• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You sure?  1-3 with that guy and 1-0 without on the road no doubt.

With better defense in the 2nd half

No Im not sure of anything, but Im hopeful.. lol

Hes has a good posteason overall..

Hopefully he comes to play...

He should be well rested....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I still don't 100% agree with this statement that if you would rather trade or upgrade a player to a better player. That makes you not a fan of the team you cheer for.  Like if i wanted to trade Trae for Embidd or trade Trae for Giannis, or even to a lesser extent trade Trae for Jaylon Brown.    That still 100% means you are a fan of a team just that you think you can have a better team overall with a different type of player.    You can still support and cheer for a player while they are here to do well and even like the player.  But telling someone they aren't a fan for wanting to improve their team is just crazy to me and always has been. 

I don't want to speak for Soth, but I think it's implied that we're not getting any of those three guys back in a trade for Trae.  Most trades for Trae would likely not be an upgrade is the implication.  

• Premium Member
Just now, LongTimeFan said:

I don't want to speak for Soth, but I think it's implied that we're not getting any of those three guys back in a trade for Trae.  Most trades for Trae would likely not be an upgrade is the implication.  

We could probably get Jaylen Brown... but why would we do that?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Thank you. It would be like saying "Well Soth, now, if they invent a time machine and we can trade Trae Young for Larry Bird or Michael Jordan or Wilt or Kareem you wouldn't do that trade?"

Slight humor intended.

• Like 1

Which im fine with someone saying that and i dang sure wouldn't trade Trae for anything i considered a downgrade.  If i can't get another star thats considered = or better value in a bigger trade then i would NEVER make the trade.  I like Trae as a person and a player in general i just think with the right type of player you can build a championship team easier.  

• Like 1

Just now, Sothron said:

Thank you. It would be like saying "Well Soth, now, if they invent a time machine and we can trade Trae Young for Larry Bird or Michael Jordan or Wilt or Kareem you wouldn't do that trade?"

Slight humor intended.

So if i wanted Jaylon brown for Trae would that make me not a Hawks fan?  Thats about as = to trade value as you can get i think. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just in case you weren’t certain ESPN had this as a Celtics win here is a line from their current recap:

Ummm….

image.gif

I see Jameer Nelson's sportswriting internship isn't going too well.

~s33y0u1inth3s3c0ndr0und

• Haha 2