• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Who in the league can make a pass like that?  That could've easily been a turnover.

But Trae to Collins is the best QB to WR duo in Atlanta.

Majority all pgs in the league can make this pass. They're all stronger than Trae so the strength is nothing and they all train virtually the same doing the same drills. And every PF in the nba can do what Collins did. You people are beginning to sound like such casuals. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Majority all pgs in the league can make this pass. They're all stronger than Trae so the strength is nothing and they all train virtually the same doing the same drills. And every PF in the nba can do what Collins did. You people are beginning to sound like such casuals. 

JC- 4 rebounds, and some terrible defense. By far the weakest PF in NBA history. He is often being treated like a child by other players that are smaller than he is. Terrible decisions with the ball. Brick city from 3. 3 for 11 from the field. Didn’t like anything about his game tonight. But hey he can catch a lob....................................

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Prove it.

Pull me up a clip of a point guard tossing a 60 foot alley oop pass to a player, let alone a pass with 2 guys in the vicinity of the guy who eventually caught the oop.

Yeah it was a good (risky) pass...

But what about the 7 for 21 from the field. Bad shots and decisions in the 4th. Crappy defense. 6 to’s?

I don’t remember the last time he made more than half of his shots. 10 fts was his saving grace. 26 points on 21 shots.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's by Nate's design.

We can play like that, but it puts a ton of pressure on our guards to score AND create for others.

Exactly.  If we're gonna feast or famine by the dribble penetration then it has to be less about scoring and more about drawing the defense. It needs to be more than just guys taking turns.  We need ball movement and we need to get our best shooters in position for spot ups.  

I'mma quit saying it though.  We'll see how we look after the critique moratorium.  Man do I want to say shit after every game...win or lose.

51 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Prove it.

Pull me up a clip of a point guard tossing a 60 foot alley oop pass to a player, let alone a pass with 2 guys in the vicinity of the guy who eventually caught the oop.

Years ago I left the merry-go-round behind.  I'm on a new mission to just ignore all agendas.  We're all casuals...as are all of the NBA pundits, coaches, and players that are impressed by the way he passes the ball.  SMH.

• Like 3

Trae’s scoring efficiency has been trash… but he also just had the most efficient season of his career last season.

I don’t think he will continue to shoot so poorly as he, Murray, and the rest of the new rotation continue to gel together. A lot of his offense is forced right now. This will subside eventually.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm glad we won but this offense has a lot of warts. We as a team are flat out shooting like crap and I say crap because I want to say the other word but this is a family forum.  This has gone on long enough to not just chalk it up to hey everyone has some bad nights shooting. 

They are all shooting badly. How many shots at the rim have we missed as a team? How many wide open threes or mid range shots have we missed as a team? 

There's no ball movement other than Trae/DJM. We thought we would start to see some catch and shoot from Trae which requires screening and off ball action. We've gotten....none of that. I mean like zero of it. 

I know the team only has two proven good passers in our starting guards. Jalen was very good in the G league but Nate is never going to let him be the point forward he desperately needs to be on the second unit. We miss Bogi not just for his shooting but for his passing as well. 

This is a very stagnant offense that quite frankly is going to do what @NBASupes talks about: good enough for regular season floor raising but its going to be child's play to stop in the playoffs if things don't change. We have almost zero movement, no screening for catch and shoot, no give and go, no hand offs, no pick and roll that isn't a lob at the rim, literally ZERO low post plays...ugh. I am glad we are winning games but this is a recipe for disaster the longer the season goes.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This will cover a multitude of our other issues.  If Capela plays like this most of the year and we commit among the fewest turnovers in the league, we can get away with some inefficiencies on offense.  The lack of passing is a concern, but our frontcourt personnel isn't wired to play that way.  Not sure how we can address that with scheme alone.  

I like that we keep grinding out wins.  It gives us time to address some things, for rookies to learn, and for Bogi to get healthy.  Last year we started 4-8.  Hitting the 6ers without Harden and maybe Raptors without Siakam next week it's better to be lucky than good sometimes.  

There is concern.  Trae can't turn his season around with no ball movement.  Hoping the team makes an adjustment.  Griffin, JJ, and Bogi bring the dimension we need.  None of them are in peak form right now.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

I am with @TheNorthCydeRises on this. Only a few players can make that pass, Bron, Trae, Jokic, Luka, and CP3. That pass was elite of the elite passes. 

As far as finishing that, the top end finishers can finish that but it would be questionable going down from there. JC is an elite finisher so he can finish that more times than not.

6 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

I am with @TheNorthCydeRises on this. Only a few players can make that pass, Bron, Trae, Jokic, Luka, and CP3. That pass was elite of the elite passes. 

As far as finishing that, the top end finishers can finish that but it would be questionable going down from there. JC is an elite finisher so he can finish that more times than not.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, terrell said:

Yeah it was a good (risky) pass...

But what about the 7 for 21 from the field. Bad shots and decisions in the 4th. Crappy defense. 6 to’s?

I don’t remember the last time he made more than half of his shots. 10 fts was his saving grace. 26 points on 21 shots.

Professional scorer.

Trae Iverson.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So you're telling me Ja can't make that pass? Booker? Haliburton, Kyrie, Murray AND Murray, Garland, Cunningham, CJ cannot make a 60 ft alley hoop pass? 

CJ and Zion can do it in their sleep. 

• Haha 1

Sothron:  Those forbidden four letter words can be replaced with words that all will accept.

Making love is fine.  We hear this often.

Being an old country boy, manure is fine and dandy.  It's the same stuff, just named differently.  No problem at all to go to a farm machinery dealer and price a manure spreader.  I know.  I owned one.

It's all in the way it's said, I suppose.

:smug:

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

So you're telling me Ja can't make that pass? Booker? Haliburton, Kyrie, Murray AND Murray, Garland, Cunningham, CJ cannot make a 60 ft alley hoop pass? 

CJ and Zion can do it in their sleep. 

I'm telling you maybe one of the guys you listed can make that pass on time, on target.  And have the guts to even try.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1