• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Agreed.  Trae was shooting something like 27% from three during the first eight games last year and ended at 38%.  But I agree with @benhillboy that the bigger concern is if he's able to get a clear path to the cup consistently.  I love the addition of Murray, but looking to see just how much Capela getting into game shape is a thing.  Finding a better roll partner for Trae is the next big agenda for our roster.  

A better Roll Partner than Capela???

That Will Never Happen GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Ok admittedly I was using deflections and strawmans, fair enough. But of all games to heap praise on Trae this seems an odd one. This was one of the best games of DJM's career. 

I can respect that. Just no need to downplay one vs the other. It does beg the question though, has there been any game in the last two years where someone on the team clearly had a better game than Trae where they led the team in points too where Trae played his normal minutes? It is nice to have a second go to guy. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Agreed.  Trae was shooting something like 27% from three during the first eight games last year and ended at 38%.  But I agree with @benhillboy that the bigger concern is if he's able to get a clear path to the cup consistently.  I love the addition of Murray, but looking to see just how much Capela getting into game shape is a thing.  Finding a better roll partner for Trae is the next big agenda for our roster.  

Lemme Explain...

Capela was trained by CP3 and Harden.   When he was traded to us for chicken scratch, we got a guy with instincts in the PNR.   The PNR is a dance. 

Clint always Sets a good pick.

Clint always anticipates the ball.

Clint catches the ball regardless of where Trae puts it... but Trae knows where to put it. 

Clint usually finishes when he gets it going up.  Check the technique...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Setting picks and diving for balls should be the norm, it shouldn't be cause for undying praise.

You know... I was intrigued....

I went back into time and tried to remember....  Jordan or Kobe diving for a ball.

I went back and watched Come Fly with Me. 

I went through the Kobe archives.. 8 and 24...

I found 3 with Kobe.  One from the olympics (that was boss) but the other two... not as meaningful... one was to save his own legs.. but the last was a crowd jump with Ibaka. 

I mention Kobe because I betcha I can find at least 100 videos of Shaq jumping into the crowd or on the ground for a loose ball.   IF there's anybody who should never Jump, it's Shaq and Embiid.. but I can find more evidence of them diving than Kobe.   And Jordan Diving??  1 time.  2-27-1990....  when he got up, you knew that he said in his mind, I will never do that again.

In his short career, I would say that Trae has dove for the ball at least 60 times.  So compared to two top 50 players...   For Trae, diving for Balls is the norm.  While wearing Kirk Hinrich's googles with a swollen eye... Trae on the ground diving for the damn ball and you try to minimize that??

Please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You know... I was intrigued....

I went back into time and tried to remember....  Jordan or Kobe diving for a ball.

I went back and watched Come Fly with Me. 

I went through the Kobe archives.. 8 and 24...

I found 3 with Kobe.  One from the olympics (that was boss) but the other two... not as meaningful... one was to save his own legs.. but the last was a crowd jump with Ibaka. 

I mention Kobe because I betcha I can find at least 100 videos of Shaq jumping into the crowd or on the ground for a loose ball.   IF there's anybody who should never Jump, it's Shaq and Embiid.. but I can find more evidence of them diving than Kobe.   And Jordan Diving??  1 time.  2-27-1990....  when he got up, you knew that he said in his mind, I will never do that again.

In his short career, I would say that Trae has dove for the ball at least 60 times.  So compared to two top 50 players...   For Trae, diving for Balls is the norm.  While wearing Kirk Hinrich's googles with a swollen eye... Trae on the ground diving for the damn ball and you try to minimize that??

Please.

Are you suggesting you spent the afternoon watching every game from Kobe and Jordan

😂

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, MarylandHawk said:

I can respect that. Just no need to downplay one vs the other. It does beg the question though, has there been any game in the last two years where someone on the team clearly had a better game than Trae where they led the team in points too where Trae played his normal minutes? It is nice to have a second go to guy. 

I'm sure there are a few, the most memorable without looking up: Heurter game 7 vs Sixers and Hunter game 5 vs Heat (though we didn't won cause ref fouled out Hunter). 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

I'll never undestand how he thought the Knicks would be a better situation than what he had in Atlanta. 

I don't think Cam wanted to go specifically to the Knicks, he just wanted to be traded from the Hawks for more playing time elsewhere. NY was not the ideal spot given their wing rotation but they most likely was the team that offered the 1st round pick the Hawks were seeking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think Cam wanted to go specifically to the Knicks, he just wanted to be traded from the Hawks for more playing time elsewhere. NY was not the ideal spot given their wing rotation but they most likely was the team that offered the 1st round pick the Hawks were seeking.

Exactly. NY isn’t gonna happen for Cam, it has to be the next place. Cam and his people need to think about fit for him, forget the money. Hoping he goes to a structured team next year. NY is still lost with Randle and RJ, now Brunson the leader, it’s lame.

• Like 2