• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lukastans are biting at the bit to take a shot at Trae

NBASupes

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:
  • Having fun is good, we like fun. There are several general forums for non-Hawks related topics. Please keep it positive and polite. We do not censor opinions or ideas on our forums but we do take action against posts and/or topics that could cause unrest in the community beyond a civil and polite disagreement.
  • You may not make personal attacks on other users or staff members either in public forums or private messages.

~lw3

This is the reason a lot of posts were removed.  Instead of commenting on the basketball game, they were focusing on the intelligence, etc. of other posters.

Talk about basketball; don't bash your fellow posters.  This isn't rocket science.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I don't get how Luka's team winning has anything to do with Trae's ability?

Some people act like Trae is not 28.4/9.7?

To hear comments like Trae is a bust and then this arbitrary wins stat...

Giz Louise.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't get how Luka's team winning has anything to do with Trae's ability?

Some people act like Trae is not 28.4/9.7?

To hear comments like Trae is a bust and then this arbitrary wins stat...

Giz Louise.

Trae is not on Luka level or even close. Luka is better. Better scorer, better passer when it matters due to his size and height, and miles better defensively when it matters. Trae is a jitterbug while Luka is salsa. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Damn...

He ain't no max cat. He don't have that fire man. He just be out there. Hunter does that shit too but ain't no one looking to pay Hunter even Kevin money much less JCs. 

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Hopefully he can live up to that contract.. He's gonna be highly paid starting next season.. No excuses...And Im not just talking about individual numbers.. No more bad starts to the season... Under .500 BS.... Travis better make it happen...

I just don't see how Schlenk is going to do it.

Most evidence points to him being inept. He has already failed.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

ATL team owners need stop worrying about image, end of the day draft the best player.  Ppl will come out no matter what race they are, but here we are atleast 4 times now we have done this, which ever way the wind blows they draft based on.  

Edited by hylndr11
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

ATL team owners need stop worrying about image, end of the day draft the best player.  Ppl will come out no matter what race they are, but here we are atleast 4 times now we have done this, which ever way the wind blows they draft based on.  

I never understood this race thing in terms of Luka and Trae. For football at QB, maybe but not NBA stars. Luka would have been a HR draft pick

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

If we told you Trae Young, would lead the Hawks to the eastern conference finals in his 3rd year, be all NBA 3rd team in his 4th year and quite frankly should have been in 2nd and 3rd, and lead the league in total points and assists on 60% true shooting on draft night, would you draft him? Wouldn't you consider him the best player in the draft?  It's just that Luka's fantastic and Trae's fantastic.  Some will say Luka's better because of his size and yadda yadda yadda.  Any other trade it would be a huge loss, but Trae is in the conversation with Luka and had a better regular season.  He's improved every year he's been in the league. 

Atlanta got a great player and Dallas got a great player.  Half the people in this thread were singing Trae's praises during the ECF run, but now he's chop liver when he's literally the most efficient high usage guard in the league. 

• Like 4

It should never be done at this level, these athletes are super rare individuals at this level statistical athletic difference s.dont work. If the player is good and wins everyone will come out.  Ppl don't come out becsuse.these franchises have gone to the playoffs so many times and never won a ship

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I never understood this race thing in terms of Luka and Trae. For football at QB, maybe but not NBA stars. Luka would have been a HR draft pick

Travis said he had Luka and Trae in the same tier of players and getting the draft pick was essentially what sealed the deal. 

No one saw Trae or Luka being this good, but you guys act like Trae's a piece of crap from the post I've seen.  Recency bias is a real thing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

If we told you Trae Young, would lead the Hawks to the eastern conference finals in his 3rd year, be all NBA 3rd team in his 4th year and quite frankly should have been in 2nd and 3rd, and lead the league in total points and assists on 60% true shooting on draft night, would you draft him? Wouldn't you consider him the best player in the draft?  It's just that Luka's fantastic and Trae's fantastic.  Some will say Luka's better because of his size and yadda yadda yadda.  Any other trade it would be a huge loss, but Trae is in the conversation with Luka and had a better regular season.  He's improved every year he's been in the league. 

Atlanta got a great player and Dallas got a great player.  Half the people in this thread were singing Trae's praises during the ECF run, but now he's chop liver when he's literally the most efficient high usage guard in the league. 

I've already said I'd make the trade again several times now, that wasn't the point

Just now, hylndr11 said:

I've already said I'd make the trade again several times now, that wasn't the point

Atlanta's management didn't make the trade because of culture fit.  Travis said he did it to get the extra draft pick to help with the rebuild. 

The culture narrative was never said by anyone in management.  There were rumors Luka didn't want to come to Atlanta.  The media stirred up the culture fit narrative.

Just now, marco102 said:

Atlanta's management didn't make the trade because of culture fit.  Travis said he did it to get the extra draft pick to help with the rebuild. 

The culture narrative was never said by anyone in management.  There were rumors Luka didn't want to come to Atlanta.  The media stirred up the culture fit narrative.

The reason I brought it up was because it was mentioned here by a bunch of posters some being with a source, so to speak , I'm not debating whether it was actually true because nobody is really ever gonna know to begin with, be that as it may doesn't change the fact we drafted.the guy.  If you think this is annoying now, if he keeps winning and we are stuck not being able to get going with Trae just get ready 

2 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

The reason I brought it up was because it was mentioned here by a bunch of posters some being with a source, so to speak , I'm not debating whether it was actually true because nobody is really ever gonna know to begin with, be that as it may doesn't change the fact we drafted.the guy.  If you think this is annoying now, if he keeps winning and we are stuck not being able to get going with Trae just get ready 

It's not annoying to me, Trae got to the ECF last year and played fantastic.  Luka got there this year.  Some people are reactionary and call our run a fluke, but will give Luka and his misfits full credit for their current run.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

This isn't rocket science.

Also isn’t rocket science to see there are folks in here from other lands and they are trying to drive an agenda. That’s fine though, like I said, if you know you know and don’t take those mfckers seriously anyways, I never do for one.

• Like 1

The better Luka plays the more mad I get at Travis.

There is no justifying the trade... Not for some future pick that isn't even going to make any real difference.

Travis failed. It's just that simple.

Travis still being the GM makes it questionable as to how serious the Hawks about winning.

The only way Travis gets to live this down is if he builds a championship team. Nothing short of that cuts it.

Edited by Plainview1981

4 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

The better Luka plays the more mad I get at Travis.

There is no justifying the trade... Not for some future pick that isn't even going to make any real difference.

Travis failed. It's just that simple.

Travis still being the GM makes it questionable as to how serious the Hawks about winning.

The only way Travis gets to live this down is if he builds a championship team. Nothing short of that cuts it.

Did you think Travis was a failure last year?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1