• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Well I think if we have Ben, it would be less starters vs bench, and more like a Trae unit and a Ben unit, with Capela playing with Trae and Ben playing with Harris. 

What you said! A Trae unit and Ben unit!

image.gif.623e17d0f88865f7a87724ad9a662eba.gif

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Philly does have leverage. Their leverage is multiple teams want Ben Simmons. 

For what price is the question. Morey has already dropped the price from a top-30 to a top-40 player. He's doing that because no one is biting. Simmons is a good player, but he's not worth the 113 million over the next 3 years on his contract. He's shown that from his playoff performances. I'd like us to add him, but trading Collins + assets to do that is overpaying.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Philly does have leverage. Their leverage is multiple teams want Ben Simmons. 

Agreed.  Their problem is they wanted a Damian Lillard type of player and they don't have the leverage to make that happen.  I'm sure they were hoping someone like Kyrie Irving would have a fallout with his team and demand to be traded and suddenly there would be a match for the value they want.  That hasn't materialized so they need to lower their standards.

But they should absolutely still have leverage to get competing offers of good players.  Just not at the level they originally wanted.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

For what price is the question. Morey has already dropped the price from a top-30 to a top-40 player. He's doing that because no one is biting. Simmons is a good player, but he's not worth the 113 million over the next 3 years on his contract. He's shown that from his playoff performances. I'd like us to add him, but trading Collins + assets to do that is overpaying.

You might be right. But if Schlenk thinks a Trae and Ben pairing has more upside then I'm on board. No question it's risky though.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Hawks Twitter has been pushing Derrick White for Bogi.  Much less risky and you get a secondary ball handler that will allow Trae to play off ball and White is a good defender.  About 1/3 the cost of Ben and don't have to gut the roster. 

That kind of deal could work well.  I just would always think hard if you have the chance to get a superstar because most champions have multiple superstars and we only have 1 right now.  If TS believes Simmons is a superstar talent, I trust in his talent evaluation.  Bogi for White is a nice lateral move to add diversity to our talent (starting from the premise that there is a lot of duplication between Bogi and Huerter long-term).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Hawks Twitter has been pushing Derrick White for Bogi.  Much less risky and you get a secondary ball handler that will allow Trae to play off ball and White is a good defender.  About 1/3 the cost of Ben and don't have to gut the roster. 

Why would SAS?  Bogi has a shorter contract and a pick? Charlotte 2022 1st?

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You might be right. But if Schlenk thinks a Trae and Ben pairing has more upside then I'm on board. No question it's risky though.

Risk worth pursing depending on cost....anything adding Harris is adding to that risk which I'm utterly against.

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Gimme Murray instead.  There's our defender/secondary playmaker(kinda).

White is almost as healthy(sic) as Bogd.

• Like 3

Just now, kg01 said:

Gimme Murray instead.  There's our defender/secondary playmaker(kinda).

White is almost as healthy(sic) as Bogd.

If he was available, I'd be down for that.  Wish we could have jumped on the Murray train when his stock was lower.  He's been fantastic this year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

My biggest concern about the Simmons trade is not on the court, but the locker room. Losing a charismatic guy like Jon, and adding a somewhat detached, standoffish guy like Ben. 

100%

We have a semi-void as is when it comes to leadership as JC is the only real vocal guy. You replace him with a dude that is so weak minded that Philly had to let go of Jimmy Butler to make him happy. Because Jimmy pushed him too hard. Forgetting that Embiid loved Jimmy, but the team bent for Ben.

Think about that dynamic for a second. Subtraction by addition

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

100%

We have a semi-void as is when it comes to leadership as JC is the only real vocal guy. You replace him with a dude that is so weak minded that Philly had to let go of Jimmy Butler to make him happy. Because Jimmy pushed him too hard. Forgetting that Embiid loved Jimmy, but the team bent for Ben.

True. But Ben's career is at a crossroads and he's been away from the game. Supposedly he's been in therapy. Maybe he's ready to embrace a team concept now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

True. But Ben's career is at a crossroads and he's been away from the game. Supposedly he's been in therapy. Maybe he's ready to embrace a team concept now. 

Ima tell you like I tell these chicks. You can't change a man, and you never pick a man based on potential. He is who he shows himself to be. And if you allow the relationship to start off when he is broken, you cannot blame him down the road for remaining that way. Whatever character or behavior that you accept in the beginning is the foundation for the entire relationship going forward.

It would be naïve to think that WE are the magic potion that will get him on track, when nothing has ever come out to suggest that he has changed his ways.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

100%

My current question is does the rest of the team see JC as a leader?  I know he's vocal and tries to be that guy but idk if the rest of the team really buys into it, particularly trae.  I've seen Trae's body language in huddles when JC and getting animated, pointing, shouting, etc.  

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

My current question is does the rest of the team see JC as a leader?  I know he's vocal and tries to be that guy but idk if the rest of the team really buys into it, particularly trae.  I've seen Trae's body language in huddles when JC and getting animated, pointing, shouting, etc.  

Yup, I’m there too. I love an engaged JC. Honestly, he’s worried about the deadline. It’s effecting his play a bit he’s not as loose. We see loose JC in April and that JC is so versatile you could even run him at SF. 😂 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Those are fair points. But usually the bottom line in sports is winning cures everything.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I sometimes wonder if collins is like Bogi a borderline all star on a really good year.