• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Another 0 FT game from headband Murray.. smh

If Schlenk was right about one thing he was right about not wanted to give up all of our draft capital for Murray..

I like Murray, but Id rather have the picks back.. He's not moving the needle at all..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

In the modern NBA you simply cannot get outshot behind the three point line like this. Every night the Hawks are always outshot from three. 

There was what 12 more three pointers made by the Clippers than us? That's 36 points. You just can't make that up. 

This is one of the main reasons why Nate is going to be gone at the end of the season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, terrell said:

This Hawks team cant shoot at all. Good lord..

Trae only taking 2 3's tonight is telling..

His confidence is shot..

Hawks are done this season..

We just dont have enough firepower like last years squad to go on a crazy run to finish the reg season..

Playin it is........

He just went 3 - 6 from 3 the previous game.

His confidence isn't shot. He's trying to play like everyone wants him to play.

The minute he tried to take things into his own hands, the team started to come back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He just went 3 - 6 from 3 the previous game.

His confidence isn't shot. He's trying to play like everyone wants him to play.

The minute he tried to take things into his own hands, the team started to come back.

3-6 was good. But hes been struggling all year..

Everyone like who? Who is he listening to?

Edited by terrell

23 minutes ago, terrell said:

Another 0 FT game from headband Murray.. smh

If Schlenk was right about one thing he was right about not wanted to give up all of our draft capital for Murray..

I like Murray, but Id rather have the picks back.. He's not moving the needle at all..

The Hawks are -.3 points when he’s on the floor and +.2 when he’s off and the film says exactly that.  It’s almost fascinating how neutral of a player he’s been.  That’s the story of his career though he makes 0 impact look damn good lol.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

The Hawks are -.3 points when he’s on the floor and +.2 when he’s off and the film says exactly that.  It’s almost fascinating how neutral of a player he’s been.  That’s the story of his career though he makes 0 impact look damn good lol.

LF, NIck, and Trae GM took a chance on him...And it hasnt worked out.... Just dont compound things and max him when the time comes..  Id trade him 1st.. We have enough bad contracts on this roster already.. 

Murray is a good player but he isnt a max player imo.... Pop knew it.......

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

20 years ago he would have been viewed as a scorer of the bench probably. Now he is advertised as a superstar. Which has really isn't one.

Hawks got ripped off... To be fair, Schlenk would have blown the picks anyway.

Edited by Plainview1981

17 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

20 years ago he would have been viewed as a scorer of the bench probably. Now he is advertised as a superstar. Which has really isn't one.

He got JJ and AJ right.. At least I hope so.... Things were looking up for Travis... lol

Edited by terrell

18 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

The word "superstar" gets used too loosely nowadays.. 

• Premium Member

5-0 followed by 1-3.

2-3 or anything less in these next 5, to my mind, will mean a significant deal goes down ahead of the deadline....

3-2, a minor one...

4-1, conceivably stand pat, though still probably looking at a minor something...

5-0 stand pat almost certainly.

2023-01-28_21-56-59.png

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

In the modern NBA you simply cannot get outshot behind the three point line like this. Every night the Hawks are always outshot from three. 

There was what 12 more three pointers made by the Clippers than us? That's 36 points. You just can't make that up. 

This is one of the main reasons why Nate is going to be gone at the end of the season. 

It's too bad that Nate doesn't have a guy like Red Velvet that can give him 20+ minutes.   I got to ask... how well are those LT savings playing these days?

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

I don't like that we have talked Trae out of taking 3s as a fan base.

We are more okay with dejounte taking that contested 3, and that's a shame. 

Trae isn't shooting as well for the season, but he really can't get going. You can feel the collective josh smithesque gasp of the fans when he takes any 3.

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As the top guy on the team, he shouldn't worry about what the fans think.  I think this is more about Nate preaching attacking the basket and taking good shots.

The 3 point shot, specifically long 3s, has been a part of Trae's game since he got to middle school.  No matter what people say, he has to keep taking that shot when open.

If we're not going to devise an offense to get our shooters the ball, he must take his share of 3 point shots.

I happened to be at tonight’s game. I haven’t really gone to any this season but on this topic of Trae shooting 3s and what the fam base thinks….I would say we have to be careful with what we read online from the fanbase compared to what the fans in the State Farm arena are saying (at least tonight).
i was in the 110 section this game and I walked to some other sections as well greeting and catching up with some distant friends and believe it or not I only heard fans saying….

“Shoot it Trae”

”dammit…shoot the ball Trae” 

“Trae please shoot it!”

There was no Josh smith reaction on the 3s he did take but there were plenty of sighs when he went to the goal and got fouled but no call.

I don’t think Trae is listening to the fan base but I do think something was definitely said internally about Trae launching shots and perhaps Trae is trying to adjust to his teammates and coaches but as a fan it’s so obvious that he was going to be aggressive and put his head down spearheading to the rim to the point where it feels like the clippers were ready for it.

I don’t have any words on tonight’s loss but I’m tired of seeing capela not play when we need him against these bigger centers ….poor OO and JC did all they could cs Zubiac but there’s only so much one can do when they lack that much size.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nate goofed up!  He broke his own golden rule!  He played ten players last night!

The combination of two players made up the real #9 (Because he doesn't do 10).

Johnson + Holliday = 9th man.

Combined, they played 10 minutes. They had 7 points.  Johnson was (+1) and Holliday was (+3).  They were the only Hawk players who had a (+) for the game.

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:  Way to go 9th men!

16 hours ago, kg01 said:

This will be a very different team than the one we beat a while ago.

My prediction?  Well let's just say 'if rap was a game, I'd be MVP.  Most valuable poet on tha m.i.c.'

10 pts if you get the reference.  I'm expecting @MaceCase to know this one or I'm pullin' his 90's NY hip hop membership card. 

For hip hop 90’s I’m your guy. Maybe Mace too but I’m available more often while he’s instructing his Lupe.

• Like 1