• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Just now, txsting said:

Good arguments for recouping value for Capela.  I could see that as being a good option.

Let's also consider the other way to go, which kg mentioned.  Keep Capela, but reduce his role (and value) and drive up Okongwu value by giving him many of Capela's minutes.  Then trade Kong at the height of his value and extend Capela on the cheap.  If Kong really does take a huge leap you still have the option to sign him if there isn't a good trade out there.  If he flounders you are protected by the prospect of extending Capela cheaply.

Of course this only works if your coach is in complete lock step with your front office.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Clint is great but why is our defense so bad?

Occam’s razor would suggest the answer is “because the other 4 guys aren’t that good”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Clint is great but why is our defense so bad?

You got a point and shooting guard who aren't even close to 200 soaking wet. These are the guys they're being asked to guard...

Don't even get me started on Hunter....

Anthony Edwards wants the Warriors in the playoffs - Sports Illustrated  Minnesota Sports, News, Analysis, and More

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Carmine said:

You got a point and shooting guard who aren't even close to 200 soaking wet. These are the guys they're being asked to guard...

Don't even get me started on Hunter....

Anthony Edwards wants the Warriors in the playoffs - Sports Illustrated  Minnesota Sports, News, Analysis, and More

THIS!!!

We have small and very physically weak starting guards

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The next time I see Clint use a drop step to score in the paint will be the first time. It’s sad these big men practice these moves and never (get to) use them in a real game.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Instead of zigging I say we zag and grab OG while they are worried about Siakam.

i_cf_e0_24_og-anunoby.png?w=190

What is still unknown is if the new extension rules are enough to keep O.G. Anunoby in a Toronto Raptors uniform for the foreseeable future. Anunoby is eligible to sign an extension up to $116 million over four years, a $16 million increase from the prior rule.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Instead of zigging I say we zag and grab OG while they are worried about Siakam.

What is still unknown is if the new extension rules are enough to keep O.G. Anunoby in a Toronto Raptors uniform for the foreseeable future. Anunoby is eligible to sign an extension up to $116 million over four years, a $16 million increase from the prior rule.

As a free agent?  Or you thinking we should trade like 8 1sts, Trae, Murray, and 6 pick swaps Masai's gonna ask for this middling guy?

Aye man, we gotta get together here.  Can't be showing the public our disagreements.  The burner account narrative won't survive this. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

He's eligible for a DJ style extension at 140% of his current deal for abot $25 mil to start.....I don't think he'll do that. He'll want a max at 30% for about $44 mil-ish. He also wants a bigger role in Toront's offense.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's eligible for a DJ style extension at 140% of his current deal for abot $25 mil to start.....I don't think he'll do that. He'll want a max at 30% for about $44 mil-ish. He also wants a bigger role in Toront's offense.

Give me a dude like Herb Jones over OG a thousand times.

Jones just went out, did the work, stayed healthy, and got paid.  OG has been oft-injured, been good in spots, and he's out here begging for shots and role and money and on and on and on.  EZPass.

Find me the next Herb Jones.  OG tryna be a poor man's Jerami Grant.  Put up shots, get numbers.  Win?  Eh, we'll see.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I know some have difficulty wrapping their heads around the salary projections, here's more for you...🤓. Adjust your thinking along with the rising salary cap in the coming years.

"Bwhy Jaylen Brown get paid more den Jokic?" - Slacked-jawed Yokel 

• Haha 1

• Moderators

On the one hand I'm happy if the players are getting more of the pie but in reality the pie is just getting bigger partly because the owners will keep raising ticket prices.  I love the Hawks but i only go to a handful of games because i can't spend thousands on attending every year.    I'm always surprised that so many people can do it.  Maybe it's just priorities.  I like to go with friends where i just have to pay for myself.  Taking the family is like a dang beach vacation.  

• Thanks 3