• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lukastans are biting at the bit to take a shot at Trae

NBASupes

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I want to apologize to the statement I made on our fans. I guess Hawks Twitter and Reddit irked me too much and I said some disparaging things about the collective. Its wasn't a total knock to you guys, you guys are a lot smarter than them.

I am just going to he honest. 

I don't see how Mitchell and Trae will work. Defense is too awful and there is only one ball. Someone will be just there standing. I dont see how that's a formula to winning.

I also don't like Ayton floor which is my biggest issue with him. I do believe he has upside, especially in a system that would spam him like ours. That said, his floor is low like Trae's. I rather a Gobert who might not have the two way upside of Ayton or age on his side but he's extremely consistent and his floor is exceptionally high. 

When I hear fans truly think we need creators more than better bigs, I listen to them like how? Do you watch us? I guess not. 

We don't really use our guards and wings like that outside of small roles like Dallas does outside of Brunson, Dinwiddie, and Luka. 

We use our bigs a lot more than most teams which is why JC is our leaders in touches outside of Trae and Capela gets the most involved actions of any of our players. If we just upgrade our most key used positions, we would technically have all of the upgrades needed.

Thanks and this makes sense. I still rather have Ayton but I’m not mad at Gobert possibility (respectfully).

Also I don’t think we need another creator as much as we need a guy who can put the ball in the basket but it just happens to work better with a Big for Trae.

I like Aytons ability to be a really good scorer with Trae. TO ME if we can keep collins and Ayton that eases the offensive pressure off of the wings. Trae with two good scoring bigs in different ways would be huge! 
Then getting a defensive minded starting SG like Bruce Brown in free agency would be a great pick.

At this point I am all for putting defensive minded players around Trae no matter we get Ayton or Gobert. There’s always hope that Hunter will come into his own as a scorer.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I got no issue with going full DellavaDleaugue out there, baybeee.

I got the speed advantage on you, supes.  Plus a pocket full o' sand to toss in your eyes and a sock full o' nickels after that.

You might wear me down, but you gonna have to get through a hellified first couple rounds to do it, m' friend.

Disclaimer (apparently needed): These are jokes.  Don't be going out there tryna fight each other, squawkers.   But, if you do, I highly recommend the pocket full o' sand. 😇

Lol

17 minutes ago, JTB said:

Thanks and this makes sense. I still rather have Ayton but I’m not mad at Gobert possibility (respectfully).

Also I don’t think we need another creator as much as we need a guy who can put the ball in the basket but it just happens to work better with a Big for Trae.

I like Aytons ability to be a really good scorer with Trae. TO ME if we can keep collins and Ayton that eases the offensive pressure off of the wings. Trae with two good scoring bigs in different ways would be huge! 
Then getting a defensive minded starting SG like Bruce Brown in free agency would be a great pick.

At this point I am all for putting defensive minded players around Trae no matter we get Ayton or Gobert. There’s always hope that Hunter will come into his own as a scorer.

Ayton does well with size with no speed but struggles with speed. Not sure that's a good fix in the east with JC at the 4

I can’t overreact to anything in the playoffs.  Sh@t happens, my favorite team to watch got swept last season in the first round with no excuses.  Then they gentlemen swept my other team that looked to be starting a serious contending run.  Hindsight is always 20/20, I have no different opinion of anyone involved in that Mavs vs Suns series except Kidd.  

But I do think we are seeing an even wider gulf between what can be expected in the playoffs as opposed to the regular season based on matchups and sheer chance.  The worst teams in the league are extremely poor now and even good teams play shoddy defense (Harry the Hawk raises hand) so they skew what we think we know a great deal.  

The Mavs were a below average three point shooting team for 82 games.  All of a sudden in their most important 13 game stretch they’re attempting as many as the league-leading Jazz at 41 and converting at a rate that would’ve been better than the league-leading heat at .385.  Sh*ts crazy.

Grant Williams attempting 17 threes?!?!  That’s more improbable than him making 8!

And damn @NBASupes you’re 1989 4-3 Middle Linebacker sized.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The defense issue with Trae/Mitchell is real but I don't buy the 'one ball' complaint.   I feel like that was the word on Luka/Brunson but they are doing pretty well.  

Luka and Brunson play off the ball better than Trae and Mitchell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Luka and Brunson play off the ball better than Trae and Mitchell. 

Luka does?  I feel like Mitchell plays off the ball more than any of the 4 or at least as much as Brunson.  But I'll admit I'm no expert on this subject.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I want to apologize to the statement I made on our fans. I guess Hawks Twitter and Reddit irked me too much and I said some disparaging things about the collective. Its wasn't a total knock to you guys, you guys are a lot smarter than them.

I am just going to he honest. 

I don't see how Mitchell and Trae will work. Defense is too awful and there is only one ball. Someone will be just there standing. I dont see how that's a formula to winning.

I also don't like Ayton floor which is my biggest issue with him. I do believe he has upside, especially in a system that would spam him like ours. That said, his floor is low like Trae's. I rather a Gobert who might not have the two way upside of Ayton or age on his side but he's extremely consistent and his floor is exceptionally high. 

When I hear fans truly think we need creators more than better bigs, I listen to them like how? Do you watch us? I guess not. 

We don't really use our guards and wings like that outside of small roles like Dallas does outside of Brunson, Dinwiddie, and Luka. 

We use our bigs a lot more than most teams which is why JC is our leaders in touches outside of Trae and Capela gets the most involved actions of any of our players. If we just upgrade our most key used positions, we would technically have all of the upgrades needed.

We need both...lol

Cause if those bigs are sucking you'll need a guy outside of Trae to pull attention away from him or get his on shot sense Nate's system isn't that creative. 

I've never been opposed to Gobert the player. I'm opposed to his contract.  You can't use one bad game for Ayton and say AH HA! Look he sucks.  We need two way players throughout this roster.  That's the main problem with it.

To give @Peoriabird a nod.  If some of our players come back improved, we may have what we need as far as creators and maybe need to upgrade the center position.  The reason I like Ayton is he has two way potential and is young and fits our timeline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Ayton does well with size with no speed but struggles with speed. Not sure that's a good fix in the east with JC at the 4

We have OO for smaller speedy 5s. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Luka does?  I feel like Mitchell plays off the ball more than any of the 4 or at least as much as Brunson.  But I'll admit I'm no expert on this subject.  

Luka doesn’t do enough off the ball but he helps some.  Screens aren’t great for his size but they’re effective enough.  Doesn’t cut at all but his post up draws attention and fouls enough to offset it somewhat.     It’s crazy because huge, poorly shaped Jokic cuts a lot.  He is always cognizant of good spacing though so he properly moves into the creases and crevices where his big ass needs to be.

I’m no Kerr fan but I’m guessing he’ll try to exploit his mediocre off ball play more than Williams did.  You gotta force the ball out of his hands and live with the results of his teammates jacking threes.  I don’t trust anyone on his team to create a play after being chased off the three point line outside of Brunson.  Dinwiddie pure tunnel vision looking for a pull up or floater.

I don’t know Gary Payton Jr status but the Warriors sorely need him to press all three of their handlers backcourt.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Luka doesn’t do enough off the ball but he helps some.  Screens aren’t great for his size but they’re effective enough.  Doesn’t cut at all but his post up draws attention and fouls enough to offset it somewhat.    He is always cognizant of good spacing though so he properly moves into the creases and crevices where his big ass needs to be.

I’m no Kerr fan but I’m guessing he’ll try to exploit his mediocre off ball play more than Williams did.  You gotta force the ball out of his hands and live with the results of his teammates jacking threes.  I don’t trust anyone on his team to create a play after being chased off the three point line outside of Brunson.  Dinwiddie pure tunnel vision looking for a pull up or floater.

I don’t know Gary Payton Jr status but the Warriors sorely need him to press all three of their handlers backcourt.

Great post

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bro, I box and been boxing for 20 plus years and I am 6'4 260. Unless Kg is Tyson Fury size, or a golden gloves or amateur/pro. I like my chances

We need you to go play for the Falcons.

• Haha 1