• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm getting ready for Ben Simmons on the Hawks.

Diesel

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it would cost more than 1 st for OKC to take on Harris' next 2 years at $37 and $39 million.

Yeah maybe.  I just remember when our best player was #00 Cap Space, we often would have loved to trade him for a starting player who could give you 20 points and a 1st round pick.  OKC gives up nothing.  So it comes down to what other options they have for that space as to whether or not they would consider it.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks were taking on guys with $17 million dollar expiring contracts for one 1st rounder. Harris is +$20 mil and 2 years.

We also have rookie scale guys who are expendable.  It seems to me that this could really get done.....i'm still not sure it makes us any better though.  It sure is interesting to think about.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

I just don't see how you win close games with Simmons and Capela on the floor, they are both terrible free throw shooters.  Draymond is a career 70% FT.  Means we are going to have to sit 1 or both in crunchtime which is a huge liability.  Simmons has a max deal so we won't be able to do much else if we trade for him.

That can be done. 

The point is that we'll be in most games if not dominating most game because of strong defense and versatile offense.  However, if we are in a dogfight and it's getting down to the end of the 4th... 

we can sit both Cap and Simmons and play OO and Huerter or whoever else we want to bring in.  This is why you have depth. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Knox to Houston.

Gallo, Bogi, and Augustin to LAL

Westbrook, 1st (ATL ) to Philly. 

Simmons to us. 

Klutch Sports...

Look at it from Philly's side.   Doc knows he can coach Westrbook.  Westbrook + Embiid might be hard to beat. 

Wow. That might actually work. All teams win in that scenario. Are you on Rich Paul’s payroll?  

Supes Podcast: Cam Reddish Trade

1. Cam Reddish Thoughts

2. Kevin Knox Thoughts

3. Overall Trade Thoughts

4. Potential Ben Simmons trade? 

5. Potential Ben Simmons fit? 

6. Potential fit for PHI with Collins and Hunter? 

7. Will the Hawks improve? 

8. If so, how much and can we end up potentially losing both deals? 

https://vocaroo.com/1joFtz69TSCM

• Like 1

Circling back to the idea that the Kings actually made Haliburton available for the right price.  I think we are really missing a SG who can play some defense, help with playmaking, and also hit open shots.  Depending on the framework of a deal it could maybe make more sense than a Simmons deal that guts the team.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, txsting said:

Circling back to the idea that the Kings actually made Haliburton available for the right price.  I think we are really missing a SG who can play some defense, help with playmaking, and also hit open shots.  Depending on the framework of a deal it could maybe make more sense than a Simmons deal that guts the team.  

Hali doesn't move the needle. Simmons does. We automatically go from the worst defense to an average/above average defense with Simmons. Nate can also stagger the minutes so Simmons is the PG for the second team which will give us consistent offense throughout the entirety of the game. Trae will get tons of spot up opportunities with Simmons. Bogi was suppose to do that before he got hurt.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Hali doesn't move the needle. Simmons does. We automatically go from the worst defense to an average/above average defense with Simmons. Nate can also stagger the minutes so Simmons is the PG for the second team which will give us consistent offense throughout the entirety of the game. Trae will get tons of spot up opportunities with Simmons. Bogi was suppose to do that before he got hurt.

I'm warming up to Simmons.  He solves two big problems for us.  The problem with Capela and Simmons on the court means there are two guys who can only score inside of 10 feet.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I'm warming up to Simmons.  He solves two big problems for us.  The problem with Capela and Simmons on the court means there are two guys who can only score inside of 10 feet.  

It can work but would require an adjustment period.  We'd need to be a very good rebounding team which I believe we would be with Capela/Simmons/JC.  We'd have a lot of PnR options for trae as well and could run Simmons/JC and Simmons/Capela PnRs too.  I think it could definitely work but we'd need buy-in and practice -- wouldnt expect to make any splashes until next year

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It can work but would require an adjustment period.  We'd need to be a very good rebounding team which I believe we would be with Capela/Simmons/JC.  We'd have a lot of PnR options for trae as well and could run Simmons/JC and Simmons/Capela PnRs too.  I think it could definitely work but we'd need buy-in and practice -- wouldnt expect to make any splashes until next year

I think if we get Simmons JC is gone, but that would be best case scenario to land Simmons and keep JC.