• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline 2023: February 9th.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is the best thing I've seen in weeks.  Can't stop laughing. 

I'm uneasy with this.  A lotta dudes can just jak up shots with no regard to winning.  Too much 'flowers' being blown this kid's way.  Last couple guys to take the league by storm, scoring wise, like this were Kendrick Nunn and Talen H Tucker.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves on this new Cam guy.  He may be a dude but Nunn was putting up scoring numbers that were compared to Wilt when he was a rookie. But no one even remembers that. 

Let's see what happens when teams develop a scouting reporting.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I wonder what the Cam Thomas Spurt over the last few games mean to the Nets. 

They have:

Bridges, Finney Smith, Simmons, Crowder, Johnson, Thomas, Oneal..

So let's say...

Finney Smith = PF

Bridges = SF

is your starters.   You still have Johnson = PF.    Simmons = PF.  Thomas = Sf.  Oneal = SF/PF.  Crowder = SF/PF.

Crowder and Simmons will be on the move.   Joe Harris and Possibly Seth Curry are their SGs. 

They need a SG. 

Dinnwiddie and Mills are their PGs..

They need a PG. 

The moves are not done fellas.

Nets trades mean the Hawks should move up a spot in the standings.  That said, the Nets won't go full tank because they don't own their picks. 

They will have the draft pick ammo to get a star in the off-season and now have some role players, if they keep them, to fit alongside that star.  But that is next year!

• Premium Member

Mikal Bridges drawing trade interest from Grizzlies and other teams

Several teams called the Nets to gauge the potential availability of forward Mikal Bridges, league sources told HoopsHype. One of the most notable teams to call was the Memphis Grizzlies, who have been engaged in trade talks for another wing on the trade market, Toronto Raptors swingman OG Anunoby. In separate trade talks for Bridges and Anunoby, the Grizzlies have tried to entice the Nets and Raptors with several first-round picks for each player, league sources told HoopsHype.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Packfill said:

That said, the Nets won't go full tank because they don't own their picks. 

Sidebar.... want to put an end to tanking?... there's a better way to get there, but the easiest way is this... teams don't own their own picks ever. (Someone else's idea originally, not mine, and it won the FiveThirtyEight contest a few years back.) In the version of the idea that I prefer, team GMs preseason take turns based on previous year's standings, selecting another team whose finish will dictate their own team's draft slot.

10 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Nets trades mean the Hawks should move up a spot in the standings.

Dunno. Maybe. But getting Bridges was big for them.

• Premium Member

Heat shopping Duncan Robinson but teams want multiple first-round picks to take on his contract

The Heat has explored trying to move Duncan Robinson, who’s in the second year of a five-year, $90 million contract. But his contract – combined with uncertainty over his status after finger surgery – have made that very, very difficult. Teams want multiple first-round picks in return, according to a source.

via Miami Herald
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

The trade season circus has us "keeping up the the Joneses."  Every time a team underperforms, it seems like TRADE is the only thing that can fix it.  What's often ignored is the "under" in underperform.  We expected to perform better because we ARE better. 

I sill like our team.  I think it's the mental game that's keeping us from our best. For me, it's the same as it was at the beginning of the season: we need a legit sniper in the starting lineup and we need to use him/Trae to space the floor from the perimeter.  Ideally, I'd also like to have a legit low post threat that we could inside/out with. I think that's where the championship conversation starts.

Somewhere in there is a formula for reconfiguring our front court while moving OO/JC/Cap.  If I had to keep somebody, I'd keep JC and get a stretch 5 - and yes, I'm saying I am team Deandre Ayton.  That goes for KAT/Embiid obviously, though I see those as less realistic and if possible, then ridiculously costly.  I would make the best move available now.

One other thing to add...nobody is going to make it easy for us to get Trae the help he needs.  This is why, along with coaching issues, front office issues, and an unappealing play in scenario, that I lean towards a lottery pick asset.

• Like 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Heat shopping Duncan Robinson but teams want multiple first-round picks to take on his contract

The Heat has explored trying to move Duncan Robinson, who’s in the second year of a five-year, $90 million contract. But his contract – combined with uncertainty over his status after finger surgery – have made that very, very difficult. Teams want multiple first-round picks in return, according to a source.

via Miami Herald

So Trae for Duncan then?

Heh, man a shoot-only guy coming off finger surgery?  Do they not see what finger injury did to Con Jollins' shooting?  Do they think folks are a dumb?  Friggin arrogant Heat.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

via Miami Herald

Might give you first round picks for David Robinson and Tim Duncan, even at their age, but this guy?   Nah.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
Just now, theheroatl said:

Hawks FO will get schooled. They are amateurs. There will be no trades because they think they can develop this group until they can’t.

Oh i think they are trying desperately to make a splashy trade.  Problem is they will just get used for leverage.