• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

There's no defense to not calling the timeout. You let JJ inbound the ball and have DJM, Bogi, AJ and JC on the court. 

This honestly was the last straw for me for Nate. We just lost a game we should have won because he didn't have basic high school coach clock management.

It’s not even about the “should have won the game” for me. 

it’s the fact that Nate runs a high school offense . Has a sorry ass staff and now he wants to make bad end of game decisions!

I can’t take it. I hope they just fire Nate now and promote an intern coach from his sorry ass staff. Maybe we’ll get a surprise.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If Nate calls a time out and they put Simmons and Claxton back on the floor and shut down the inside and the outside... yall would be calling for his head for allowing them to get their defense back in the game. 

If you want something to blame... Blame all the missed FTs...

We missed 7 out of 22.

If you want something to blame..  Blame the refs for not calling obvious fouls... all game. 

Yes we were robbed all game. Refs were clearly one-sided,

but this doesn't give Nate a pass. It's not the first time his brain farts lose us a game. And we had this one. We had this. At the very least we would have a much better shot to have it. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, BudBall said:

Timeout thing is debatable so I wont be too hard on Nate on that. He will be let go at the end of the season so no need to spam fire him every thread. A coach like Bud we be 10 games above .500.

Yes I would go that far and say Nate has lost us 5 games, minimum. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Wretch said:

It also works on dribble penetration.  We were in the bonus and all we needed was a 2... 

That's if you can inbound the ball and get it cleanly to the middle.   Like I have asked, who is inbounding and who are they throwing it to...

It's easier to deal with a defense in transition that is out of sorts than to deal with a set defense.   

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Because they never call high five fouls like that, especially at the end of the game.  It didn't affect his shot and he bricked it, and we should have never been in a position where Murray is sprinting down court into a double to get a shot off.

Thats not what I'm talking about. They Kyrie foul on Murray was a clear path foul and they gave him two shots instead.

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Refs make bad calls all the time in every sport. So a better question is why would Nate help them ?

I just want anger all around tonight..lmao

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

That's if you can inbound the ball and get it cleanly to the middle.   Like I have asked, who is inbounding and who are they throwing it to...

It's easier to deal with a defense in transition that is out of sorts than to deal with a set defense.   

JJ can inbound it man.  You say this like it's impossible...and like we didn't have TWO timeouts.  I'd choose the timeout and dealing with the set defense over trying to bring the ball up and heave it over 2 defenders...with less than 5 seconds on the clock.  That's the right call with more time on the clock.  There's just no time to do anything...

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Im honestly ok with them getting clayton and Simmons back on the court.  True it would be a bit tougher defenders but you also have a much better chance of getting a clean shot off that close to the basket even with those guys on the court.    Those 2 are very good defenders but their not gods and can be shot on within 20 ft or so.    Much better chance imo with that than trying to get a ball fully up court and getting a even remotely clean shot off from 40 ft.   Not only that but damn let Nate earn his money and draw up a legit play call during the timeout and prove he is worth what he gets paid to do.  Our guys are talented enough to go at those guys 1 on 1 and still score if you give them a chance that close to the basket with a solid play drawn up.

How bad was the shot that was put up??

I'm not saying that you should not call a timeout every time.  I'm saying look at who you're putting back on the floor.  A 6'10" SG who is only there because he plays defense at a high level and can guard Guards.   And It may not have been Claxton it may have been Oneal... another guy who is just handsy.

You're giving a very good defense the job of playing hard for 4 seconds...

Versus catching them out of sorts...

I'll take my chances. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

What are the chances of making that off balance heave over 2 defenders...?  There's absolutely no reason not to call that timeout.

Nate found a way to ruin what I thought was a decent coaching job tonight. He's conservative, stubborn, and old school for 99.9% of the time and then makes a decision that completely flies in the face of sound coaching. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just finished watching the game, Nate really be wearing out his welcome. This is the type of coaching that gets you fired. 

They rarely call that shit anymore. 

Nate didnt even want this job to begin with.. LP had to practically beg him to take it..

But yeah Its time to move on..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Wretch said:

JJ can inbound it man.  You say this like it's impossible...and like we didn't have TWO timeouts.  I'd choose the timeout and dealing with the set defense over trying to bring the ball up and heave it over 2 defenders...with less than 5 seconds on the clock.  That's the right call with more time on the clock.  There's just no time to do anything...

If it were any defense... sure.   If it were the Bulls defense.. Hell yeah.  But you're talking about the Nets.   They have 4 guys over 6'9.   They are long and agile.  They have prided themselves on defense over this streak.  

Look past the textbook answer and look at what's on the court.   You're going to let long monsters back in the game.   A few plays ago, they got us with a 24 second clock violation.   Wonder how??  And you want to challenge them to play defense for 4 seconds.   Come on man.