Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

Just now, Sothron said:

Honestly, yes. Trae is a superstar. Brown is not. There is a real, tangible difference between superstar and star level players. 

See as players i actually view them both as star players.  I actually view Brown as a better player overall as both of them are really good offensively but i think Brown is the better overall player adding in his defense.  I have both of them as top 20 players with Brown being the better of the 2.  

So with that said you can honestly just say it's fan preference on how they see a player and the type of player they prefer.  That for sure doesn't mean you are not a fan of the team like you said just because you think a player is more of a star than the other fan thinks. 

I'll also go on to say i would bet if you put a poll out there who is more of a star and better player i think Brown would win that poll outside of Hawks fans.  If you take our bias away from our own players and let people vote on it that isn't a Celtics or Hawks fan.     I think it would be close but i think Brown would win it.

I thought Jaylen played pretty exceptional tonight. 35 on 15/23 shooting is good stuff. Trae played better down the stretch which was the difference. 

Not gonna trash JB too much because I think he’s a Hawk one day. IF we come back and win this series Boston will have some soul searching to do. But that’s a conversation for another day lol

Awesome win!!!

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae will always lose these polls so it's pointless.

But right now we talking bout

THIS HAWKS BIG WIN!!!!

I have no problem talking about the hawks big win and am stoked Trae showed out and pretty much won it for us in the 4th.   I just don't like it when people call people not a fan of teams just because you think you can upgrade the team.  Thats disrespectful to a persons fandom and is a terrible thing to do imo.  Unless you are strictly trashing on the team itself no matter what they do and trolling you shouldn't question someones fandom for their team it's a big pet peeve of mine.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sothron said:

In all sincerity:

If you still want to trade Trae Young you are not a Hawks fan. Not a real one. You are either so wrapped up in your agenda you can't admit you were wrong or you are just here to spout nonsense to basically troll the board.

Not calling anyone out by name so don't get offended. Just being honest with how I feel. Trae Young is the only superstar we've had since Nique. That's a ride or die choice as a franchise and as a fan.

Getting Snyder has been a gift from God, no lie, with this team, this franchise and most importantly our face of the franchise. Trae has bought in completely with Quin as has the rest of the team. You can literally see it in their faces during the game, interviews and timeouts in the huddles.

Woah Nelly. You confusing a few good playoff games with the overall history of how Trae plays.  You can't sustain wins or build a championship depending on Trae taking 3 pointers.  Milwaukee isn't a one man show. Boston isn't a one man show.  You are confusing folks knowledge of how to play the game with them having a "agenda".  Basketball is a team sport.  It ain't tennis or golf.  What frustrates me is Trae CAN play team ball but his history has not been that.  Trae has had a fabulous series overall against Boston. But this is more than Trae Young.  I hate the offenses that the Hawks run.  

Boston is gonna come out in game 6 and trap Trae as soon as he hits the half court line.  Does Quin have a counter?  Its a team game.  If Trae could prove me wrong and win a championship scoring 30 points off three pointers I would gladly say I'm wrong.   I been watching pro basketball since 1978 and I have YET to see one player dominate the ball and win a championship.  In fact, thats how the BIG 3 came about with Lebron James.  He couldn't do it until he went to Miami and got help.  NBA basketball is a very hard game and its a very balanced league from top to bottom.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

Just now, ShooterSays said:

I thought Jaylen played pretty exceptional tonight. 35 on 15/23 shooting is good stuff. Trae played better down the stretch which was the difference. 

Not gonna trash JB too much because I think he’s a Hawk one day. IF we come back and win this series Boston will have some soul searching to do. But that’s a conversation for another day lol

Awesome win!!!

Now by god if we can pair Trae + JB then thats some serious business and we are on to something.  I think he is one of the perfect type of ppl to pair with Trae.   

actually i would love to know who the best offball 2 way player their is in the league to pair with Trae.   Who is a elite scorer without the ball most the time and also a 2 way guy?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

ou can't sustain wins or build a championship depending on Trae taking 3 pointers.  Milwaukee isn't a one man show. Boston isn't a one man show. 

Well, Boston hasn't won shit yet!!!

Ok... Clear.

The idea that Trae can't lead a championship team is dumb.  Give him some players.   You make the point right here..  Nobody says that Trae has to be a 1 man show.  Give him some players.   Give him some reliable players and let's see what we can do...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, terrell said:

😂

You ain't said nothing wrong here i don't know why those idiots keep doing it to him.  That man goes Jordan and i took that personal mode EVERY SINGLE TIME.   Just shut your mouth and you probably have a better chance to beat him most the time XD

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Woah Nelly. You confusing a few good playoff games with the overall history of how Trae plays.  You can't sustain wins or build a championship depending on Trae taking 3 pointers.  Milwaukee isn't a one man show. Boston isn't a one man show.  You are confusing folks knowledge of how to play the game with them having a "agenda".  Basketball is a team sport.  It ain't tennis or golf.  What frustrates me is Trae CAN play team ball but his history has not been that.  But this is more than Trae Young.  I hate the offenses that the Hawks run. 

Boston is gonna come out in game 6 and trap Trae as soon as he hits the half court line.  Does Quin have a counter?  Its a team game.  If Trae could prove me wrong and win a championship scoring 30 points off three pointers I would gladly say I'm wrong.   I been watching pro basketball since 1978 and I have YET to see one player dominate the ball and win a championship.  In fact, thats how the BIG 3 came about with Lebron James.  He couldn't do it until he went to Miami and got help.  NBA basketball is a very hard game and its a very balanced league from top to bottom.

Jordan kinda did

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Jordan kinda did

Nope.  He could be used a a prime example of HOW you DO IT.  Phil Jackson is famous for telling Jordan that he was gonna install that triangle offense and that it would cut down on his scoring average as a result.  Jordan had a choice:  Continue to set scoring records or win NBA championships.  He chose the latter.  The triangle spaces the floor and keeps the entire offense alive.  You can run soo many looks off its its unbelievable.  Jordan got help from Pippen and the guards in that offense.  The center CAN be a dominate player in it if required.  Trae needs something like that.  It makes the game easier and he can really show his passing skills in a offense like that.  Its soo good that Jackson and Tex Winters took that offense to Los Angeles and won chips with Kobe and Shaq running the same offense that Jordan ran.

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/phil-jackson-says-he-told-michael-jordan-to-reduce-his-number-of-shots-and-that-he-would-probably-not-win-another-scoring-title-in-order-to-implement-the-triangle-offense-this-was-not-going-to-be-an-easy-conversation

Phil Jackson Says He Told Michael Jordan To Reduce His Number Of Shots And That He Would Probably Not Win Another Scoring Title In Order To Implement The Triangle Offense: "This Was Not Going To Be An easy conversation."

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As you watch this, keep in mind what Selltics broadcaster Scalabrine said about Trae's teammates.  "They don't F with him like that." - meaning no one likes him.

Trash comment, Scala-broni. 

Can't wait to hear what he got to say in the morning. 

• Like 1