• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

@NBASupes, nothing on the Nets and Simmons???

edit - just saw he’s part of their future and not available. Interesting. 

I was going to talk about it on Around the NBA but Brooklyn sees him as a part of their core with KD.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t mean to sound like a victim here (as the Hawks franchise) but why is it that whenever we are peaking and need a legit star, there’s no big time stars? 

Lavine

Beal

And even Gobert, this is a weak FA/Trade market for us. 

Just seems every time we zig, the league is zaggin on us. 

End of rant. 

While I do think higher of Gobert than y'all do, yeah. Outside of Gobert, I don't believe personally that Beal or LaVine are stars. They are in the same range of Iso Joe when he was killing it for us when he had him to me. 

Top 25 player, not a star. All star level players. Backups in the all star game types.

Not a fan of LaVine like that but I get it. I do like Sexton as a 6th man and been liked him as that. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

Someone put supes post on Twitter smh. We gotta put stuff in spoilers or something.

Sources ain't gon like that

Wasn’t me.  I don’t even know how to use the twitter.

@Sothron, what would you make if the Hawks did end up getting Russell from the Wolves?

He’s definitely someone I’ve thought about as kind of a middle to upper-middle class kind of move for Atlanta. Not a big star, but he’s had some moments. How consistent is he?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, bird_dirt said:

@Sothron, what would you make if the Hawks did end up getting Russell from the Wolves?

He’s definitely someone I’ve thought about as kind of a middle to upper-middle class kind of move for Atlanta. Not a big star, but he’s had some moments. How consistent is he?

He's a lesser version of Trae on offense, not as bad on defense but not a good defender. I can't imagine him being ok with being moved to a bench role this early in his career.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

If these things are true, putting it on Twitter isn't helpful imho.

Supes has a habit of throwing in things that I was told not to repeat at all. I can't say what that was in his last post so don't try to guess but I agree with you. I'm told thing with the expectation that a few Hawks fans on this board see the information. Note that I don't really spread this information on other platform with a few exceptions.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I would hate to lock it down but it only takes 500 posts to qualify as a senior member.

That’s an awfully low number for us members that’s been around for 10+ years.

I think 800-1000 post should qualify you as a SR member but what the hell! I don’t make the rules around here.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Supes has a habit of throwing in things that I was told not to repeat at all. I can't say what that was in his last post so don't try to guess but I agree with you. I'm told thing with the expectation that a few Hawks fans on this board see the information. Note that I don't really spread this information on other platform with a few exceptions.

Just so you all know @Sothron @NBASupes @thecampster I never spread your inside info on other platforms. I wouldn’t do that to you guys! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That was horrible...just posted as is without mentioning the original author.

I hope it's not one of you Squawkers.

Seriously, good grief. What a doosh nozzle of a move. I scrolled through dudes twitter feed, and while he did eventually provide a link to the original post here, it should have never been available to him. Should definitely move these types of discussions with delicate info into the more secure area. 

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 3