• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

2028 and 2030 are their first available picks I think.

(As I type those years......damn.....I'm getting old)

I hear you.  Do you think Portland wants to wait 5 years to benefit from a Lillard trade? 

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

2028 and 2030 are their first available picks I think.

(As I type those years......damn.....I'm getting old)

That could be great for franchise mod in a video game but when a GM knows he probably won't be there to take advantage of the picks then he probably doesn't want to trade his star for something that remote.  Most GMs are long gone 7 years down the line - especially if they are pivoting to a rebuild.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Something I'm not seeing being reported but what I've heard is that Barnes and OG want Siakam out so they can get more shots.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but it's a real concern for chemistry bringing in Siakam. The tape of him typically shows a lot of dribbling and shooting... when the double comes, he tends to put up a shot. I don't see much saying he sees the open teammate and makes the pass. Would Trae, DJ, Bogi, etc like standing around watching him put up mid-rangers?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, warcore said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but it's a real concern for chemistry bringing in Siakam. The tape of him typically shows a lot of dribbling and shooting... when the double comes, he tends to put up a shot. I don't see much saying he sees the open teammate and makes the pass. Would Trae, DJ, Bogi, etc like standing around watching him put up mid-rangers?

( Allen Iverson voice )

Come on guys.  Chemistry? What are we talking about?

We were a .500 team last season.  Our Chemistry was that we had no Chemistry. This team could beat anybody, then lose to anybody.

Chemistry?

Even with the great Quin Snyder, we were a .500 team.

Chemistry?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think the chances of Siakam are still higher than Brown. 

I believe in all of the sources but it’s no surprise getting Jaylen Brown is the more complex trade.

I don't believe JB is or will be shopped. That was pure conjecture. That's the equivalent of squawkers debating Kawhi-Hawks trade scenarios.

Edited by theheroatl

2 hours ago, warcore said:

He’s played in a secondary role before and helped his team win a championship.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Even with the great Quin Snyder, we were a .500 team.

Chemistry?

Here's your problem.

You believe that you have seen the great Quin Snyder.

You have not.   You have seen the great Quin Snyder working with Nate's offense and defense and coaches. 

That's like Gordon Ramsey cooking a Michelin Star quality dish with aluminum foil and no seasoning. 

The only reason that Quin took the helm away from Prunty is that he wanted to:

1.  Create Trust with the stars of this team.

2.  See what players needed to go and what players needed to stay.

The fact that we dominated Miami with the same offense that we had a gentelmen's sweep last year is a testament to his ability to coach up the team... but it had nothing to do with his own program. 

Right now, you're more Knee Jerky than Babcock.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’m not big on counting stats, but which of our young players will give us 25/8/5.5 this season?

You think No Shooting Pascal is going to give us 25 points..... on Trae's team??

Laughing-gif GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Siakam's 24 pts exist because he's a very high usage player and he decides who scores in Toronto.  THIS IS TRAE'S TEAM. No shooting Pascal won't get to dictate who gets to score here.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's growing optimism that DJM might sign the 4 year 120 million dollar extension and NOT wait to be a FA at the end of next season. This would make it far easier to build the team knowing he is staying here and giving him long term peace of mind.

Yup jake Fischer wrote this in today notebook too. Steal of a deal if he does ink it