• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Who-Dey-Hawks at Trivial-Blazers

lethalweapon3

Trae is up to 2nd in the league in scoring with 28.4 ppg after tonight's performance.

Curry laid a stinker with 9 points in a win against Miami. That's right. 3-17 shooting for 9 points and his team still won by 7.

If Trae had scored only 9 points we would have lost 136-84. Let that sink in for a second.

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

What isnt true?

We don't need perimeter defense at every position when Trae is playing.  That's hyperboyle.   We get back Hunter & JC.  We get Bogi.. We put Kev ass back on the Bench and Gallo too and we will solve some of these problems.   bench wise .. i'm concerned. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

You still holding out hope on Hunter and Cam? I just hope they can string a few games together without getting hurt at this point..

We can be negative about everybody.   None of their issues is chronic so Yeah.  We don't have Marcus Cambies.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why give black hole Gallo 35 min and OO only 16? Some God awful coaching in the game.  

OO had a bad bout with COVID so I'm assuming his minutes were limited based on what Prunty said prior to the game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I know they wont' do it but God I would kill to have Caruso on this team. He's exactly what we need as a backup point that could also play with Trae. 

I am tired of getting so angry after almost every game we play. Our offense is A+. Seriously. This Hawks team right now is the best offensive Hawks team I have ever seen. And it is also the worst Hawks defensive team I have ever seen. 

We need to move some of the dead weight out of the roster. The only way to keep Nate from playing some of these scrubs is to trade them or release them. I can't take more Lou and Gallo going iso and failing to score and most importantly not playing any defense. TLC is terrible. I wish we would have kept Lance over him. 

That consolidation trade that NBA social media and bloggers have been yammering about for two years needs to happen. We need to get some f***ing defense on this team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae is up to 2nd in the league in scoring with 28.4 ppg after tonight's performance.

Curry laid a stinker with 9 points in a win against Miami. That's right. 3-17 shooting for 9 points and his team still won by 7.

If Trae had scored only 9 points we would have lost 136-84. Let that sink in for a second.

Hawks need to go on a run.. Trae would get some ALL NBA votes.. But IDK amymore man.. We're losing games to ANYBODY...

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Also it's puzzling to me why our interior defense is so horrid this year compared to last year. You look at Capella's numbers and he hasn't fallen off so much, but his impact defensively seems like it's nothing at all. 

1.  JC and Capella hasn't played that many games together. 

2.  Our SF rotation hasn't been consistent. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

He's also #1 in the NBA ahead of Jokic and Steph in offensive RAPTOR. We gotta figure this thing out because this may end up being one of Trae's best seasons of his life. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I know they wont' do it but God I would kill to have Caruso on this team. He's exactly what we need as a backup point that could also play with Trae. 

I am tired of getting so angry after almost every game we play. Our offense is A+. Seriously. This Hawks team right now is the best offensive Hawks team I have ever seen. And it is also the worst Hawks defensive team I have ever seen. 

We need to move some of the dead weight out of the roster. The only way to keep Nate from playing some of these scrubs is to trade them or release them. I can't take more Lou and Gallo going iso and failing to score and most importantly not playing any defense. TLC is terrible. I wish we would have kept Lance over him. 

That consolidation trade that NBA social media and bloggers have been yammering about for two years needs to happen. We need to get some f***ing defense on this team.

If there was a trade that could get us Caruso, I would be on board with it.  I agree. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Also it's puzzling to me why our interior defense is so horrid this year compared to last year. You look at Capella's numbers and he hasn't fallen off so much, but his impact defensively seems like it's nothing at all. 

Because our perimeter defense offers ZERO resistance on the perimeter, it starts there. guys aren't fighting thru screens and are calling for switches which pulls Capela from the paint. Lazy defense. Play your man first, look for help second.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Bad defensive teams don't win in the NBA. It's just a fact.  

You usually need both a top 5 offense and defense to win a championship. Either that or the top offense and a top 10 defense. But if your D is not top 10 you aren't getting out of the second round probably. 

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm not even mad . . . I'm more sad than mad.

First time all year being really disappointed in the outcome.

To me, this is worse than the Houston and Orlando losses.

They're all bad....It's time to consolidate some of this dead weight on the team...............

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

The big problem with this team is that our wings are not tough.  They don't rebound.  They don't force turnovers.  And they can't slow down people.

Getting Dre back will help, because he is a good on the ball defender.  But he doesn't rebound either.

I mean the G-Leaguers played with more effort and toughness than these guys tonight.

• Like 4