• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

38 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Easy @JayBirdHawk He has an agenda against John Collins!  Sorry @AHF  I had to do it!  LOL!

ALL of the starters were in the minus besides DJM, but whatever...

Bench won the game like I said...

Cant believe yall are so butthurt about this.. lol

Wasnt a jab at JC or CC at all... Geez.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Murray padding those stats at the end to ice the game.

MVP is Holiday though.  His minutes on the floor is virtually the difference in the game.

This...

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The answer for Mathews is to play better defense...He is an atrocious defender

giphy.gif

Haven't looked at any of his defensive stats, but Mathews does a really good job of anticipating opponents moves, hence his penchant for drawing offensive fouls. Not the quickest guy, certainly, but his effort is exceptional

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

But John led the team in scoring Mister offense 1st @terrell

Peo came out of hibernation when JC finally started playing better.. lol

But Im the one that has an Ag...da.. smh

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

"He doesn't put up with anything, and that's the kinda guy I respect."

How long til that gains the reaction among fans, "Damn, Quin doesn't bend enough. He's too married to his own philosophies. He needs to be willing to listen to his players more. It's not like it was when he was playing the game."

Hopefully never. But what've you done for us lately is a pretty clear theme of NBA fans, and ours are no exception.

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The answer for Mathews is to play better defense...He is an atrocious defender

The team as a whole are atrocious on defense.  Even in a win, we gave up 130 points tonight.

Hawks were 1 - 10 before tonight, in games in which we've given up 130+ points.

We're 2 - 25 in the past 4 years, when we give up 130+ points 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It wasn’t a perfect game….but it was a game we needed to win and we handled business (something this team has a hard time of doing). The bench has been much better than the starters lately. Shout out to Matthews who played great and played better defense than Bey lol…he has more potential right now than Bey honestly. The starters gotta figure out how to get going for these last few games. The Trae tech was inexcusable, and Trae has to control himself because if he gets suspended during this period, we will be out the play-in.

special shout out to Aaron Holiday who has been awesome these past few games on his defense and scoring when he can.

Edited by givemesome1ce1
  • Like 2

The Hawks’ depth is great based on the original “vision” when your owner is hell bent on staying under the tax.  Jalen and Aaron are too impactful for DNPs in the regular season, both have positive on court +/- per 100.  So many starters in the league on decent teams or better who don’t.  And I assure you AJ (+2.1, only second to Bey’s small sample on the team) is the best player in the league slotted on a third unit.  I give Quin a pass as he’s trying to do a lot in a short amount of time and Bey did come on like gangbusters.  It’s just that I personally wouldn’t dream of sitting AJ’s elite open shot and feel, Aaron’s insistence on keeping his man in front and turnover avoidance, and Jalen’s heavily-needed auxiliary playmaking as a Big and his hops.  I’ll live with their shortcomings thank you.

Bench is near-elite, similar to the Gallo-led Bench Mob that was arguably the best.  For example they’d totally smoke Denver’s second unit.  OO is making up for his slow start to the season.  I’ll enjoy him while I can, the trade requests are gonna be on fire by next season’s deadline. 

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3