• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

I didn’t think the Trae tech was anything reckless, the distance was pretty far and the ref was looking.  He didn’t hit him in the head or anything.  The NBA soft as f&@k though latest news flash.

Now the kicking out the leg and immediately complaining for a foul was usual Trae bozo sh!t lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Bench is near-elite

That's a little much, imo. To earn that descriptor, I have to see them do what they did against a .440 W/L% team to a number of .500 or better teams.

Should have about 5 opportunities yet to show that in the regular season.

The bench is elite when they’re shooting well…problem is that most of the bench are terrible defenders. If we add two good wings defenders that can improve our perimeter defense, this bench and our roster and general would be really really good. We solved the shooting problem now we have to hope our younger players develop defensively and gets some defense next season.

also, an actual point guard from the bench so dejounte would not have to so many minutes. I think that’s contributing to why dejounte has been playing so poorly recently.

Edited by givemesome1ce1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Any win for this Hawks team is a great win. I would love to see this team peel off like 10 straight wins or something like that to finish the regular season strong and we go into the play in/playoffs with some momentum.

And I have to add, man, I am really tired of Trae being immature. He's not a rookie any more. That excuse doesn't fly when you are an All NBA player and a young veteran. This is about his personality needing to change. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

The bench is elite when they’re shooting well…problem is that most of the bench are terrible defenders. If we add two good wings defenders that can improve our perimeter defense, this bench and our roster and general would be really really good. We solved the shooting problem now we have to hope our younger players develop defensively and gets some defense next season.

also, an actual point guard from the bench so dejounte would not have to so many minutes. I think that’s contributing to why dejounte has been playing so poorly recently.

Aholi = PG from the Bench. 

Hunter = Defensive wing.    Yeah... maybe he shouldn't be starting over Bey?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

And I have to add, man, I am really tired of Trae being immature. He's not a rookie any more. That excuse doesn't fly when you are an All NBA player and a young veteran.

This is new NBA BS...  Ja Morant, Luka Doncic, Dillion Brooks.... all suffer from the same disease.  Immaturity. 

I don't want to be the one to say Shut up and play.. but maybe you need anger management classes.  I just hope he doesn't come out today with some passive aggressive BS. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Once again, just in case you think I just pull stuff out of thin air . . .

image.thumb.png.3c20756ba3ff089877663640dbbaca19.png

Before yesterday, we were 2 - 5 in games that Trae didn't play in this season.  Now we're 3 - 5.

While you are correct about ball movement in general, the players still have to make open shots, whether they get the ball via ball movement, or if they get an open shot via a Trae Young pass.

And if you think that the team might be better with Murray running the show, explain this . . .

image.thumb.png.933792a58705e81143974978d1c42222.png

Everyone above the red line, has a ( + ) on/off rating for the season.  Everybody below has a ( - ) on/off rating.

Do you know why Murray has a ( -5.0 ) rating compared to Trae's ( +2.6 ) rating . . . despite when Murray and Trae are paired with each other, their rating is still ( + )?

image.thumb.png.005f255697d04574693fbd8c1691c3e3.png

What does this indicate to you? 

Or maybe this will tell a better story.

image.thumb.png.779c6152fc9f0780a01e892e0e0037e0.png

The problem with the "eye test", is that people will "cherry pick" what they want to see, and turn it into "their truth". 

But the eye test can and WILL lie to you.

Score board.  DJM only hits positive metrics with Trae on the floor.  The bench unit with Trae >>>> bench unit with DJM.  Defense and selfish play myths exposed.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Most good bench defenders really suck on offense. The NBA has a limited supply on decent two way players and the price for average two way players like Vassel for the Spurs is really really high. 

56 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Once again, just in case you think I just pull stuff out of thin air . . .

image.thumb.png.3c20756ba3ff089877663640dbbaca19.png

Before yesterday, we were 2 - 5 in games that Trae didn't play in this season.  Now we're 3 - 5.

While you are correct about ball movement in general, the players still have to make open shots, whether they get the ball via ball movement, or if they get an open shot via a Trae Young pass.

And if you think that the team might be better with Murray running the show, explain this . . .

image.thumb.png.933792a58705e81143974978d1c42222.png

Everyone above the red line, has a ( + ) on/off rating for the season.  Everybody below has a ( - ) on/off rating.

Do you know why Murray has a ( -5.0 ) rating compared to Trae's ( +2.6 ) rating . . . despite when Murray and Trae are paired with each other, their rating is still ( + )?

image.thumb.png.005f255697d04574693fbd8c1691c3e3.png

What does this indicate to you? 

Or maybe this will tell a better story.

image.thumb.png.779c6152fc9f0780a01e892e0e0037e0.png

The problem with the "eye test", is that people will "cherry pick" what they want to see, and turn it into "their truth". 

But the eye test can and WILL lie to you.

This board is litter with that tho. Just a post above, you got Diesel talking about starting Bey over Hunter in a post that says the opposite of what he's saying. The Squawk is and will likely always be agenda laden and it was like this 10 years ago and it's like that today. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sturt said:

That's a little much, imo. To earn that descriptor, I have to see them do what they did against a .440 W/L% team to a number of .500 or better teams.

Should have about 5 opportunities yet to show that in the regular season.

Granted.  All the bench guys figure prominently in the Hawks’ 3 best 100 poss lineups tho.  Small sample but the point differential is explosive:

ABBBFA7C-33EA-438D-8722-27A9D178BEE6.thumb.jpeg.b8298d430c915ac8e22282295b71da21.jpeg

(Notice how I’ve clicked every player’s personal page except Justin lol)

No lineup is perfect but a solid coach should be able to do significant damage with those 6 when healthy, the logjam is a nice problem to have.  As long as Aaron, Jalen, and OO are connected defensively (and boxing out most importantly), I’m giving Bogi, AJ, and Bey free rein to hunt rhythm threes.  I love how all three have a little pump fake, ability to step in and create or play make a little off a bad close out , good movement skills to space, and side step to manufacture them.  And no unnecessarily long threes unless they’re truly feeling it.

That three Garrison hit yesterday near the sideline with the uninformed screener was epic lol.

I’m straight on DJ no matter the unit.  Team-worst on/off net by far at -5 and it looks like it on the floor.  Dude plays too many minutes to never cut or get to the line and get blown by consistently.  I’m certainly no Trae fan either but his shot creation passing and FT rate impact blows anything DJ can bring out the water.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

It makes this old man wonder:

Trae played  21 minutes, hit 1 three, had 14 points - -Left with the score tied. (-8)

AH played 12 minutes, hit 2 of 3 from three, had 7 points.  (+10)  Hawks win!

Holiday has always been a real pest on defense.  Mathews, 0017 & Aaron did shine last night.

Another odd starting time tonight - 6 PM - on back to back games with Atlanta @ .500 again!

And yeah the Pacers need to pack it in.  Earlier they looked like they had a punchers chance to win nightly if Turner could hit a couple threes.  Without him it’s a wrap.  Even with ole boy having a career game they still looked messy.  Playing 2 rookie wings heavy minutes with Hield who’s abysmal defensively and Haliburton who’s passable at best is no bueno.  Nesmith seems to have a little defensive potential.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

And I have to add, man, I am really tired of Trae being immature. He's not a rookie any more. That excuse doesn't fly when you are an All NBA player and a young veteran. This is about his personality needing to change. 

I’ve been beating that drum all season, but very few here wanted to listen.  I fully expect @macdaddy to come in here any minute and post that it wasn’t a big deal, every one acts like that and do you guys remember that time in 1985 when Magic Johnson threw a hard bounce pass at a ref.

Trae is an immature clown, time for everyone here to accept it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

Any win for this Hawks team is a great win. I would love to see this team peel off like 10 straight wins or something like that to finish the regular season strong and we go into the play in/playoffs with some momentum.

Hopefully Quin puts and end to Trae childish BS.. Thank God we hired him midseason so he could see it first hand and nip it in the bud.....

Its time to grow up....

• Like 3