• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Warriors

lethalweapon3

Strong organizations never discuss tanking.  They expect everyone to show up and compete every game. Look at the Steelers who started out 2 and 6. Tomlin and the Steelers organization refused to even consider tanking. Now they are 8 and 8 with a mediocre team. It's time to have some pride show up and leave it all on the floor.  If Nate isn't the coach then get someone in here that the players respect and listen to. If you don't want to play within the system then there is a seat on the bench for you while we find you a new home. No more trades like the Heurter trade. It sends the wrong message. You can't get respect from your ballplayers when they know you are making non basketball move just to save money.  Sometimes you have to spend money before you win.  This team needs to wake up now. No one should feel safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think our play was a lot more cohesive tonight. Again, our offense is starting to click like a machine. The D just needs to get it going and we can string together some wins. 

OO was a lil fckin monster. He’s special.

We did miss Capela for sure. With Capela we win going away, easy.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I think our play was a lot more cohesive tonight. Again, our offense is starting to click like a machine. The D just needs to get it going and we can string together some wins. 

OO was a lil fckin monster. He’s special.

We did miss Capela for sure. With Capela we win going away, easy.

Problem with saying that about Capela is you have to add their guys back in to and with Chef + Wiggins that far out matches Capela.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Threezus said:

I honestly feel he is strong physically but he himself is soft.  he lacks the effort to use his natural real strength and because of this he plays soft.  It's what pisses me off so much about him because i know it's there i have seen it before.

Just watch Hunter high school tapes and yeah he's been passive. Skinny and passive. His nba muscle is fraud 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, terrell said:

Defensively we are zero without Capela.

Offensively we are victims of two guards chasing All Star nods and most of time playing 1 on 5 offense.

Trae is no better then Colin Sexton late in games, and DJM is his partner in this "my turn your turn" criminal offense. 

Sick of it.. 

The clutch ability Trae had at the start of his career is no longer there. He isn't this big 4th period player anymore.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

How would Trae have reacted if Nate had pulled him after he shot that 40 footer in over time. Would he have pouted the next game and refused to shoot or would he have just decided not to show up.  How would  some of the Squawkers on this board reacted if Trae was pulled ?

Time for the coaches to take this team back from a group of guys who think they are better than they are. They haven't accomplished anything in this league.  Catching lightning in a bottle once doesn't add up to much. I'm not totally down on this team from a talent point but they need to be coached and developed.  Some of these guys are no better than they were two years ago. 

There is little accountability for players in pro sports.

If they get mad they can just decide to not play hard and it will always fall on the coach or whatever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OO was on the bench for the final defensive play.

Is Nate stupid? I don’t understand. If I’m OO I stay on the damn court and say.. YOU WRONG COACH. Make it thing if it right there. Wtf how you gonna leave OO out the last play???? You not watching all the defensive plays he made during the game Nate? Fckin Nate.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Threezus said:

Problem with saying that about Capela is you have to add their guys back in to and with Chef + Wiggins that far out matches Capela.

Add them...

Our problem was rebounds.   You add their players... OK, they shoot well but how much will that take away from Klay?  Klay doesn't go for 52 if Chef and Wiggins are on the floor.   And with Clint on the floor on our sides, Looney's offensive rebound count disappears.  Their offense really couldn't have been much better.. but Clint would make our defense, especially our rebounding light years better...

7 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Strong organizations never discuss tanking.  They expect everyone to show up and compete every game. Look at the Steelers who started out 2 and 6. Tomlin and the Steelers organization refused to even consider tanking. Now they are 8 and 8 with a mediocre team. It's time to have some pride show up and leave it all on the floor.  If Nate isn't the coach then get someone in here that the players respect and listen to. If you don't want to play within the system then there is a seat on the bench for you while we find you a new home. No more trades like the Heurter trade. It sends the wrong message. You can't get respect from your ballplayers when they know you are making non basketball move just to save money.  Sometimes you have to spend money before you win.  This team needs to wake up now. No one should feel safe.

They had Trubisky at QB. It was self inflicted. I guess ours is self inflicted since we didn't resign Delon or keep Kevin because of the LT.

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Add them...

Our problem was rebounds.   You add their players... OK, they shoot well but how much will that take away from Klay?  Klay doesn't go for 52 if Chef and Wiggins are on the floor.   And with Clint on the floor on our sides, Looney's offensive rebound count disappears.  Their offense really couldn't have been much better.. but Clint would make our defense, especially our rebounding light years better...

You really think adding Wiggins and Steph would give us a chance against GS?

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Hawks are mid af at best. Said it early in the season and saying it again. Second half run to finish with a bottom seed and then get hammered by Boston/Milwaukke/Philly/Brooklyn incoming. This team really needs a top pick though because the talent is simply not up to snuff. Maybe if Cap played every game we could be a 4th a seed, but with Cap guaranteed to continue to struggle with his achilles from here up until he retires that is not a realistic scenario. Hopefully we don't settle for a mid core for 3-4 seasons too long like we did with the Joe Johnson - Millsap generation, but I get the feeling ownership would be more than thrilled to settle for that. 

• Like 4

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Hawks are mid af at best. Said it early in the season and saying it again. Second half run to finish with a bottom seed and then get hammered by Boston/Milwaukke/Philly/Brooklyn incoming. This team really needs a top pick though because the talent is simply not up to snuff. Maybe if Cap played every game we could be a 4th a seed, but with Cap guaranteed to continue to struggle with his achilles from here up until he retires that is not a realistic scenario. Hopefully we don't settle for a mid core for 3-4 seasons too long like we did with the Joe Johnson - Millsap generation, but I get the feeling ownership would be more than thrilled to settle for that. 

They not even as good as any of those teams 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Up 9 with 5:47 left to go in regulation and we proceed to piss it away with the stupid 5 minute ISO guard offense instead of doing what got us back in the game - getting in the paint.

We keep giving up rebounds like candy yet our bigs aren't in the game for critical plays. Collins didn't play the final 6+ minutes of the 4th and OO was on the bench for the final defensive play.

Crunch time...  Bogi shooting logo threes.   Nobody going inside. 

Honestly,   In a double overtime game, you can pin the loss on anybody.   BUT in this game, the culprit was the lack of rebounds and rebounding.   From DJ tipping it out to a wide open 3 pt shooter to Us not being able to stop Looney... We're out there with lack of fundamentals and effort. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This team bet on the wrong horses too much

A.J. Griffin is probably the first time they got it right. 

Bet on Trae over Luka

Bet on Cam which I would have too and failed. 

Bet on JC contract ext which I wouldn't have

Bet on the Murray trade which I would have too

Bet on trading Kevin and not resigned Delon 

They did win the Capela trade Bet 

And came out neutral on Hunter and Bogi

This team has to tank, if you don't, you get to a year where your picks go to SA and you can't tank or win 

Edited by NBASupes

We are through 37 games at 17-20 currently. 

There are 45 games left. We got time.

Thats the weird thing with the NBA season, it can dramatically swing one way to another with a few tweaks and health.

Of the 45 games remaining, realistically, we gotta go : 30-15.

Finish 47-35 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Justin Holiday 

5 minutes

-10 on the floor . . . with probably about 12 points scored on him.

I found it sorta cool how on Klay's 3 attempt that would've won it in 2OT, jhol was running away from Klay.  Then realized that was dumbarsery and also realized he didn't have time to turn and challenge the shot.  He just decided to throw his hands up, with his back to Klay, and back into him.

I guess it ultimately worked.  We just gotta reboard.

• Like 3