• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Evan Fournier - I’m not sure that I like this as a trade target unless his contract is cheaper than either  Bogi or Huerters….then and only then I’d consider it a good target.

Evan has 2 guaranteed years left at $18, $18.8. His final year is a team option at $19. If this deals happens, it's NYK wanting to dump the last guaranteed year of Fournier for Gallo's expiring which means we should be getting a small asset in the deal.  In this scenario, Bogi will have to be on the move, Fournier takes his spot off the bench.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Indy: Malcolm Brogdon. He has been a target for awhile but Atlanta wants more creation off the bench. I do not believe they see him as a starter but they do see him as a very good player who’s tremendous off the bench similar to how Milwaukee used him. From what I’ve been told, Indy wants to move him at all cost to start the Haliburton era but they are seeking a 1st. I am told, it’s unlikely unless they are willing to take on bad contracts. Atlanta is offering Gallo and multiple 2nds.

I'd be ok with this scenario only. We don't have bad contracts to send back to worth it including a 2nd. Brogdon has 3 years left on his deal and considering age and injuries, I wouldn't want to offer much more.

• Like 1

Houston: Nothing

I wanna make calls on Wood 🪵. Wood is good. 

Thunder: Nothing so far other than Gallo talks during or after the draft before the new year. Atlanta is looking at a TPE type deal.

Screw Lavine, SGA should be the target for us.

Jazz: Atlanta and Utah have worked out a framework agreement with Rudy Gobert. I am told it’s going to be a future 1st round (protected but real pick), Clint Capela, and De’Andre Hunter deal. I think it might include a gleaguer non-guarantee contract from another team player in the trade to make it financially complete.

No surprise your guy Gobert would be the hottest rumor. Lol. It fits your agenda but more than that, I really feel it meets our needs as a team, call me crazy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He is hearing whispers (NOT from GS side) that they are open to trading Klay Thompson this offseason and not for a lot. This might be something Atlanta needs to look into.

No, this is incorrect.

Atlanta does a SnT for Sexton with Bogi although CLE is pushing for Kevin.

No

Atlanta does a double SnT for LaVine with Delon and JC. Serious future draft considerations will be included.

No

Atlanta does a trade with Utah for Gobert with Capela and Hunter as well as a future 1st.

Yes

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

if you tryin to woo kg he’s in!

Supes knows how to scratch my itch, don't he?

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I wanna make calls on Wood 🪵. Wood is good. 

Nope.  Guy's been on about 8 teams in 6 years despite always being productive.  There's a problem there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve come around to be accepting of a possible gobert trade. But 0 interest at the expense of Hunter. I’d rather give Kevin plus the charlotte pick instead of him. 

and no thanks to sexton. Hes gonna play 30 minutes a night. Trae is gonna play 34. So for 1/3 of the game our backcourt is trae + sexton? 🤮 

Gallo and 2nds for. Rogdon is fine too. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He just signed an extension so not sure he'll be available in the offseason.

Facts! I do not have the most up to date FA targets. These targets I got before we got eliminated by the Heat. That's why I said, I have nothing on Oladipo because I have nothing recent on that front. I have the up to date trade targets. 

@thecampster or @Sothron would be your best bets on that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That Ayton news is disappointing. 

Seems like the Suns would want Capela in return to stay competitive, but what cap space does Charlotte have to take on the dead weight from Phx? 

This one seems a little implausable to me.

Probably my Ayton Bias.

I also think it's crazy to give up JC in a trade for Zach Lavine.  Why would you do that in a sign and trade?  The Bulls either get nothing or you do the sign and trade.  That's the deal I'd send Bogi out in. 

We don't want to make our front court weaker.

From the Suns, there is internal strife I was going to talk about in the around the league. There are players and coaches who want to keep him but management is not as high on him especially for the max. 

I am told they would like to get a center that's much cheaper like Wendell Carter Jr or Mo Bamba. But CP3 and Bridges want Ayton back. That's a team that is in flux. 

Atlanta has a good framework deal, it's the willingness to take on Shamet and Payne and give good prospects up is why Charlotte is ahead. They want him just as bad as Atlanta, they just got more to offer with the willingness to take on bad contracts. Something Travis isn't willing to do.

The Hawks don't have cap space but you are right, generally these SnTs are not deals where top 50-60 players get traded. Usually its non top 100 role players at best and draft picks. Bogi types.

It take something to get something in this league. 

Just now, yungsta said:

No interest in giving up that much so we can have the opportunity to pay Gobert 40m per year in his 30's over the next several years only to see him blow layups.

In this era of 5 out offense. No rim protector that is limited offensive is worth $40m PERIOD. A 3 point shooting big being paid pennies can completely neutralize him especially with the amount of defensive holes we already have on the team.

Defense is a complete 5 man game and if you think we can plug Gobert in any line-up and he can somehow cover all of our massive defensive gaps haven't been watching all these playoff games closely. It takes a village to even cover 1 defensive liability on the court in a high level 7 game series. 

Watching almost every playoff game, IMO this is what should be prioritized in this order.

1.) Secondary shot creator

2.) Coaching Upgrade

3.) Wing defenders that can also hit outside shots

Gobert is a lot better than you are making him out to be.

• Like 1