• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

34 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They would say that because no one outside of Hawks fans watches the Hawks . . until playoff time.

People, and possibly even yourself, kind of forgets the value that his passing has on a game.  He scored 38 tonight but also had 13 assists.  He's the best passing PG in the game.  Only Jokic may be a better pure passer than he is. 

Brown's overall advanced metrics are far worse than I realized.  He's a very good offensive talent, but he doesn't give you enough of the intangible things to really consider him to be an upgrade over Trae.

And with Trae's defense improving, he's proving a lot of people wrong about him being a liability on the defensive end.

He's an absolute liability on that end for the most part but playoff Trae isn't a bad defender. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

You know what's missing from this series?

This stuff.

Remember 2008?

nba-playoffs-atlanta-hawks-boston-celtic

Now, of course, we lost game 7 then, and we're not even on the cusp of game 7 2023 yet.

But I'm anxious to see the attitude rekindle.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He hasn't been an absolute liability on defense in 4 months.  The entire fan base has documented as such. He's not perfect on defense. But he's nowhere near as bad as he was 2 - 3 years ago.

He absolutely has been outside of the 8-9 game stretch when Quin got hired and he was trying to prove to Quin he's a team player in the RS. His defense was horrendous in the 1st half of the season and he needs to thank Murray for some of his defensive metrics not looking as horrible on Murray's presence alone. While Murray defense took a tumble after ASB, he was key defensively for us when Nate was here. 

I don't know what ya'll be watching in the RS. Trae was absolutely awful on defense in the RS. He did have a nice 9 game stretch with Quin where he played defense in the RS and I was like, who the hell is this

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He hasn't been an absolute liability on defense in 4 months.  The entire fan base has documented as such. He's not perfect on defense. But he's nowhere near as bad as he was 2 - 3 years ago.

I actually think that Clint is more of a liability than Trae and maybe even Murray now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I said before the series, it will be interesting to see how he coaches if/when adversity hits.

I watched the post game interviews...  Adversity hasn't hit just yet but there are cracks.  IF we force a game 7, the whole team will be cracked.  Right now, most of them still think... we just let that one get away.  However, if we handily beat them in Atlanta (which will be damn near impossible to do) they will be a broken team. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He absolutely has been outside of the 8-9 game stretch when Quin got hired and he was trying to prove to Quin he's a team player in the RS. His defense was horrendous in the 1st half of the season and he needs to thank Murray for some of his defensive metrics not looking as horrible on Murray's presence alone. While Murray defense took a tumble after ASB, he was key defensively for us when Nate was here. 

I don't know what ya'll be watching in the RS. Trae was absolutely awful on defense in the RS. He did have a nice 9 game stretch with Quin where he played defense in the RS and I was like, who the hell is this

1st half of the season = Oct - Dec

Last 4 months = Jan - April

It's not that hard Supes.  Give that man credit, instead of holding onto something that isn't a narrative any more.

2021 - 22 season

image.thumb.png.059bf1eb4a698211d1d5d88b78826de2.png

2022 - 23 season

image.thumb.png.3ba832e824c372c4c6ae5d3497190e60.png

2023 playoffs

image.thumb.png.5b6e66e6a34859f76dff57e04b382cc2.png

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

1st half of the season = Oct - Dec

Last 4 months = Jan - April

It's not that hard Supes.  Give that man credit, instead of holding onto something that isn't a narrative any more.

2021 - 22 season

image.thumb.png.059bf1eb4a698211d1d5d88b78826de2.png

2022 - 23 season

image.thumb.png.3ba832e824c372c4c6ae5d3497190e60.png

2023 playoffs

image.thumb.png.5b6e66e6a34859f76dff57e04b382cc2.png

I watched the games. I'll give credit when it's earned. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Boston is a bad matchup for Clint.  I've been advocating for OO to start over him the whole series.  They should, imo, match Clint with Rob Williams when the celtics go bigger.  Otherwise, just play small with OO, JC, and JJ in the frontcourt. 

Boston is a terrible matchup for Clint and he's still adding defensive value. 

6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

This is OO’s shot chart for the whole regular season:7E68F49B-E1C8-4E96-87D0-EC12FDDAD1D0.thumb.jpeg.d084286c623671f3ef6670f1d8f0f11f.jpeg

Here is OO’s shot chart for the whole regular season plus his big ass shot last night:52BC4FEC-49B0-4B30-BE11-742C2C41CB06.jpeg.cbef23ae7441776ef4bc75b7feaa2707.jpeg

“He may not come when you call him honey chile but he always on time, yes Lawd!”

-every sassy Deep Southern                
              Christian Grandmother ever 

I knew that top of the 3 was going in baby did you see the confident release? 

OOOOOOO baby!

• Like 2