• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The issue with Dame is I think he wants out but doesn't want to ask for it since he's talked about his 'loyalty' and ridiculed others for taking the easy route to a ring. He wants the Blazers to move him so he can say 'I never requested a trade'

Both sides wants the other to break it off so they can play the victim.  It's tiring. 

2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

And yet….

Sorry Supes, I couldn’t help it. 

Warranted.

I'm going to discontinue engaging on anything other than insider topics here.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah, let's try to stay remotely on topic here.  If anyone wants to do a deep dive into another issue, please flag all mods and ask that a new thread be opened to focus on that discussion.  It is a pain breaking off 6 pages of posts mixed in with legit on topic posts.  Thanks all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ok back on topic!

thanks @thecampster

@NBASupes

respectfully for those of us who follow you and wait anxiously to see your post (same with @Sothron and camp) hoping for some new inside info… it does us no good when you’re in an argument about things other than “insider info”

Do as you want of course but the quality of this thread diminishes if any of you 3 get into constant arguments that has nothing to do with insider info ….just sayin.

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yeah, let's try to stay remotely on topic here.  If anyone wants to do a deep dive into another issue, please flag all mods and ask that a new thread be opened to focus on that discussion.  It is a pain breaking off 6 pages of posts mixed in with legit on topic posts.  Thanks all.

No!….THANK YOU! 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Mods.

Please kindly make this required reading so we don't have to sift through so many nothing-burger ideas on the board over the next week. Maybe you can make it so there's a test that a person has to pass before having access to post to this thread??? Appreciate it.

All my best --

A Conscientious, but not Histrionic, Poster 🙂

Good read, from the required reading:

"Atlanta’s roster is a bit of a mess. They have a ton of long-term salary committed to several players, and other key players are up for extensions and new contracts soon. The Hawks will probably forgo using the MLE this summer, and will keep it in their back pocket to use later, if necessary."

The new CBA changes are good.  These incremental shifts that will hamstring contenders by either reducing the value of their MLE or eliminating it all together will likely make a big impact.  The MLE is usually used on a rotation player and sometimes a starter in these top heavy lineups.  There's a reason owners and GMs across the league feel like they can compete next year, in addition to just witnessing DEN/MIA finals.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

so the cost analysis is "if I'm going to spend into the LT, I need to know we're going to make the round of 4. or better. 

And this is why we will languish.  There are no guarantees in sports.  You have to spend money to try to win but it doesn't always work.   If Tony is only going to spend if he 'knows' we will contend then he will never spend. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ex Hawk Parker.....didn't know he was still around.

@Spud2nique.....your boy StanJo the Banjo!

There are probably still some fans who think Parker just needs an opportunity to be a stud player.  LOL.

Also, thank Goodness they hired Quin Snyder and tossed the idea of rebuilding the roster again.  Give these young players a chance to play under a real head coach in a real system.  With all due respect to Joe Prunty, it would have been another lloyd Pierce situation with him.  

1 minute ago, Dean Walker said:

wow embarrassing!

Yuck.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And this is why we will languish.  There are no guarantees in sports.  You have to spend money to try to win but it doesn't always work.   If Tony is only going to spend if he 'knows' we will contend then he will never spend. 

Yep.

I could understand better when you had GSW and everybody else a few years back.

But in the current state of the league, there's no such dominance, at the risk of stating the obvious.

Imagine a Hawks team where Junior and where Jalen had a whole year under their belts, and where Bey had been with the team a whole year, and where Quin had been the head coach for a full season, having the benefit of installing everything he wanted to install... imagine that team playing the Celtics in the first round, not the one that took the Cs to 6 games as it was.

Why wouldn't that  team have, in fact, sent the Cs home? And, went on to be what MIA proved to be?

There's so much ambiguity right now. No superteams. The opportunity is there.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

wow embarrassing!

Okay. I'm out. I'm done. No more hamster wheels for me.

Enjoyed being an Atlanta Hawks fan for the 50-ish years I did... or a lot of em, anyway... not so much the Isiah Rider period.

Bye. And I'm not even kidding. This is a stupid way to spend any more of whatever precious minutes I have left on this planet in this life, for me at least.

If anyone wants/needs to engage henceforth, try me at spook1320-generaluse@yahoo.com. Good luck to all in whatever personal or family or professional endeavors you pursue. It's been great being part of a community with you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3