly try to act like they didn’t put Simmons on blast during the playoffs to make it worse is odd to me.

I’m not saying Simmons don’t have issues I’m just saying it’s not like Philly went about it as a classy organization (Including their local media)…this dude Simmons been getting blasted for a while…I don’t really believe it’s because of not shooting he’s been not shooting since LSU probably before that. I think he mentally checked out cause of Doc and Embiids public comments about him.

Not defending Simmons bad play vs Trae because that is what seem to have really sparked things….I’m just saying let’s not defend phillys front office and other star player for handling the situation wrong when it should have been behind closed doors.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Westbrook is the key to a Ben Simmons deal.  This trade might give the Lakers another championship, but it would give all parties what they want, without giving up significant assets and draft picks.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9rfwaho

Can't imagine Westbrook would be appealing to Philly.  And giving up Simmons and Harris (the 2 and 3 for that team) for Bogie and Westbrook?  Zero chance Philly even thinks about that deal, imo.  

Lakers and Hawks make out like bandits in that deal.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Some stuff about Simmons mentality is true I won’t defend that and it’s good he took it serious and been getting treatment since this past off season or whenever  BUT I will defend Simmons vs Philly….you got a coach that called out Simmons to the national media and public when asked can you win with Simmons and doc said I don’t know …you think a player is going to take it lightly when they hear  their coach basically say we can’t win with you! Lol….then the other star of the team Embiid, bashes him too DURING or right after the series! ….on that part in my opinion Simmons didn’t act any different than any of these other stars would have.

Harden didn’t attend any practices, training camp or anything when he wanted out of Houston then showed up late and out of shape.

Wall is currently (or was) choosing not to play because he feels disrespected about not starting. So this star or former star is literally watching the games on the sidelines because he chooses not to come off the bench.

Simmons has mental issues I get it. I believe many have mental issues but they just don’t go public with it….at least Simmons been trying to address it with Proffessional therapy….But the way Philly try to act like they didn’t put Simmons on blast during the playoffs to make it worse is odd to me.

I’m not saying Simmons don’t have issues I’m just saying it’s not like Philly went about it as a classy organization (Including their local media)…this dude Simmons been getting blasted for a while…I don’t really believe it’s because of not shooting he’s been not shooting since LSU probably before that. I think he mentally checked out cause of Doc and Embiids public comments about him.

Not defending Simmons bad play vs Trae because that is what seem to have really sparked things….I’m just saying let’s not defend phillys front office and other star player for handling the situation wrong when it should have been behind closed doors.

Simmons is hardly the first star to force his way out. Philly might be the first team not to give in though. I cant remember any previous stand offs going this long.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JTB said:

I don't think this is the case.  He asked to play and they want to tank and give the minutes to young players.

Before the 2021-22 NBA season could get underway, John Wall and the Houston Rockets verbally agreed to allow the star point guard to sit out until a trade could be found. Wall wanted a trade away from the Rockets so he could play for a more immediate contender. Now [November 2021], Wall has waited long enough and wants to get back on the court.

Adrian Wojnarowski reports Wall recently spoke to Rockets’ general manager Rafael Stone about resuming play with the team. 

The former All-Star point guard told Shams Charania, The Athletic that he wants to play for the Houston Rockets. Before the 2021-22 season started, he and the Rockets agreed to keep him on the bench until the team could find a new home for him.

Since then, there hasn’t been any trade noise from Houston or another team, likely due to the huge injury risk associated with Wall and the $44.3 million he’s owed this season with a $47.4 million player option for next season.

John wants the ability to compete for the number one option, the Rockets want to keep giving their young talent developmental minutes

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Can't imagine Westbrook would be appealing to Philly.  And giving up Simmons and Harris (the 2 and 3 for that team) for Bogie and Westbrook?  Zero chance Philly even thinks about that deal, imo.  

Are people joking? Deals involving Westbrook? Or Campster's suggestion a deal could involve John Wall. Be serious here. No one wants overpaid washed up vets on the wrong side of 30. Morey aint stupid. There are three deals out there that I think are legit. Sac deal, not sure what players, but they have a lot of players to mix and match, I suspect they dont want to trade Fox though, that would be a tough ask. Detroit deal, centered around Grant and Bey. No way Detroit trades unprotected picks as they are rebuilding. Our deal centered around John and Bogi and/or Gallo and draft picks. No other offers have sounded plausible to me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I hear you, I dont' personally have strong feelings on making a big move for Simmons but I do think it's fascinating I've read opinions that range from good/bad fit on the court to good/bad fit in the locker room, and everything inbetween.  I think it's clear Simmons is just a bit of a wildcard no matter what.  He's got talent though so if the fit doesn't work immediately, I think you have to make more moves to assemble around him and Trae.

Again, its the price.  The Sixers want "The Treasure of the Sierre Madre" to get Simmons.  The Hawks would have to gut their roster and some of their future to sign Simmons.  He is not worth that in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah except AD would have a fit if they were to trade for 2 PF,  knowing he'll have to play a ton of min at Center... lol

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Are people joking? Deals involving Westbrook? Or Campster's suggestion a deal could involve John Wall. Be serious here. No one wants overpaid washed up vets on the wrong side of 30. Morey aint stupid. There are three deals out there that I think are legit. Sac deal, not sure what players, but they have a lot of players to mix and match, I suspect they dont want to trade Fox though, that would be a tough ask. Detroit deal, centered around Grant and Bey. No way Detroit trades unprotected picks as they are rebuilding. Our deal centered around John and Bogi and/or Gallo and draft picks. No other offers have sounded plausible to me. 

Yep, people seem to forget the Sixers goal is winning a chip lol Westbrook and John Wall are not going to help them with that.  Feels like DET, ATL, and SAC are the most likely partners.  Maybe POR but their players feel worse

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Once and for all, Morey (allegedly) hates Westbrook from the HOU days.  That deal is not happening.

ETA: On another note:

Some rando with a UTA/BOS potential deal ...

I was sooo confused...I was thinking 'how is Utah in this deal'  -it's the other Bogdanovic,,,as in Bojan not our Bogdan.

Reading really is Fundamental.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't follow the Celtics closely but from what I've seen Smart is partly coasting on his reputation as a bulldog defender. 

Celtic fans would agree with that - they said he's defense is just 'throwing around his body' looking good playing defense but not actually playing defense.

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yep, people seem to forget the Sixers goal is winning a chip lol Westbrook and John Wall are not going to help them with that.  Feels like DET, ATL, and SAC are the most likely partners.  Maybe POR but their players feel worse

POR is out. They are only trading Damian if they do a total rebuild, and they aren't rebuilding around Ben Simmons. Plus Philly does not have desirable draft picks. Dont see them going for CJ, whose stock has dropped a little bit to due age and huge contract. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I hear that (... or, actually see it).

But for as long as there are two Bogis in the Association, there's a definite need to have two different nicknames.

And you know, I never comment on the topic of nicknames...

R.f4faf8f8f57cc26e9cd44d2935e72a31?rik=9

...but I just feel compelled in this case.

• Haha 2