• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Nice. Can they sustain it enough? I hope, but I doubt it.

download.jpg.9f235d98aa99325741de0ba98329835e.jpg

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Clipps have a lot of weapons. 

Led by Leonard and George... It's a lot. 

lol

Like clockwork..

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We're not taking nearly enough 3s as a team.  People hate the fact that Trae takes 3s off the dribble.  But if he takes them in rhythm, we need those shot attempts.

It's too hard in today's NBA to strictly rely on the amount of 2s we take, unless we're taking a ton of FTs.  And the only guy on the team that consistently gets to the line, is Trae.

Clippers have only made 1 more FG than us.  And we have 4 more made FTs than them.

But the 3 point disparity is killing us.

39 3s attempted by clips....26 for hawks.Hawks.

Can't have low attempts with low percentages.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Come on Hunter.  Can't be reaching like that.

He's one of the "most important pieces on this team"..  ..That should tell us everything about this Hawks squad..

MID

I don't like that we have talked Trae out of taking 3s as a fan base.

We are more okay with dejounte taking that contested 3, and that's a shame. 

Trae isn't shooting as well for the season, but he really can't get going. You can feel the collective josh smithesque gasp of the fans when he takes any 3.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

We gave a good effort but the Clipps are playing tough this season.    It's a disappointing loss.. but we have to get up and get ready for the next one. 

Monday, we get Portland. 

That Clippers team look like they can take the West.  IF they stay healthy, I can see them winning the West. 

3 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

I don't like that we have talked Trae out of taking 3s as a fan base.

We are more okay with dejounte taking that contested 3, and that's a shame. 

Trae isn't shooting as well for the season, but he really can't get going. You can feel the collective josh smithesque gasp of the fans when he takes any 3.

As the top guy on the team, he shouldn't worry about what the fans think.  I think this is more about Nate preaching attacking the basket and taking good shots.

The 3 point shot, specifically long 3s, has been a part of Trae's game since he got to middle school.  No matter what people say, he has to keep taking that shot when open.

If we're not going to devise an offense to get our shooters the ball, he must take his share of 3 point shots.

• Like 2

This Hawks team cant shoot at all. Good lord..

Trae only taking 2 3's tonight is telling..

His confidence is shot..

Hawks are done this season..

We just dont have enough firepower like last years squad to go on a crazy run to finish the reg season..

Playin it is........

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As the top guy on the team, he shouldn't worry about what the fans think.  I think this is more about Nate preaching attacking the basket and taking good shots.

The 3 point shot, specifically long 3s, has been a part of Trae's game since he got to middle school.  No matter what people say, he has to keep taking that shot when open.

If we're not going to devise an offense to get our shooters the ball, he must take his share of 3 point shots.

Trae isnt listening to the fans..  Thats absurd.. Ive been screaming stop it with the careless turnovers for years and he's still doing it... lol..

But seriously I think his confidence in his shot isnt there right now.. And that isnt good for us.. He needs to at least be a threat out there..