• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I don't disagree with you.  His foot injury gives me lots of pause.  And he doesn't stretch the defense.   BUT

27/7/3 last year.    That's with poor PG play and no real outside shooters. 

If it were possible to get him in.. remake him and get him down to say 265...  He would be a monster.  But thats the dream.  The reality is that I'm guessing he's more like 340 right now.  But I don't think he has motivators. 

Zion would definitely be a project.   High Risk.  High Reward. 

The only thing he stretches is his stomach. But, eh.... Great numbers, but he will probably go the way of Shawn Kemp, Derrick Coleman and Vin Baker.

In fact, Ben Simmons could also end up being like a Vin Baker for that matter.

Edited by Plainview1981

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't see such a big in-season trade happening with 32 games left and the team trying to stay in the playoff hunt and having to incorporate a guy that hasn't played all year and will have to learn the system and teammates.

This is a very good point and likely what will happen if the team continues to click and win games. i don’t believe we will see any major trades take place but rather something small and I do believe this team will go 3-1 over the next 4 games.

….however if the team happens to lose their next 4 games by the trade deadline Feb. 10th and we’re sitting at 24-30 by that time then I disagree and will say that a BIG trade is a lot more likely to take place  (my opinion of course). I believe losing the next 4 by Feb 10th would not be a good thing at all for the hawks front office to see and a shake up would be on its way.

hace 11 horas, Diesel dijo:

Delon = Better defender. 

Delon = Better 3 pt shooter.

Hart would not be a starter here either.

Hart = 12 Million dollars this season.   Cut next season.

Delon = 1 year deal. 

Hart is a starter scoring about 13 points per game in 30 something minutes for a team that has no scorers. 

Delon plays 1/2 the minutes and scores like 8 ppg on a team loaded with scorers.

Like I said.. I'm cool on Hart. 

Let's Talk about facts, Hart is 91 on WAR ránkings, Dieng and Delon are outside 200. 

Hart has a positive RAPTOR as well.

He has better stats than Huerter, Bogi and Hunter, yes all if them 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Let's Talk about facts, Hart is 91 on WAR ránkings, Dieng and Delon are outside 200. 

Hart has a positive RAPTOR as well.

He has better stats than Huerter, Bogi and Hunter, yes all if them 

But where would you put him here?  Do you make him your starting SG?

He may have a great Raptor.  But in real life, his 32% 3 pt shooting doesn't help us. 

8 hours ago, JTB said:

@Sothron I’m not looking for a response from you just sharing my thoughts on this for others****

If I had to guess “some people happy and some people upset”…this clearly  involves Ben Simmons for John Collins …..but that’s not the breaking news and should come to no surprise really since it’s been well known the last few weeks that an offer was on the table involving those two and even ESPN, Yahoo sports, etc had a few of their analyst confirm this.

so what’s the big news????!!!

….I’m going to take a high level guess that the big news coming is that Schlenks interest in Simmons is higher than what many originally thought and he’s willing to take on Tobias under certain conditions!

those conditions would point to Schlenk actually giving Morey  options to clear up cap space for harden this summer  but will gut Philly on draft picks in order to help them and take Tobias bad contract off their hands….and maybe there’s a 3rd team involved just help it all work out but the moves would be small on their end.

That’s my guess….. not because I want it to happen (I’m honestly not caring as much as I once did) but because I believe Schlenk interest in Simmons is at an extreme high to pair him with Trae.

Let me weigh in. This is not available for public consumption. Sothron and I compared notes and didn't even go into detail with each other. What we had, lined up completely without prompting. There is no imminent trade or signing that I know of, so we can stop speculating there. There is also no guarantee this will ever make the media and we probably should have conducted this business offline. Sorry if this got any anyone's panties twerked. I can't and won't speak on it further. 

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

The interesting thing to me is - if you believe the insiders - Trae is the one driving the Simmons bus with Travis.  If he thinks it will work and wants Ben, I'm on board because Trae is a very smart player and has to understand what that means for the team and for him. 

That's now been reported in the media as well.  On the Simmons thing, its been pretty consistent we say it, it hits the media 2-5 days later.

Correction: He's made his feelings known. He isn't driving the bus or crashing the Ferrari.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

hace 31 minutos, Diesel dijo:

But where would you put him here?  Do you make him your starting SG?

He may have a great Raptor.  But in real life, his 32% 3 pt shooting doesn't help us. 

I think he can start at SG and Hunter at SF, he may shot below average from 3 pt line but he will be the solution for our defense problems and Will help a lot on rebounding. We need good defense at wings with Trae on the floor. I know is not a fan favourite statement bu I would trade Bogi for him if we can extend him. In my opinion Huerter and Bogi are redundant.

Edited by gurpilo

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

This is a very good point and likely what will happen if the team continues to click and win games. i don’t believe we will see any major trades take place but rather something small and I do believe this team will go 3-1 over the next 4 games.

….however if the team happens to lose their next 4 games by the trade deadline Feb. 10th and we’re sitting at 24-30 by that time then I disagree and will say that a BIG trade is a lot more likely to take place  (my opinion of course). I believe losing the next 4 by Feb 10th would not be a good thing at all for the hawks front office to see and a shake up would be on its way.

I disagree that losing the next 4 would be the empitus for a massive overhaul midseason. 4 games separate the 7-12 seeds. If the Hawks lose the next 4, it will require all the teams above and below us to win all 4 to drastically alter the standings. And I think it's more about how we are playing over the next 4 games vs the actual W/L record that will drive minor changes if they happen.

As long as we have a chance at the play-in games, I don't anticipate us making a drastic overhaul of the team midseason. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, thecampster said:

That's now been reported in the media as well.  On the Simmons thing, its been pretty consistent we say it, it hits the media 2-5 days later.

Correction: He's made his feelings known. He isn't driving the bus or crashing the Ferrari.

Yeah,  I wasn't saying that as a slight or a doubt whatsoever. Apologies if it came across that way.

You guys have generally been on point this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I disagree that losing the next 4 would be the empitus for a massive overhaul midseason. 4 games separate the 7-12 seeds. If the Hawks lose the next 4, it will require all the teams above and below us to win all 4 to drastically alter the standings. And I think it's more about how we are playing over the next 4 games vs the actual W/L record that will drive minor changes if they happen.

As long as we have a chance at the play-in games, I don't anticipate us making a drastic overhaul of the team midseason. 

We should do what's in the best interest of the team long term. The truth is we are probably heading for a play in no matter what. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JTB said:

So all Trae has to do is sit out a few more games if he wants Simmons.... lol

We might go 0-4 without him...

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

This from the Okongwu article...

The Hawks have been linked to Ben Simmons and Collins would be the centerpiece in any deal. Trading for Simmons would improve the team’s defense, but Okongwu’s rise means that is no longer as necessary as it once seemed. Simmons would also be a trickier fit on offense. He would take the ball out of Trae’s hands and be in the same spots on the floor as Okongwu. Okongwu has taken only seven 3s in three seasons in college and the NBA.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/2/3/22914141/onyeka-okongwu-trae-young-atlanta-hawks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We should do what's in the best interest of the team long term. The truth is we are probably heading for a play in no matter what. 

Yeah.  I want to enjoy another playoff appearance as much as anyone, but the reality of this season is what it is.  It will be an uphill battle whether we trade or not.  So if it's possible to make a trade that will make the team better for the next several years - even if that means it takes time to build chemistry this season - then so be it.  

I'm just saying I don't want Travis thinking "I shouldn't pull the trigger on this big trade because we are fringe playoffs this year and it'll make it harder to get there this season."   This season is a wash at this point.  If we make it, GREAT!  If not, 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I wouldn't be shocked if a Nets/ Sixers trade happens at the deadline. Harden hasn't been playing well and he isn't interested in resigning. Morey has this weird fanaticism for Harden. 

Harden is playing exactly like he did in HOU when he clearly wanted out.  Some say he's outta shape.  I call bowl sh*t.  Don't take 40+ games to "get in shape".  What he's doing is shameful.

Edited by kg01