• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

28 minutes ago, JTB said:

Even if 1st rd picks are added? They still wouldn’t take on Harris contract?

If Im not mistaken, OKC still has more draft picks than they will have room on their roster the next few years. At some point they have to try and flip those picks in to contributing NBA players (how we did), and not continue to stockpile.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, JTB said:

Even if 1st rd picks are added? They still wouldn’t take on Harris contract?

They got too many firsts... they likely don't know what to do with them. They're in a position that they can demand picks be unprotected or they're not interested... and we all how much Travis values his own firsts and we all know what an ass Morey is. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If Im not mistaken, OKC still has more draft picks than they will have room on their roster the next few years. At some point they have to try and flip those picks in to contributing NBA players (how we did), and not continue to stockpile.

19 minutes ago, warcore said:

They got too many firsts... they likely don't know what to do with them. They're in a position that they can demand picks be unprotected or they're not interested... and we all how much Travis values his own firsts and we all know what an ass Morey is. 

Thanks I actually forgot Presti went loco on draft picks.

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

Sixers and Hawks are looking a lot less likely to do a Tobias Harris deal even 3 team so it's looking very unlikely Philly will get John Collins. 

Philly who have been scouting Hunter for awhile really likes him but had injury concerns. That said, when he plays, they are overly impressed and see him as a potential star in this league. While Atlanta has told Philly, Hunter is a part of his own package for Philly, Philly hasn't shown a great deal of interest since he's been hurt but since he's been back, their scouts have watched every game and are sold on him. If Morey is to do a deal for Simmons with Atlanta. Hunter will be the centerpiece. It will be packaged around him, Gallo, and possibly Bogi with Simmons and Green going back to Atlanta plus a throw in filler contract. The Kings rumors aren't real. The Kings never offered draft picks and refuse to. 

Portland has pulled McCollum from the market. The rumor is it's difficult to get the value they covet for C.J. and they would rather keep him. They are targeting Julius Randle who's been struggling bad for RoCo and Nance. This could be a deal that happens as NY wants to get rid of Randle. Word is, Portland thinks they can do a SnT with C.J. and their 1st to land a star like Kyrie. It seems like getting Kyrie is their priority. 

Lakers are open to trading their 2027 1st but they want what they feel is a difference maker. The Grant rumors are real. That offer is real and DET is taking it seriously but like most, people are skeptical of doing a deal with LA because they are the kings of getting FAs. 

Knicks are shopping Randle. Hardly anyone outside of Portland has interest. 

Orlando really really wants to trade Ross and Harris. Less interested in Bamba but plenty of teams are interested. It will be interesting to see if he's moved. 

While it's less likely the Kings move Fox or Hali before the trade deadline, Holmes or Bagley could be moved for the right offer and he's being told it could happen. Especially for Holmes. 

Washington is one of the most aggressive teams on the market looking for an impact trade. Watch for them. Beal wants to see one more major move. 

It's going to be a good deadline this year as I said last time, a lot of trades, maybe nothing major but a lot of trades could happen. Including the Hawks regardless of what happens to Simmons. 

So basically we're gonna trade Cam, Dre, Bogi, and Gallo for a late 1st, Knox, Simmons, and Green? I cant see Travis doing that..Hunter is such a great fit with Trae.. Send them JC ,Bogi, and a some picks instead..Throw in JJ if you have to.. Just Stay away from Dre.............. lol

• Like 4

4 hours ago, hazer said:

Hunter is a non-starter if I’m Schlenky, unless in a package for a top tier Superstar higher than Simmons. Dre, Trae, and Wu should be untouchable, one is already a Superstar and the other 2 have the potential to be. 

me-one-please.gif.08483f98627fd2f0a806d2e8165edd24.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Simmons is a PG.  Trae is a PG.  If you want Simmons, give up Trae.  All in favor, say "Aye!"

:hi:

Summons would work good with a Collins/Capella front court and a 17-20PPG swing player... Especially one with a good shooting touch from the outside.

Trae would be great with a guard like Manu Ginobili or Dan Majerle.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AtLaS said:

I want no part in a Simmons trade if it involves Hunter or Collins. 

If we can get him for Bogi/Gallo/OKC 1st  I would go for it.  

that's the trade I made in 2k for Simmons except I gave them the hornets first as well. Our top five protected pick this year would also be in play if we were being realistic.

Trading JC for Simmons is a better fit than Hunter.  Giving up Hunter plus Bogi really hurts our shooting.

1 hour ago, warcore said:

I agree. Sounds stupid. 

I imagine that means Dame is no longer long for POR.

Think about it.  Would you wanna be paying over $50mil/yr for an over30 small guard already showing signs of decline?

Edited by kg01

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I imagine that means Dame is no longer long for POR.

Think about it.  Would you wanna be paying over $50mil/yr for an over30 small guard already showing signs of decline?

They aren't replacing Dame with Kyrie, or pairing the two. That makes no sense. Would it kill posters to be a little more incredulous? 

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Simmons is a PG.  Trae is a PG.  If you want Simmons, give up Trae.  All in favor, say "Aye!"

:hi:

Historically yes, but Simmons can play SG/SF/PF and is probably even better suited for those positions. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

They aren't replacing Dame with Kyrie, or pairing the two. That makes no sense. Would it kill posters to be a little more incredulous? 

Have you not seen Billups openly wooing Kyme? 

Just because we recognize he's a wildcard doesn't mean other folks don't see him as a project they can tame.

Again, follow the money?  Do you think Dame, at this point in his career, is worth an extension that will pay him high $40mils per year?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Have you not seen Billups openly wooing Kyme? 

Just because we recognize he's a wildcard doesn't mean other folks don't see him as a project they can tame.

Again, follow the money?  Do you think Dame, at this point in his career, is worth an extension that will pay him high $40mils per year?

Who would build a team around Kyrie? I don't care what Billiups says, management is not betting their careers on Kyrie.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Who would build a team around Kyrie? I don't care what Billiups says, management is not betting their careers on Kyrie.

I'm not running the team.  All I'm saying is it's not completely out of the realm of possibility. 

• Like 1