• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Clint was upgraded to Questionable on the Boo-Boo Report yesterday. Discounting the G-Leaguers, Isaiah Livers (sprained shoulder) is the sole would-be active player currently designated Out for Detroit.

Bundle up today, all you courageous fans headed downtown. There's no such thing as too many layers!

Look who's come in from the heat, it's Detroit media!

~lw3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

fhCf26K-2xNvj8BD.jpg

“FA-FO LA LA LA, LA LA, LA, LA!”

Don we now our swag apparel! Festive lOoks are about all we have, those oF us brAving bitter cold to trek to State FArm Arena. Whether we’re attending, or just cozying up to some spiked egg nog in FrOnt oF Our smart devices, Atlanta Hawks FAns can only hope the Detroit Pistons aren’t the latest Grinches to spoil our FAvorite team’s holiday spirit.

Like the Bulls, the Pistons (NBA-worst 8-26, one win @ CHA over past nine games) have arrived in Atlanta aFter drOpping FOur straight games, the latest a 20-point FinAl deFicit in Philly On Wednesday night on the heels oF A Fruitless three-gAme homestand. Unlike Chicago, everything to this point is just about going according to plan in Motown.

2021 top-pick Cade Cunningham made it through 12 games beFOre being told by Pistons brass, “Repeat aFter us: I have A stress FrActure in my shin. I need surgery. I must sit out the rest oF the seAson!” Shutting down the Motorcade allows Detroit to drill down on the next project, which is showcasing Bojan Bogdanovic (career-high 20.7 PPG, 42.1 3fg%, 54.7 2fg%, 90.2 ft%) FOr whichever team is willing to dish out enough draFt capitAl to snag the 33-year-old castaway.

It also allows coach Dwane Casey to FOrce some trial-by-Fire mAturity out oF yOung holdovers Saddiq Bey, Killian Hayes, and Marvin Bagley along with rookies Jaden Ivey and Jalen Duren. Collectively, they don’t guard much, but will stay in games by staying physical, living in the paint (with Bojangles and BeeF Stew As perimeter release valves), and tricking teams into letting them live at the FOul line (NBA-high 26.8 FTAs/game).

Any deeper assessments would be a waste oF ink And energy FOr a Hawks team (16-16) that doesn’t pay attention to game plans, or coaching schemes, and would rather screw around in hopes some FAncy highlight plays will be enough to make their FOes cower and giFt wrAp them some wins. When they Figure Out that a tricky dribble here and a lob there is insufFicient tO make opponents FAll on their knees, we’ll know Atlanta Finally tAkes its opposition seriously, and we can take the Hawks seriously, in turn.

The schedule strengthens aFter the hOliday break, and the way the Hawks have reliably underperFOrmed when it matters most is the reason the break exists. Tonight, and going FOrward into next week, ‘tis not the season to be jelly.

Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Glorious Festivus. Let’s GO Hawks!

~lw3

Thanks 🙏🏿 lw3 as always! I actually tried singing 🎶 the game preview.. I’ll get better :yes:.

Call this a trap 🪤 game, call it a must win game, call it a “save you coach from getting canned on Xmas eve game”…

We need to win this. Like our score needs to be higher than they’re at the end of the night. :resent:

Vegas got Hawks by 9,

2k has Hawks by 18. @LongTimeFan I may have taken an L to the Bulls but no trouble today. Hoping real life is the same. 

@Gray Mule so I played Frank limited minutes and he came up with 6 blocks. I remember you posting about the tank playing a lil more, that might be wise… based on 2K apparently it’s a good move.

GO HAWKS!!!

7A2BB2F3-E7A2-492C-9C88-FD05258796ED.jpeg

898CFD21-3D6D-41C7-A108-BE63DCF43DBA.jpeg

A1C1225F-C5D3-49E5-A9E6-4DA6F12DFA88.jpeg

E25DCF44-7209-42CA-A5C7-C7CF477C6B4D.jpeg

01F10939-F704-4153-8AC3-395891C41A10.jpeg

B4BB5F14-DDCB-4E98-831E-927128604282.jpeg

CA53959E-4F0F-4D6D-858A-9777951DE2CE.jpeg

212B3EA6-7B7F-4964-9CA3-C539C5EB71DE.jpeg

• Like 4

Spud:  Hawks desperately need tall players.  Frank the Tank is tall.  Seems a simple thing when you think on it.  He may not be very good but he sure looked good in the last game he played.

😉

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dnice said:

What James tweeted is a damn shame.

Also misleading.  Right now in Michigan it is 2 degrees F.  It is 18 in Atlanta.  Same cold is hitting both places right now.  It has been unseasonably warm in Michigan previously spending time in the 20's to 40's but let's not pretend like Atlanta is colder.

(To emphasize how the winds are making it worse, in Atlanta the Weather Channel says it feels like 2 degrees while in Michigan TWC says it feels like -22.)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

Also misleading.  Right now in Michigan it is 2 degrees F.  It is 18 in Atlanta.  Same cold is hitting both places right now.  It has been unseasonably warm in Michigan previously spending time in the 20's to 40's but let's not pretend like Atlanta is colder.

(To emphasize how the winds are making it worse, in Atlanta the Weather Channel says it feels like 2 degrees while in Michigan TWC says it feels like -22.)

I woke up to -9 degrees here in suburban Chicago, with a wind chill of -25.
We only got about two or three inches of the predicted 10 inches of snow, so for us it's just a regular old Friday in December!

6 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

NSFW YouTube (via TikTok) of the famous FA-FO slope. Can we get Fratello or Hubie to draw this up before the games?

~lw3

I’m safe! Be fahhh..messin around since 86 and I haven’t looked back. :laugh1:

BTW, if teachers would have cursed more in their lessons, I’d prolly learned more. 😂 

as opposed to this disciple of one “Ferris”!

image.gif.81dde864ecdfd3dbfb09c14470a2a73b.gif

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Looking forward to seeing how we play with everybody healthy!!

Me too.. We look pretty much the same so far..

We get no impact at the 3 and the 4 most nights. Even when Hunter is average he has 15 points, and disappears for half of the game.

Collins hustles but is too small and weak. Hunter is big and strong and gives little extra effort.

Edited by terrell