• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

13 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Trae/LaVine/Huerter/Okongwu/Gobert would be a okay starting line-up but I would like to see them keeping Hunter (can they give more picks to Utah for him or give them Huerter).  

No, Utah primarily want is Hunter. Their fans like Kevin the most but their organization wants Hunter.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Thank you for the article.    OO at Pf would worry me…..

Sounds like we’re trying to package Gallo and picks.    Then Bogi and picks.   

If we really want Lavine, my guess is Collins is gone to them.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Tj Warren would be a great scoring addition off the bench.    I also think GSW will have to make a deal.   Payton, Porter, Wiggins.    No way they can keep them AND Poole and Looney after last night

Payton or Bruce Brown could be a Marcus Smart type.   

I thought we wanted longer, more physical players. I assume it’s either Lavine, Brogdon or Sexton, makes no sense to tie up close to a $100M in guards. And if we trade Hunter, we will have no perimeter defense but I understand that’d be Utah’s ask. 

6 minutes ago, georgia said:

Tj Warren would be a great scoring addition off the bench.    I also think GSW will have to make a deal.   Payton, Porter, Wiggins.    No way they can keep them AND Poole and Looney after last night

Payton or Bruce Brown could be a Marcus Smart type.   

I believe they will at some point since Poole is clearly a must keep. Wiggins is being seen as a must keep which is why teams around the league say Klay is available but he hasn't heard that from anyone in GS. 

Payton and Porter, especially Porter should be guys I think the Hawks should target personally and Porter is a FA that I've heard is a target. 

Warren is a FA target. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I thought we wanted longer, more physical players. I assume it’s either Lavine, Brogdon or Sexton, makes no sense to tie up close to a $100M in guards. And if we trade Hunter, we will have no perimeter defense but I understand that’d be Utah’s ask. 

I don't believe money is an issue for Tony. He wants a contender. Bar none. Whatever it takes to make it happen, that's what Tony wants. He wants to build on that 2021 playoff run. He doesn't want last year to ever happen again as long as Trae is in his prime or before his prime.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't believe money is an issue for Tony. He wants a contender. Bar none. Whatever it takes to make it happen, that's what Tony wants. He wants to build on that 2021 playoff run. He doesn't want last year to ever happen again as long as Trae is in his prime or before his prime.

It’s great to hear that Ressler is willing to spend the money, but my point was about having a more balanced lineup. That roster would have 4 very expensive guards including 2 Supermax, no real SF, no real PF other than JJ. 

• Thanks 2

LaVine and Gobert would work for me.. Obviously the forwards would have to be strong defensive vets not rookies paired with OO.

OO seems like a great fit at PF if he stays slim and gets speed. The problem is you are needing him on screen rolls and I don’t view him as a powerful leaper.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Man, where's @Spud2nique aka Archie deBunker? 

Will you be my Eatit? Edith? :eyebrow:

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH AAAAAAAARRRRRRRCHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIEEEE {in my best Edith}

ps kg, I can’t believe you made me bust out that impersonation on a Saturday morning. You win game over :laugh1:

waaaaayyyy too early..

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DS5 said:

It’s great to hear that Ressler is willing to spend the money, but my point was about having a more balanced lineup. That roster would have 4 very expensive guards including 2 Supermax, no real SF, no real PF other than JJ. 

I do think Okongwu is a 4 and 5 defensively. Offensively, he's still working on that in particular his shooting range. 

There is clearly no true 3 at this time. Maybe that changes at the draft but even that player is rotational. You trade Hunter, it's unlikely you finding a replacement. There just aren't that many big wings out there. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

LaVine and Gobert would work for me.. Obviously the forwards would have to be strong defensive vets not rookies paired with OO.

OO seems like a great fit at PF if he stays slim and gets speed. The problem is you are needing him on screen rolls and I don’t view him as a powerful leaper.

Okongwu also needs to unlock that floater game. He's a good leaper in space but in traffic, he's no JC. I would be surprised if he scores 13ppg a game. I would imagine Atlanta would want to use him like old Horford or like Draymond long term

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Atlanta would only have one supermax and that's Gobert. They would have three max cats. That's the same amount as the Lakers and Nets going into last year. 

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta would only have one supermax and that's Gobert. They would have three max cats. That's the same amount as the Lakers and Nets going into last year. 

Gobert did not sign a 5 year SuperMax deal worth $228. He signed for 5yrs/$208

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

2.      I’ve been told Atlanta interest to bring back their FAs outside of Cooper is limited. They want to upgrade from Delon at backup PG.

3.      When it comes to bigs, there is a belief that Atlanta wants next up situation with JJ and Okongwu moving into bigger roles.

2. I understand wanting more dynamic play making from this position. Would still like to see Delon amd his defense back in some role.

3. I agree with this.

• Like 1

Wow I’m happy and disappointed.

First off to @NBASupes thanks for sharing and can’t wait for your next rumor post.

Second…to @Diesel my bad you were right apparently. The hawks want Gobert at all cost even if I don’t agree with it.

My opinion on the Positives:

Lavine- this is great news he’s a target and I wanted him some years back and I believe he has the ability to be a two way player despite his short comings defensively.

Sexton - I love the sexton idea as a backup! I’d consider that a true upgrade from Delon Wright.

Gobert - I like the idea of upgrading from Capela to Gobert. It’s going to be an extreme impact difference but sadly it sounds like we are putting Gobert in the same exact situation as the Jazz to a certain extent we will just have to see.

Okungwu- I been telling people that OO was a power forward and I’m glad the FO sees him as that too. I personally believe OO will have a 12 foot solid jumper coming into next season and overall I believe he’s a better defender than Collins even if he does foul a bit more right now! …an OO and Gobert defensive combo is extremely exciting! May be the best defensive big man duo in the league and that’s no stretch.

My opinion on the Negatives:

Hunter - I can’t see this as anything other than a big mistake trading Hunter away. His size at SF and what his defense will look like with Gobert AND OO beside him on that end would be massive defensively…..like supes said how are you going to guard big SFs without Hunter and you already traded away Cam?!!

Evan Fournier - I’m not sure that I like this as a trade target unless his contract is cheaper than either  Bogi or Huerters….then and only then I’d consider it a good target.

Brogdon - I want him here but I’m not so sure how he’d feel about coming off the bench with issues already between him and McMillan in the past. So its not really a negative here but more so a worrisome.