• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't really understand playing TLC so many minutes.  I understand we're in "win now" mode and trying to get the best seed possible, but I don't know how TLC is helping us towards that goal.  Cam is already just as good and has upside he might start working towards if he can get more minutes.  TLC is more consistent than Cam -- consistently below average -- but Cam's average night is better and he can be consistently GOOD if we work towards that.

Using the designation "starter" as some motivator for guys to work towards is an old and bad strategy.  Not everyone is extrinsically motivated and not everyone is motivated by the obvious ill-placed carrot you place in front of them.  We should be doing what makes sense and guys will be understanding.

Nate's philosophy is about keeping players in their roles. Yanking Cam in and out of the starting lineup may hinder his development is probably Nate's thinking.

Now Saying that, I think Cam should be getting more minutes than TLC.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Nate's philosophy is about keeping players in their roles. Yanking Cam in and out of the starting lineup may hinder his development is probably Nate's thinking.

Now Saying that, I think Cam should be getting more minutes than TLC.

...and I get the 'keep in same role' bench sentiment, it's the minutes distribution that is a MAJOR headscratcher.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Has there been any talk of Cam being on a minutes restriction since coming back?  That is the only real explanation I can offer.  Nate trusted Cam to play major minutes in the playoffs.  Not sure why he wouldn't give him the same run with TLC as the main alternative unless Cam is still working his way back to full-time play.  (That applies coming off the bench or starting).

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, AHF said:

Has there been any talk of Cam being on a minutes restriction since coming back?  That is the only real explanation I can offer.  Nate trusted Cam to play major minutes in the playoffs.  Not sure why he wouldn't give him the same run with TLC as the main alternative unless Cam is still working his way back to full-time play.  (That applies coming off the bench or starting).

3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Maybe Cam is on a minutes restriction?  

He was for the first game back. After that Nate specifically noted he had no minutes restrictions.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Cam should be starting.  that's become obvious.  But even if he doesn't start there is no reason TLC should be getting more minutes than Cam.   

I've been good with what Nate has done for the most part but TLC playing 20-25 minutes has to stop.  

It doesn't really matter who starts, it's who gets the most minutes and who is gonna be in the closing lineups for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

It doesn't really matter who starts, it's who gets the most minutes and who is gonna be in the closing lineups for me.

No it matters!  You want your best playing against the other team's best.  TLC should not be playing against anyone's best.  Dude is garbage!

Also Huerter should not bet the starting defensive stopper given the responsibility of guarding the point of attack.

• Premium Member

The Magic game was the first complete game I have seen from him in his entire career including college. His patience was great when driving to the basket, he had confidence in his jump shot, his physical strength was there, he had an aggressive mindset, and he had an array of moves. He is ready.  I would really love to see a starting line up of:

Trae

Cam

Dre

JBap

CC

that is our path to a championship if we are going to win one with this team. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

The Magic game was the first complete game I have seen from him in his entire career including college. His patience was great when driving to the basket, he had confidence in his jump shot, his physical strength was there, he had an aggressive mindset, and he had an array of moves. He is ready.  I would really love to see a starting line up of:

Trae

Cam

Dre

JBap

CC

that is our path to a championship if we are going to win one with this team. 

I didn't think his defense was good yesterday. He had moments but he reached too much yesterday, and he didn't fight through screens like he needs to. Cam is an extremely talented defender but he cuts corners way too much which lower his defensive proficiency. He has all of the tools to be the next Danny Green but he just has to take every possession seriously. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• lethalweapon3 changed the title to You want to irk the bejesus outta of me
  • Moderators
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

a stupid ass trade where the Hawks get utterly raped

You just described every trade discussion by writers from other teams.  Where Cam comes in is that he is someone that intrigues others and his ups and downs make them think he might could be had for a song.  So just ignore the content and register that Cam's talent is recognized and desired by another fan base.  Once they get to formulating hypothetical trades, the Hawks always get abused in those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Cam is a player you're either patient with or you include in a package for a star.

This is my take right here. I can wait patiently for Cam.. but if LAC is will to do Cam/Hunter/Gallo for PG13.. I'm up for it.