• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: heat at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

For pride's sake I hope we at least score 80 points tonight. 

Imagine playing JC, Huerter,  Dre, and CC together and expecting to be good at scoring...

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

State Farm is a front running crowd no doubt.  Solid home crowds chant “DEFENSE” when their team is down big to help string stops together.  You can hear a pin drop in that mug 

That's how it was on Friday night.  But the team also have to give the crowd something to cheer for.

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No one has said that Trae has had a good postseason.  He was crap in Game 1.  He was crap with the turnovers in Game 2.  He was damn good all around in Game 3.  And he's playing hurt in Game 4.

But he's a competitor, so he's not going to ask to be taken out of the game. He's going to keep pushing through.

He shot like shit last season in the Playoffs too, but I didnt hear a word...It was all about how he owned NY for making a floater.. Huerter of all people saved us vs Philly.. Trae was horrible in game 7.. 

I'd like to write this year's performance off to the fact that we don't have a second "star" to help weather offensive lulls, but Miami has Jimmy Butler, then a drop off of sorts to Bam, then a bunch of role players (who play their roles fairly consistently).
They just play better defense, are better coached, and hustle more.  

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I usually ain't one to blame coaching if I feel the players aren't executing and the plan looks good but man, Nate gotta adjust his plan based on what Miami is doing

Nate you say??? He is unimaginative.

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Lack of offensive creativity really coming to a head in this game.

It's Nate.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Trae wasn't good outside of the last two to three minutes of game 3. 

This has been an awful playoff for Trae. But I will say. When a team sells out to defend the perimeter. The bigs should have easy mismatches and easy points. I know JC is 60% but everyone else should work. Gallo in particular but he gets cooked so bad on D. Ugh!

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

This is the downside of a heliocentric offense. 

To a degree. But why doesn’t CC and OO take advantage of a small front line? How is JC not posting guys up? How is Gallo letting Vincent bully him out of the post. Kevin forget how to shoot? Dre forget to dribble? 

it’s not a heliocentric offense that is the problem. It’s a poorly constructed team.

every other heliocentric offense is successful when there is another option that can alleviate the pressure when teams sell out on something. We don’t have it. Nate doesn’t help at all. 

• Thanks 1

NFL Draft is Thursday.....Give me something to get excited about Falcons... smh. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Trae wasn't good outside of the last two to three minutes of game 3. 

This has been an awful playoff for Trae. But I will say. When a team sells out to defend the perimeter. The bigs should have easy mismatches and easy points. I know JC is 60% but everyone else should work. Gallo in particular but he gets cooked so bad on D. Ugh!

And he wasnt "bored" either.. smh

Just now, h4wkfan said:

To a degree. But why doesn’t CC and OO take advantage of a small front line? How is JC not posting guys up? How is Gallo letting Vincent bully him out of the post. Kevin forget how to shoot? Dre forget to dribble? 

it’s not a heliocentric offense that is the problem. It’s a poorly constructed team.

every other heliocentric offense is successful when there is another option that can alleviate the pressure when teams sell out on something. We don’t have it. Nate doesn’t help at all. 

That's why I continue to say bigs are our biggest issue to upgrade.