• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This was a game where the other team just shot lights out.  The Hawks could have played better defense, but Leonard was just so good last night, there wasn't much you could do. 

I think they are still playing better than they were at the beginning of the season. 

Dre was just back from his absence.  If we get regular Hunter shooting, I think we are in a better position to win the game.  Also, make those free throws. 

These next five games will probably dictate what may happen at the trade deadline.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, marco102 said:

This was a game where the other team just shot lights out.  The Hawks could have played better defense, but Leonard was just so good last night, there wasn't much you could do. 

I think they are still playing better than they were at the beginning of the season. 

Dre was just back from his absence.  If we get regular Hunter shooting, I think we are in a better position to win the game.  Also, make those free throws. 

These next five games will probably dictate what may happen at the trade deadline.

That's the thing.   Sometimes, you just get beat and it's not a whole lot you can do about it.   That was last night.   LAC is a top level team and when they are hitting their shots, I don't know if anybody can stand with them.   They weren't hitting all uncontested shots.  There were many shots where we were in position, hand up, great defense but as Nique says.. Better offense. 

Shit that Kawhi Leonard...   That damn guy is so much of a non-diva diva.    & PG13 is probably the most complete player in the NBA.   Unfortunately, this may be his last shot at a chip.   I would love for Trae to watch Leonard's demeanor.   He doesn't stand and argue with the ref.  He makes his point and moves on.   Next play.   I'm not saying that Trae is wrong but he has to get to the point to realize that the refs don't like him.

Glad we don't have to see that team again.   They were trying to help us at the end with all the turnovers.  But they have it.  If they stay healthy, it will be hard to keep them out of the finals. 

I couldn't listen to 12 pages of bitching about something that was not worthy of bitching.   So I applaud you guys for not being the bitches. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Oh hey Clippers, thanks for loading up against us but bending TF over for CLE.  

Yeah.. I saw where they rested Leonard, George, and Jackson.

They ought to be ashamed of themselves. 

LOAD MANAGEMENT

Best Management GIFs | Gfycat

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

It won't let me quote @JayBirdHawk but Brad Rowland has the best podcast on the Hawks, period. Check it out if you don't already. it is Locked On Hawks part of the Locked On (put in team name) network. There are some good podcasts in that network but the Hawks have honestly the best one. Brad does a podcast after pretty much every game plus other podcasts through the week and season and offseason. 

He's a good guy. Worth checking out. And FWIW I usually agree with his takes on the team. 

Brad's Braves podcast is top-notch as well.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Oh hey Clippers, thanks for loading up against us but bending TF over for CLE.  

We need an angry face emoji for reaction to posts because that's what I want to use. Not at you but in agreement with you. It is BS they start their guys against us but rest everyone against Cleveland.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Sothron said:

It won't let me quote @JayBirdHawk but Brad Rowland has the best podcast on the Hawks, period. Check it out if you don't already. it is Locked On Hawks part of the Locked On (put in team name) network. There are some good podcasts in that network but the Hawks have honestly the best one. Brad does a podcast after pretty much every game plus other podcasts through the week and season and offseason. 

He's a good guy. Worth checking out. And FWIW I usually agree with his takes on the team. 

While I don't listen to it anymore. He always had the best pod to me. I like the research he puts into his craft.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Nate has been out of touch on the importance of 3's for years.  This isn't even newsworthy because we knew this about Nate before he joined the team if we did even a little research on his offense and he has made that very clear in his interviews.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Nate has been out of touch on the importance of 3's for years.  This isn't even newsworthy because we knew this about Nate before he joined the team if we did even a little research on his offense and he has made that very clear in his interviews.

It's not just Nate though.  The team doesn't have good 3 point shooters.   Well it's just another example of our below average bench.  Batum and Powell are both over 40% for the season coming off the Clipper bench. 

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, AHF said:

Nate wasn't the one that traded one of our best 3 pt shooters away for Moe Harkless. 

IF NATE IS SO OUT OF TOUCH AND as you said "BEEN OUT OF TOUCH ON THE IMPORTANCE OF 3's FOR YEARS"... then how were we the #2 ranked 3pt% team last year???

Wasn't Nate coaching the Hawks last year?

28 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's not just Nate though.  The team doesn't have good 3 point shooters.   Well it's just another example of our below average bench.  Batum and Powell are both over 40% for the season coming off the Clipper bench. 

That's  a GM making moves to improve his team's ability.   Not a GM making moves to save LT dollars. 

• Premium Member

IN all practicality, we have traded places with the Kings in 3pt% over the past year.   Last year, they were where we are now and we are where they were last year. 

Personnel matters. 

The bulk of our three pointers are shot by:

1. Bogi
  2. Trae
  3. DJM

in that order.  Neither of them are shooting over 37% from three. 

Our best shooters are:

1. Frank
  2. AHoli
  3. AJ

All over 40% but AJ is the only one shooting more than 1.5 3pter per game. 

Hunter does alright and Collins is just now making a comeback...

Big Johnny's Jan. showed him going from 26% to 32.7% on the three ball.  

If I were to put it in Dieselputer, Dieselputer would say AJ should be the starting SG and DJ comes off the bench if you want to improve 3pt shooting.  I don't think that's a good political answer.  So then we key in on Bogi.  He's a 36.5% three point shooter this year.   If he could be traded, then his minutes go to AJ and that improves us some. 

Even if we don't trade Bogi, have him switch the playing time with AJ could help.   Right now, Bogi plays 30.7 mpg and AJ 20.8.  It's misleading because Bogi's mpg are inflated by the fact that when Hunter is out, Bogi starts and plays more starters minutes.  Based on the stats, that should be AJ.   Bogi isn't offering defense.   Bogi does get more assists but AJ has been used as an endpoint most of the time and doesn't have enough knowledge to be a creator yet. 

Bottom line if there's no trade for Bogi, play AJ more. 

18 hours ago, Sothron said:

Brad Rowland has the best podcast on the Hawks, period.

He trips over his own words and is a suck up brown noser to me. Aka

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

9 hours ago, Phunkabilly said:

Brad's Braves podcast is top-notch as well.

Lol I thought he didn’t know ish about basketball. Now he’s dippin his toes in baseball? 

STAY IN YO LANE KID.

• Like 1