• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Im here every game.. Stop it...I critisize every player but for some reason Trae seems to be off limits around here.. Just sad..

I didn't say you weren't here. I said it's crickets when he plays well and crying on the rare occasion he sucks. He's a superstar and you refuse to acknowledge it. Sad.

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I didn't say you weren't here. I said it's crickets when he plays well and crying on the rare occasion he sucks. He's a superstar and you refuse to acknowledge it. Sad.

No its not crickets from me when he plays well.. Rare occasion? lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I appreciate JC for hitting the FT that took us into overtime. 

Some idiot would think it's easy to come off a layoff, have no FTs the whole game, and to step up and hit two free throws with the pressure of the game on you...  It's not that easy when you haven't had the chance to find your rhythm...

• Premium Member

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Some idiot would think it's easy to come off a layoff, have no FTs the whole game, and to step up and hit two free throws with the pressure of the game on you...  It's not that easy when you haven't had the chance to find your rhythm...

That was also his first FTA all game. It sucks he missed it, but it wasn't unexpected. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah.. after watching the compilation, Trae didn't take a lot of unusual shots.   Most of the shots are shots that we have seen him hit before.  It's just that tonight they were not going down.   Bagley gave them a lot more than Stewart did.  So it wasn't just the size that was a problem.  It was also defensive ability.  If they would have stayed with Stewart, Trae would have  gone for 30. 

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

He's a top 5 offensive player in the NBA this year, so yeah, rare occasion. 

The Hawks are better off with Trae not playing at all than Trae playing poorly. Thats the problem..  There is no in between with Trae.. Hes either really great or damn near unplayable..

He's had games of 6/15, 6/17, 9/26, 3/17, 5/20, 6/22 over the last month. Hawks are 1-5 in those games.

And you got people on here saying he should be in the MVP conversation.. Just delusional shit....

If he can't bring it every game for whatever reason Nate needs to sit his ass down.

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

If Trae puts up a dud, nobody really steps up to take over the scoring.

They try. We had 5 other guys in double figures and scored 110 pts. But without Trae scoring, it's a real struggle. And that's WITH Trae dishing out 12 dimes. 

What I wanna know is how do you start 3-3 with 4 dimes and llok like you can get whatever you what and then go 2-17 with a couple of bricked FTs? 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Facts but did you see the energy after we tied the game up? Man I'm sitting in my townhouse and the neighbors hear me clapping and saying hell yea and called to see if I was ok. But these mfs? Poutin

There’s a lot wrong with this team obviously, but the gap between Trae’s (33%) and John’s (20%) usage is too wide for one.  Gotta take a little better advantage of his effective field shooting (which is much higher than Traes) and ability to offensive rebound his own misses.

I hate OO will likely drop below a .200 WS/48 with tonight’s performance but he’ll be back above.  Delon has climbed to 3rd overall in defensive plays per foul though as he maintains a sparkling 100 possession rating of 122 to 113.  For my money they have been our two most consistent guys.  And Trae is gonna be making twice what they make combined next year.  Awesome.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

If he can't bring it every game for whatever reason he needs to sit his ass down.

Ridiculous notion....no player 'brings it EVERY game'. That's just unrealistic in real life and on the court.

When he has a bad game nobody else steps up and takes control and lead. Neither coach nor player.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yeah.. after watching the compilation, Trae didn't take a lot of unusual shots.   Most of the shots are shots that we have seen him hit before.  It's just that tonight they were not going down.   Bagley gave them a lot more than Stewart did.  So it wasn't just the size that was a problem.  It was also defensive ability.  If they would have stayed with Stewart, Trae would have  gone for 30. 

I only saw 1 floater, and at least 4 - 5 layups in which he is off balance, or jumping off the wrong foot.

Pistons played great defense on him though.

• Like 1