• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

Nate said that Trae, JC and Dre are the core. Makes you think the untouchable list just added two names.

Makes me think:

Kev, Gallo, Delon and Bogi are out there. 

Suppose he was told who he would have left for certain. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

Maybe a draft pick is attatched...

Kev/Delon for Hart/Los Angeles Laker 1st rounder. 

This actually seems like something that Travis would do.   I don't see how it helps us this year.. and I guess it would be a signal that this year is not that important.   But I guess it would help the cap in the future and set the table for resigning Hunter??

Hart doesn't shoot well from outside.  I guess Bogi would step up and Hart would be the second unit guy?

The pick could be nice if the Lakers slide. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Kev/Delon for Hart/Los Angeles Laker 1st rounder. 

This actually seems like something that Travis would do.   I don't see how it helps us this year.. and I guess it would be a signal that this year is not that important.   But I guess it would help the cap in the future and set the table for resigning Hunter??

Hart doesn't shoot well from outside.  I guess Bogi would step up and Hart would be the second unit guy?

The pick could be nice if the Lakers slide. 

That would give us 4 1st rdrs to potentially use in another trade...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Diesel said:

This actually seems like something that Travis would do.   I don't see how it helps us this year

These two sentences vividly illustrate, to me in February 2022, the term...

2022-02-06_06-11-11.png

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Feels like a lateral move to me.

If you like to look at numbers, Hart is the better overall asset, but with a sub-par 3 pt shot.

A lot of people adored KVon's defense last post season. If you're one who think that his defense will get to that level, now that the team has some relatively passable health, probably should prefer to hold on to him, and on a contract that many if not most believe to be team-friendly especially given the impending anticipated inflation of the market.

Not hard for me to believe that the GM is looking under every rock and trying to figure out some way to add back to the rotation a solid #2 SF... but it strains credulity that he's going to subtract one to add one, unless one somehow envisions Knox or TLC are supposed to have a rotation role for the balance of 2021-22.

Thus, I could eat these words... that goes without saying since I'm not Mr. Omniscient... but this Hart thing doesn't seem to have any rational legs to me.

• Like 2

Josh Hart is a good defender and great rebounder for a SF/SG. In that aspect he’s better then both Bogi and Huerter however offensively he isnt close to those two.

Now that cam is gone we do need a good backup wing defender we can insert into the lineup and Hart would be excellent but not at the expense of Huerter or Bogi.

Unless it’s contacting reasons I wouldn’t think you’d have to trade Bogi or KVon for Hart. Something else should work out better like sending Pelicans picks and a less important key player on our end…..I would think but I don’t know hart’s contract situation 

all in all hart would be a good addition on this team. To me this would be that small impactful trade I’ve been saying that still need to happen regardless if a big trade happens or not 

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Not hard for me to believe that the GM is looking under every rock and trying to figure out some way to add back to the rotation a solid #2 SF... but it strains credulity that he's going to subtract one to add one, unless one somehow envisions Knox or TLC are supposed to have a rotation role for the balance of 2021-22.

^... I think we are looking to add to the group.

Knox/Dieng/TLC and Charlotte 1st for Hart. (TlC added to stay under LT)

They have options with Hart's contract in the offseason. Depending on how the trio of Huerter, Bogi and Hart play to end the season, we'd have options with all 3 in the offseason. This limits Lou's time on the court unless he's hot.

Unless this is a strictly cost saving exercise for future money for the Hawks and won't guarantee Hart's contract next season...which really wouldn't make sense to me.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

^... I think we are looking to add to the group.

Knox/Dieng/TLC and Charlotte 1st for Hart. (TlC added to stay under LT)

They have options with Hart's contract in the offseason. Depending on how the trio of Huerter, Bogi and Hart play to end the season, we'd have options with all 3 in the offseason. This limits Lou's time on the court unless he's hot.

Unless this is a strictly cost saving exercise for future money for the Hawks and won't guarantee Hart's contract next season...which really wouldn't make sense to me.

I don’t think we can include Knox with others yet - can we? 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

The advantage of Hart is his deal isn't guaranteed which gives TS a lot more options and flexibility in the future.  Travis is trying hard to get another star/superstar level player here, so until that happens, I think he wants as much flexibility as possible.  I could see a scenario where Hart gets used in a big deal to salary match and the team acquiring him could waive if they needed to for space.  If Pels send us a pick, that could be used in a consolidation trade as well.  That's probably why a conversation even happened but I'm just throwing around ideas and I doubt Travis pulls the trigger without any follow-up in mind

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The advantage of Hart is his deal isn't guaranteed

But neither is TLC, Dieng nor Knox under contract for next season... so you're giving up a #1 CHO for what purpose again???

And considering the Windhorst rumor... didn't you just sign KVon to a contract you like?

The only contractual advantage would seem to be a deal involving BogBog, but count me with those who think BogBog's secure for this season... at minimum.

25 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I doubt Travis pulls the trigger without any follow-up in mind

Yes. Agreed. That's another possibility.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Knox/Dieng/TLC and Charlotte 1st for Hart.

It will be so so so interesting to see how TS plays this, given his pre-2020-21 season mention that he was feeling like (paraphrasing here) the success of 2020-21 MIA had demonstrated that a 3rd C really isn't all that important in the post season... and then, we saw him opt for not having a 3rd C at all for all that time until Big2O got back.

And/but many Hawks fans' biggest criticism last post-season around these parts was that we weren't big enough to stay with MIL, and needed to do something about that.

Me, personally, I just like the idea that you've got someone on the bench who can play a Hanson brother (ie, goon) role as necessary. Dieng's not shied away from asserting himself. But I'm also keeping my eye on what happens with Thad Young this week... what a super acquisition he would be if we could somehow bring him on after a buyout.

• Thanks 1