• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogi Extended - 4 years / $68m

theheroatl

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I also have to speculate and this is purely MY speculation nothing I've heard but if Quin wants DJM full time at PG, AJ develops as starting 2 with Bogi as sixth man...and Trae is traded to recoup draft picks and bring in younger talent.

Then Quin is failing if that's the game plan.

One of the things about Murray as the PG, is that he got a ton of assists off of transition, and not necessarily in the half court offense.  We're seeing Murray's tendency in the half court offense. He's a shoot first guy, that is barely a mid level facilitator in the half court.

Trae is a shoot first guy, who can also facilitate at a high level in the half court offense.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

a very team friendly contract

As long as one assumes his knees are all good.

Everyone good with that assumption?

Coz if not, it's a trade filler contract that ends up costing draft picks to move.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I also have to speculate and this is purely MY speculation nothing I've heard but if Quin wants DJM full time at PG, AJ develops as starting 2 with Bogi as sixth man...and Trae is traded to recoup draft picks and bring in younger talent.

I just don't see it. I wanted the trade for DJ and still take no issue with it, but I'm not convinced based on how DJ has played in 6 of Quin's 8 games that he can come to that conclusion. Then add to it, if AJ is seen as the starting SG (fir next season I presume), he's not currently even get minutes off the bench. That's to mind warping for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Some more research needed, but after reading this Bogi might not have any trade restrictions.

Bogi isn't getting 5% raises since he has a declining contract and he only making 700K more that his current contract. Does the 3/4 years make the difference in trade eligibility?

When a veteran signs an extension, the size and length of the extension determine trade eligibility. Teams are permitted to extend-and-trade players, but such extensions are limited to no more than a five percent raise and two additional seasons.

Then there's the other Bogdanovich 

Bojan Bogdanovic recently signed an extension with the Detroit Pistons that raised his salary from $19.6 million to $20 million with two additional years. He can be traded again without restriction. 

More info needed. Anyone? Anyone?

4 hours ago, JTB said:

Embiid is going to push his way to Miami as soon as Harden goes back to HOU this upcoming offseason just like your source reported.

I know @kg01 listens to nba radio just like me and there was a nba journalist/reporter or something about 2 days ago on the show with Eddie & Turmney and he said it in so many words but just didn’t name Miami as the destination but we all know that’s where Embiid wants to go if Harden leaves. He wants to play with butler.

I think we have a better chance at getting KAT then Embiid…heck I wouldn’t trade Embiid for Trae and I love Trae but let’s be real lol 

I've already broken that's where Embiid would like to go and for reasons like that. To play with Jimmy but that said, Trae Young is a face of a franchise player and it wouldn't shock me if Philly decided to take Trae and picks over Adebayo and picks because Trae is locked in for more years. He's better at selling tickets. Gives Philly a chance to rebuild around him whereas with Adebayo, you are capped at or around .500. For 24-25, Philly only has Tucker and Jaden Springer under contract and Maxey is the only one they want to keep. We all know Tucker is going out with Embiid. 

If I can get, Trae, OO (20 mil), picks, and Maxeys cap hold, that gives me nearly 80-100 million of cap space. That's massive and gives you a lot of flexibility. 

Look at all of the FAs you got in 2024-25: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2024/

It will be interesting. You can't go wrong if you are Philly. Miami got more draft assets Abit you want the later ones but Atlanta can give you Trae and OO. That's two studs. Miami only has one stud you covet. 

• Like 1

I still like @TheNorthCydeRises idea of Hunter at the 2 if it means Murray at the 1, Bey at the 3 on offense and 4 on defense and JJ vice versa, with OO at the five. That unit with Embiid at the 5 is insane defensively and perfectly spaced offensively. 

That size will be crazy

6'6 185

6'8 228

6'6 230

6'9 220

7'2 305

Then you got Griffin, Bogi, possibly Tucker, and Bruno off the pine. We just need a backup PG and that's a legit title team because the spacing and fit is insane around Embiid and the defensive versatility is freaking insane. Especially if JJ continues serious growth at defending on the perimeter. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I still like @TheNorthCydeRises idea of Hunter at the 2 if it means Murray at the 1, Bey at the 3 on offense and 4 on defense and JJ vice versa, with OO at the five. That unit with Embiid at the 5 is insane defensively and perfectly spaced offensively. 

That size will be crazy

6'6 185

6'8 228

6'6 230

6'9 220

7'2 305

Then you got Griffin, Bogi, possibly Tucker, and Bruno off the pine. We just need a backup PG and that's a legit title team because the spacing and fit is insane around Embiid and the defensive versatility is freaking insane. Especially if JJ continues serious growth at defending on the perimeter. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_3-17-2023_3-00-42AM.png

• Moderators

I’m mixed on this one due almost exclusively to Bogi’s knees.  I don care how clean his report came back anyone with his history is an elevated risk to miss significant time.  I do LOVE the fact that year 4 is an option.  It significantly limits the downside risk.

• Like 4

I like this roster, this new front office and our new coach. 

I just hope it all works, would suck even though on paper we should be a top 5 team but for some reason never get there.

Im glad Bogi is locked up but I hope his knees hold out andvwe do need another long shooter on the roster. 

So I guess keeping him long term is better then another Hueter situation. Huerter though was pretty bad in defense and never went to tje free throw line so he had some major faults fir this team.

38 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Thats horrible, would be silly to gut our young roster like that.

JoeLLLL sounds great and all on paper.  But there's a reason he's never been past the 2nd round despite being the arguabke most dominant big since Shaq.  And it's not always (insert teammate's name) fault, as he wants everyone to believe.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

JoeLLLL sounds great and all on paper.  But there's a reason he's never been past the 2nd round despite being the arguabke most dominant big since Shaq.  And it's not always (insert teammate's name) fault, as he wants everyone to believe.

Ya'll are delusional. You get Joel with maximized spacing and defense and size all over, you aren't losing. PERIOD! 

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Embiid needs a bonafide 2nd option type player like Trae does.  Preferably a high level guard.  Harden fits good with him because James is a very good passer in the half court offense and can shoot the 3, which allows Embiid to roam the middle out to the 3 point line.

I'm almost anti-trade Trae for just about any player in the league.  But if you're talking about Giannis or Embiid, I don't know how you pass that up while also giving up young pieces. 

As of right now, we're stuck in quicksand until one of the pieces on the team improves rapidly to help Trae out.  We thought Murray could be the guy ( and still can ), but he needs some changes in his game to serve the team better.

Preferably, Hunter needs to be the guy that takes that big leap to being a borderline All-Star player. That way, we have the big wing that could be a force offensively while also improving his defene.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I've already broken that's where Embiid would like to go and for reasons like that. To play with Jimmy but that said, Trae Young is a face of a franchise player and it wouldn't shock me if Philly decided to take Trae and picks over Adebayo and picks because Trae is locked in for more years. He's better at selling tickets. Gives Philly a chance to rebuild around him whereas with Adebayo, you are capped at or around .500. For 24-25, Philly only has Tucker and Jaden Springer under contract and Maxey is the only one they want to keep. We all know Tucker is going out with Embiid. 

If I can get, Trae, OO (20 mil), picks, and Maxeys cap hold, that gives me nearly 80-100 million of cap space. That's massive and gives you a lot of flexibility. 

Look at all of the FAs you got in 2024-25: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2024/

It will be interesting. You can't go wrong if you are Philly. Miami got more draft assets Abit you want the later ones but Atlanta can give you Trae and OO. That's two studs. Miami only has one stud you covet. 

Yeah it’s no question Embiid is better than Trae but a team of Murray and Embiid as best players in my opinion doesn’t necessarily make us championship contenders.

I’d much rather keep Trae and pair with Embiid but that’s nearly impossible of course.

what about the fact that Embiid is going from 29 to 30 ????….Embiid is injury prone. Are we really willing to trade away a young star in Trae who hasn’t hit prime years yet for Embiid who’s in his prime but for how much longer? 

It wouldn’t surprise me if Embiid started to look like like himself in the next 3 seasons.

The window for Embiid is small is my point and if we can’t keep Trae while getting him then it’s questionable move. Embiid has harden right now and I seriously doubt they get out of rd 2….we think Murray will do more than Harden with Embiid?

• Like 2

SMDH....It doesn't matter how good the contract is if you can't count on him to be on the floor.  This is a 180 from what the team was thinking pre-Huerter trade.  You had Huerter at almost this exact same money locked up.

Compound stupidity.  If he's healthy/plays/great contract. If he's out or shell-Bogi....really really dumb.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, thecampster said:

SMDH....It doesn't matter how good the contract is if you can't count on him to be on the floor.  This is a 180 from what the team was thinking pre-Huerter trade.  You had Huerter at almost this exact same money locked up.

Compound stupidity.  If he's healthy/plays/great contract. If he's out or shell-Bogi....really really dumb.

I agree. Why didn't we just keep Kevin and let Bogi walk? Kevin is younger and not as injury prone. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah it’s no question Embiid is better than Trae but a team of Murray and Embiid as best players in my opinion doesn’t necessarily make us championship contenders.

I’d much rather keep Trae and pair with Embiid but that’s nearly impossible of course.

what about the fact that Embiid is going from 29 to 30 ????….Embiid is injury prone. Are we really willing to trade away a young star in Trae who hasn’t hit prime years yet for Embiid who’s in his prime but for how much longer? 

It wouldn’t surprise me if Embiid started to look like like himself in the next 3 seasons.

The window for Embiid is small is my point and if we can’t keep Trae while getting him then it’s questionable move. Embiid has harden right now and I seriously doubt they get out of rd 2….we think Murray will do more than Harden with Embiid?

Modern Basketball is a team sport. It's not about 2 as much as it's about 3-10. We get 3-10 right. We can win a title. As much as I love the improvement I've seen from Trae of late, I would take Embiid in a second. Best player in the NBA. 

We been talking about that 2-4 Hunter, Bey, JJ grouping and they have exceptional potential. Pair them with Embiid. You can't run that zone at all and defense would be insane. 

Sign me up. I've stated this often, I want Atlanta to win titles. I never said I only want to win with Trae. I would rather keep Trae than trade him by a mile but if I can get the best player in the NBA. You would be a fool to turn that down. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thecampster said:

But Huerter wasn't as good off the bench as Bogi was or even close. As a starter, he was better but his defense with Trae was super ass. He just couldn't fit with Trae the way he fits with Fox and we had Capela at Center, not Sabonis. So we just couldn't get the most out of Kevin unfortunately.

I would have taken Bogi over Kevin too. The fact is, I would have wanted more for Kevin than they got.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Embiid needs a bonafide 2nd option type player like Trae does.  Preferably a high level guard.  Harden fits good with him because James is a very good passer in the half court offense and can shoot the 3, which allows Embiid to roam the middle out to the 3 point line.

I'm almost anti-trade Trae for just about any player in the league.  But if you're talking about Giannis or Embiid, I don't know how you pass that up while also giving up young pieces. 

As of right now, we're stuck in quicksand until one of the pieces on the team improves rapidly to help Trae out.  We thought Murray could be the guy ( and still can ), but he needs some changes in his game to serve the team better.

Preferably, Hunter needs to be the guy that takes that big leap to being a borderline All-Star player. That way, we have the big wing that could be a force offensively while also improving his defene.

Ya'll value Trae on this site so much more than I do. This is a no brainer to me.