• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Athletic (Sam Amick): Nick Ressler runs the team now (The Resslers = Atlanta Spirit Group 2.0?) (OPEN THE FLOOD GATES Y'ALL)

GameTime

58 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't know about that.

One thing that Steve Koonin and the marketing team have done with Philips, err, State Farm Arena, is make it one of the best in-game experiences in the NBA.  The Hawks are mediocre as hell on the court, and have lost way too many winnable games at home.  Yet, they are 2nd in home attendance % only behind the Dallas Mavericks, at 102.9% capacity.  This means that Hawks games, from a ticket sales standpoint, are sold out nightly.

Hawks games are the place to be.  And if the product wins at home more than they lose, it gives incentive for the fans to come out, because the in-game experience is so good.

This is true, but let this losing continue for two or three seasons and you won't see the same results.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This is just my thoughts. Not from a source. Just me.

I think this is going to get so bad that Adam Silver steps in behind the scenes and "urges" Ressler to sell the Hawks with a new CBA coming. Ressler and his group will make a crap ton of money off the sale and we get new owners that will hire actual basketball people to run the franchise.

That's what I think will happen. I have zero confidence in Nick Ressler and his yes men. The fact he's an outright stan of Trae Young is frightening to me.

giphy.gif

Just when I thought Travis Schlenk was turning us around.... What have us Hawks fans done to deserve this punishment?

• Sad 4

50 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If you are a NBA 2k Gm you know that teams can't resist first rounders. Getting out of John's contract means aren't paying the LT next season either so Daddy is happy and you have first rounders to use for either trades or at worst take them. 

Trae has a powerful voice but Nick Ressler is the one running the show.

The fact a Hawks roster decision could be reliant on a game of NBA 2K MyNBA mode is something I never thought I could take seriously for an NBA team.....

giphy.gif

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, sturt said:

All you had to do was man-up and ask me to go.

That’s it? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Yes, please tell me this is a shenanigan. A big ruse. Led by the biggest jokester on this site... and you know who I'm talking about, of course... 😉

who?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

This is just my thoughts. Not from a source. Just me.

I think this is going to get so bad that Adam Silver steps in behind the scenes and "urges" Ressler to sell the Hawks with a new CBA coming. Ressler and his group will make a crap ton of money off the sale and we get new owners that will hire actual basketball people to run the franchise.

That's what I think will happen. I have zero confidence in Nick Ressler and his yes men. The fact he's an outright stan of Trae Young is frightening to me.

I have a similar opinion, but I don't think it's going to be Silver forcing a sale.  I think Ressler is in win-now mode because he's ready to cash in, and that is directly at odds with making sound FO decisions, so Schlenk and him obviously collided and Schlenk had to go.  Who better to run the team in the short term than family if your goal is to try to maximize the value of the franchise for a sale in a year or two.  I won't be surprised at all if the team is sold in the next 3 years, and that was the underlying disconnect between Schlenks vision for the team and Resslers.  It would make sense that an owner starts getting hands on when it's time to sell.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

My source told me in mid Dec there was an actual talk between Nick Ressler and other FO people that actually started with Ressler telling them he made a trade happen in NBA 2k and he wanted to know how they could make it in happen IRL. Nick was quite serious.

Source was not joking. That was when I knew this franchise is doomed until we get new owners or somehow Ressler pulls his head out of his ass and gets real basketball people to run this franchise.

giphy.gif

Let me laugh now and cry later.

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My source told me i

Need to stop 🛑. Ok your sauce didn’t but I’m telling you bro, I’m gonna have to unfollow you with all your bs insider stuff, it’s excessive..

oh oh I knew everything that has happened 3 months ago… 5 months ago.. 7 months ago..

image.gif.bf4108c4f7c601c33be5edc828b8d01b.gif

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Nick is a Hawksquawker/Reddit poster. Yeah, the Hawks are ruined. You can't be one of us and run this team. Most of us are stupid and don't understand modern Basketball. Travis does. Man, how you let your barely grown son run the one public franchise where everyone can see which can ruin your brand. 

My guy told me Travis did not want that trade. I just didn't know who overruled him. Sothron been saying what's been going on behind the scenes to us in DMs for away but this lines up to all he said. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Like all of us haven been saying, this  reeks of some ASG type ish.  My question though is...how can an owner sit at State Farm Arena and not see a prime chance to own a part of this city the way the Braves and Bulldogs do?  The Falcons could but their trajectory and front office are at least giving me solid reasons to believe they have something.  This "structure," not so much.

This team is not devoid of talent, but a few pieces and less FO drama would certainly do wonders.  Here's betting this structure is going to be azzzz.

These people don't give a shit. This is almost the worst possible scenario. This isn't about basketball, it's about money and power. It's about business.  You see this all the time in the corporate world. 

A leader that doesn't understand how the nuts and bolts of the business works...

Same guy yelling at people demanding results... 

Questionable decisions that have nothing to do with making the business run better... 

Running people off that actually do know how to make things work...

Unqualified stooges getting promotions that don't make sense... 

Executives that don't care about the product, throwing their weight around...

Lots of talk about cost and budgeting... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

Complete shitshow.

They better make this work or their cash cow Trae Young will be out of here in three years.

Nick is such a Hawksquawker. That stupid, we need another ball handler that idiots on here pushed is likely the same idiotic mess he pushed to the execs 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My source told me in mid Dec there was an actual talk between Nick Ressler and other FO people that actually started with Ressler telling them he made a trade happen in NBA 2k and he wanted to know how they could make it in happen IRL. Nick was quite serious.

Source was not joking. That was when I knew this franchise is doomed until we get new owners or somehow Ressler pulls his head out of his ass and gets real basketball people to run this franchise.

Never felt more disappointed 2k sports have stopped putting effort into their games. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

As I said, winning the Wemby or Scoot sweepstakes is the only lifeline we may have available. The ship is already sinking. People like me saw this months ago.

It makes sense now Supes. OMG it makes sense........ 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Nick is a Hawksquawker/Reddit poster. Yeah, the Hawks are ruined. You can't be one of us and run this team. Most of us are stupid and don't understand modern Basketball. Travis does. Man, how you let your barely grown son run the one public franchise where everyone can see which can ruin your brand. 

My guy told me Travis did not want that trade. I just didn't know who overruled him. Sothron been saying what's been going on behind the scenes to us in DMs for away but this lines up to all he said. 

Trae and Nick overruled him, that's who.. smh

• Like 1