• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta would only have one supermax and that's Gobert. They would have three max cats. That's the same amount as the Lakers and Nets going into last year. 

If Trae makes an all nba team he’ll be a supermax.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, yungsta said:

Hes isn't worth double of what Capela is making + Our only decent wing defender + a pick. That is all

That's the part ol' supes chooses to ignore while he's espousing Gobert's greatness(sic). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Nope.  Guy's been on about 8 teams in 6 years despite always being productive.  There's a problem there.

:sarcastic: You ain’t Shaq! You know the dude and dislike him. Lol. Shaq was workin his inner CHUCK WHO HE PLAY FO! :laugh1:

ps Somewhere Sturt is smiling … He was pushing Wood a few years back.. and Thingram of course.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 1

I don’t mean to sound like a victim here (as the Hawks franchise) but why is it that whenever we are peaking and need a legit star, there’s no big time stars? 

Lavine

Beal

And even Gobert, this is a weak FA/Trade market for us. 

Just seems every time we zig, the league is zaggin on us. 

End of rant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t mean to sound like a victim here (as the Hawks franchise) but why is it that whenever we are peaking and need a legit star, there’s no big time stars? 

Lavine

Beal

And even Gobert, this is a weak FA/Trade market for us. 

Just seems every time we zig, the league is zaggin on us. 

End of rant. 

Cause we already have a superstar and need to find his side kick?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NekiEcko said:

Trae/LaVine/Huerter/Okongwu/Gobert would be a okay starting line-up but I would like to see them keeping Hunter (can they give more picks to Utah for him or give them Huerter).  

That team would not be functional period

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That team would not be functional period

Do you have any better ideas than this?  That line-up is not perfect (believe me it's not perfect at all) but it will be okay.  Besides, I dont think what Travis wants is going to be done in one offseason.

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta has a good framework deal, it's the willingness to take on Shamet and Payne and give good prospects up is why Charlotte is ahead. They want him just as bad as Atlanta, they just got more to offer with the willingness to take on bad contracts. Something Travis isn't willing to do.

Who or what else is Charlotte giving up? Payne has 1 guaranteed year left at $6 mil, then $2 mil the next year. Shammette is on a 4yr deal at $11 mil per, so Phoenix is sending out, if you include Ayton, approximately $47 million - who is Charlotte sending out to match salaries? They have maybe $16 mil in salary before Bridges caphold.

I don't understand the full parameters of this deal.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Do you have any better ideas than this?  That line-up is not perfect (believe me it's not perfect at all) but it will be okay.  Besides, I dont think what Travis wants is going to be done in one offseason.

The team they have now is more functional with depth. That team not only lacks depth but it makes no sense. Having said that, one injury to like Lavine, it's a lottery team

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NekiEcko said:

Trae/LaVine/Huerter/Okongwu/Gobert would be a okay starting line-up but I would like to see them keeping Hunter (can they give more picks to Utah for him or give them Huerter).  

Not a fan - we'd still have defensive issues on the wings...and count me as one who doesn't see the OO/Gobert pairing as ideal offensively. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not a fan - we'd still have defensive issues on the wings...and count me as one who doesn't see the OO/Gobert pairing as ideal offensively. 

Even if all players play 82 games, this team makes no sense. Seems like the front office is trying to sell tickets vs winning a championship. 3 $40 mil players who all have limitations on the same team???? They can't be this stupid. Also the Delon Wright take was totally stupid.  Championship team desperately need players like that.

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks Trade Talk

1.      The biggest offer Atlanta have received is a LeBron James offer. Price was too high for the time being. Atlanta has the most or true interest in De’Andre Ayton, Zach LaVine, Donovan Mitchell, Bradley Beal, Rudy Gobert, Malcolm Brogdon, Collin Sexton, Evan Fournier, T.J. Warren, Otto Porter Jr., Robert Covington, Andrew Wiggins,  

2.      I’ve been told Atlanta interest to bring back their FAs outside of Cooper is limited. They want to upgrade from Delon at backup PG.

3.      When it comes to bigs, there is a belief that Atlanta wants next up situation with JJ and Okongwu moving into bigger roles.

4.      I haven’t heard anything about backup centers, but I think it’s something to keep an eye on.

5.      All of these players have been offered to Atlanta.

Atlantic: Knicks: Evan Fournier, Julius Randle, Sixers: Tobias Harris. Atlanta has some interest in Thybulle but Philly wasn’t interested in Atlanta’s offer. No one from Toronto but they had interest in Capela but nothing to note over. Celtics: Smart was offered to Atlanta before the trade deadline but the price was exceptionally high and they didn’t make an agreement. This was a deal centered around Kevin Huerter. Nets offered Joe Harris and Sharpe for Capela is quickly declined.

Atlantic teams Atlanta had interest in from NBA circles for the summer. Knicks: Fournier. They made serious progress in trade talks for Evan. I am told this is centered around Gallo’s contract. Evan is not the priority fish but he’s one of them. Celtics and Toronto – none. Sixers – Thybulle but Atlanta and Philly are far from Philly’s perceptive. Brooklyn – Atlanta reached out about Ben Simmons. Was told he’s a part of their future. He’s not available right now.

Supes Take: I don’t expect much from the Atlantic. Fournier is the biggest target that’s realistic but that depends on what happens with Brogdon.

Central: Cavs: Collin Sexton. Indy: Malcolm Brogdon. Bulls: Zach LaVine. Bucks: No one. Pistons: Grant price tag is too high is what I was told and Atlanta isn’t high on his contract demands.

Central team Atlanta had interest in from NBA circles for the summer. Cavs: Collin Sexton. From what I was told, Atlanta wants a dynamic scorer in the backcourt off the bench and starting. They want to get rid of non-dynamic scorers and replace them with 20ppg+ guys. Sexton is at the top of the list and the interest is mutual from Cleveland as well. The trade target Cleveland wants is Kevin while Atlanta wants it to be Bogi as they want to keep Kevin for the most part. I am being told, there is a high chance of this being done at some point.

Indy: Malcolm Brogdon. He has been a target for awhile but Atlanta wants more creation off the bench. I do not believe they see him as a starter but they do see him as a very good player who’s tremendous off the bench similar to how Milwaukee used him. From what I’ve been told, Indy wants to move him at all cost to start the Haliburton era but they are seeking a 1st. I am told, it’s unlikely unless they are willing to take on bad contracts. Atlanta is offering Gallo and multiple 2nds.

Bulls: Zach LaVine. I would say he is probably Atlanta primary target this offseason. As I’ve stated, Atlanta wants dynamic scorers from the 1 and 2 spot for all starters and backups. All have to be capable of dominating a game. Obviously, the starters can do it a lot more. The goal from Atlanta is to have a 1 and 2 punch that can get you any night. Zach has turned himself into a top 25 player in this league so his impact will be felt. I am told John Collins is the piece that will be moved to accommodate LaVine. There is belief that the Bulls would like to keep LaVine but they see the max as something that’s not the most reasonable of deals for them and would prefer a lesser cost and they have been very open to listening to SnT deals. Their worry for Ball’s future is also impacting this decision.

He is being told Zach wants to talk to teams who are interested in giving him the max and Atlanta is one of those teams. I have zero clue how it’s going to work. I do think they can do a double SnT with Delon going to CHI and LaVine to ATL with JC going to CHI too. Atlanta doesn’t have many contracts next year to trade. See @thecampster for that.  I am pretty sure Atlanta can do SnT deals with Knox or Delon which will cover this trade.

Bucks: No one. Pistons: Grant price tag is too high is what I was told and Atlanta isn’t high on his contract demands.

Southeast: This taking too long so I will shorten this up.

Magic: He hasn’t heard anyone mentioned from Orlando to Atlanta.

Wizards: Atlanta has serious interest in Beal but Beal is signing the supermax so adios to that. Atlanta has called about a number of guys on their roster but was declined.

Heat: No one. He hasn’t heard interest from Atlanta on any Heat player at this time.

Hornets: They have talked but they don’t see eye to eye. Charlotte wants Atlanta pieces as an upgrade and they don’t have any upgrades Atlanta wants to move their pieces.

Supes Take: Doesn’t seem likely, we will see any moves in division for the Hawks unless it’s smaller pieces which I haven’t asked into yet.

Western Conference

SW:

Spurs: They had a lot of talks with Atlanta during the trade deadline but I didn’t get the names outside of White. I don’t know if they have reengaged, but it wasn’t mentioned.

Houston: Nothing

Grizzlies: Nothing. Atlanta has called about Dillon Brooks but Memphis wasn’t interested in Atlanta’s offer.

Mavs: Mavs have had extreme interest in Capela. The value just isn’t there for Atlanta to do a deal. They offered us back THJ and a 1st is one of the offers that I was told about. Dallas is in search of a center bad or a big who can protect the rim and the paint.

Pels: Nothing so far. They were very active with each other at the trade deadline but it fell through.

Supes Take: Doesn’t seem likely at all.

Northwest:

Portland: They have talked a lot but I haven’t heard anything concrete. Atlanta wanted McCollum but NO offer had that pick in it and they wanted it badly. Atlanta wasn’t willing to move their pick. He is also hearing Hart is someone they want to keep for the long term unless he’s traded for another star which they want to pair with Lillard. Portland is a big team for my feature which is around the NBA.

Denver: They been active on the trade market but it doesn’t seem like them and Atlanta are on to something.

Wolves: They reached out to Atlanta with Russell but Atlanta declined.

Thunder: Nothing so far other than Gallo talks during or after the draft before the new year. Atlanta is looking at a TPE type deal.

Jazz: Atlanta and Utah have worked out a framework agreement with Rudy Gobert. I am told it’s going to be a future 1st round (protected but real pick), Clint Capela, and De’Andre Hunter deal. I think it might include a gleaguer non-guarantee contract from another team player in the trade to make it financially complete.

I am told that Utah DOES NOT want to trade Gobert until they maximized all of Donovan’s trade value. They are looking for an upgrade to Mitchell, who is Damian Lillard. Lillard is not available, but they are hoping if he is, they can trade him to Utah for Mitchell to play with Gobert. Otherwise, if they can’t get a superstar for Mitchell, they are keeping him and moving Rudy to Atlanta. Utah is a massive team for me around the league coverage which will be posted soon. Do not expect a deal with Utah to be done till July. Utah is watching Portland.

Pacific:

Lakers: Offered us LeBron James. Wanted A LOT for a rental that’s 37 turning 38 next year. Atlanta has serious interest in AD but he’s been pulled from all trade talks. LA has also offered us THT which has been declined. While I wouldn’t say LeBron to Atlanta is dead, it’s unlikely unless the price drops.

Suns: While Ayton is our 2nd highest target he’s the most difficult to get as Charlotte is in the driver’s seat and the Suns are still a realistic possibility for Ayton as CP3 is fighting for him and you don’t want to give Booker more reasons than their already is for him to go to LA and play for the Lakers.

That said, Atlanta has talked to PHX and they have a really good framework deal but Charlotte is willing on trading for PHX dead weight players that Atlanta isn’t as even if both meet the draft pick requirements and Atlanta has the better players in the deal in my personal opinion. Charlotte willing to do a BIG deal with multiple players that Atlanta can’t nor is willing to do. I would be shocked if Ayton ended up with the Hawks. I think it’s going to be down to PHX giving him the max or a CHA SnT with players like bad contract players like Payne and Shamet in the deal. Other teams in the mix is the NY Knicks and Detroit Pistons from my understanding.

Clippers: Nothing in terms of trade talk.

Warriors: Atlanta reached out about Wiggins but GS didn’t have interest at this time. We will see after the playoffs if anything is there. He is hearing whispers (NOT from GS side) that they are open to trading Klay Thompson this offseason and not for a lot. This might be something Atlanta needs to look into.

Kings: Called about John Collins. Atlanta isn’t interested in trading JC for anything less than an upgrade or similar level player at a different position.

Overall, there is a lot of potential of deals with Atlanta and teams in the Pacific division.

From his contacts and this is basically what I’ve put together from our conversations over the last couple of weeks. Teams feel Atlanta is looking to improve their guard play this offseason.

They don’t get the vibe that Capela is available outside of a few teams. They don’t get the feel that Kevin Huerter or De’Andre Hunter is available. They don’t get the feel that JC is truly available. They don’t believe Okongwu is available at all. In other words, Atlanta been declining a lot of offers and teams have tried but Atlanta goals are clear and it’s hard to meet them from many team’s perspective. His WAS contact who’s said Atlanta been in contact with them a lot, it wouldn’t shock them if the bench was massively different but the starters were all the same.

Based on the information I have received, here’s what I think will happen.

Atlanta does a SnT for Sexton with Bogi although CLE is pushing for Kevin.

Atlanta does a double SnT for LaVine with Delon and JC. Serious future draft considerations will be included.

Atlanta does a trade with Utah for Gobert with Capela and Hunter as well as a future 1st.

Gallo either gets traded for Brogdon which will include two 2nds or he’s traded for a TPE to OKC. Evan F is a possibility.

Atlanta would need a big wing, I am not sure how they fill in that big hole.

Trae/Sexton/Coop

LaVine/Brogdon/Mays

Huerter/???/Brown

Okongwu/JJ/???

Gobert/???/???

Atlanta would need a lot of cheap help. That goes into their #16 pick. He’s heard it was being shopped to move both up and down but it’s unlikely Atlanta trades it completely. Especially since they are about to ship out picks this offseason in future drafts. I will talk about it in the around the league thread but the 2023 draft is supposed to be DEEP and generational. So, teams WANT 2023 1sts, and some teams are willing to take a step back in 2023 to get a high pick in 2023. There will be more tanking in 2023 than in 2022. Atlanta is expecting Okongwu to take a major leap in year 3 is what he’s being told directly from Atlanta’s organization.

Supes Take: Personally, I wouldn’t trade Hunter without an ample replacement. I think it’s foolish and dumb as hell. I don’t think Kevin is right SF in a conference where you got Middleton, Tatum, Brown, Durant, Butler, and Barnes. Just my opinion. From the sounds of it, it sounds like there is a real chance Atlanta will move on from Hunter for Gobert. The rumors that Utah wants Hunter is true. Still stupid to me without a replacement for Hunter but for Gobert, I understand. He’s a game changer that will put Atlanta over the top with LaVine on board. Still, how do you guard big wings? I get the Sexton wants especially as a backup. I think I’ll rather the TPE instead of Brogdon but that’s just me. We could add like three to four decent free agents as backups via SnTs for it. Whereas Brogdon is a rental who will be gone in a year. Just my opinion. Except for Brogdon and no replacement for Hunter, I would be happy with this offseason.

I will post around the NBA soon. It's much deeper and I have a lot more info. 

They lost me at Fournier.. Wtf... Hell to the naw.. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd be ok with this scenario only. We don't have bad contracts to send back to worth it including a 2nd. Brogdon has 3 years left on his deal and considering age and injuries, I wouldn't want to offer much more.

Im not a fan of Brogdon.. Give me Sexton / Lavine over him all day.. Delon can be our Brogdon for a lot cheaper.. lol

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This^.

I don't understand what Phoenix would want from Charlotte except Bridges in a double SnT. Charlotte doesn't have capspace to take dead weight....they'd have to be sending out players like Oubre on expiring contracts for longer term deals from Suns.

Lavine is a FA, so he can opt to go to a team with capspace. Bulls have no leverage to demand JC. The only reason is if the Hawks want to 'get out' of JCs deal.

Lavine's max is $36.6 mil - Hawks offer some combination of Gallo, Bogi, Huerter, pick.

Hawks may want out of JC deal.. I know if hurts some peoples feelings, but....................................

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm still not interested in Gobert at this price.

Do the deal but type in Huerter instead of Hunter and hope they dont notice.. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Someone put supes post on Twitter smh. We gotta put stuff in spoilers or something.

Sources ain't gon like that

Ha....post the twitterer so we can see the comments. :laugh1:.....OR we get to out a Squawker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2