• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets (7 PM EST) -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, terrell said:

It wasnt fixed in 2018 when we made that horrible trade.. smh

It's been fixed for a while. 

BTW... 2018 is gone.   Either get over it or go on.. but [posters should be here when things are good as much as they are when things are bad.]

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

BTW... 2018 is gone.   Either get over it or go on.. but [posters should be here when things are good as much as they are when things are bad.]

I root for Trae because he's a Hawk, but everyone knows where I stand on that trade. . That wont change. 

Im here win or lose...lol

And why is it hating when you disagree? smh

Is it hating when you bash Dre?

You got proof or nah?

What year did they start fixing it?

• Thanks 1

If u don't like my post put me on ignore or skip my post. []

Great first half for us. We were moving the ball and bodies and think we were up 35-24 or somewhere around there. We let up a bit there and definitely after the half.

The positives:

JJ- Apology thread forthcoming. 

Bey- He fights, he works, he’s a positive.

OO- I thought he brought it but was hoping he got more than 19 min. but it’s a long season and perhaps a bad matchup with Mark Williams who worked us btw. @Gray Mule next time please tell your guy to ease up. Physically he looked like Kevon Looney out there.

CC- Despite the +/- outcome from him I thought he kept balls alive and was active for a lot of the game.

Negatives- We lost our edge. We fought the first half then took our foot off the gas a bit. Gotta go hard for 48.

Hunter- He’s been hiding in the gym but doing what. The first couple plays were solid with the AND 1 in the low post. Dude missed wide open shots though. I hate the 2019 draft it killed us. 2 bad picks in Hunter and Cam. 

Trae and DJ shooting- can’t go 7-33.  21%.. throw in Bogi’s 3-9 we talkin 10-42 for 23.8% FG from our guards.

Learn from this and get ready for the home opener vs the Knicks!

GO HAWKS!!!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Trae was so much fun to watch his first two or three seasons. Now? Eh.

1/4 then once the NBA caught on, the 1/5 PnR was our bread and butter but the centers and PFs in this league have gotten so much better in terms of movement and defending PnRs. Games like last night made me instantly realize why I continue to preach the need for KAT for our squad. 

Sometimes you need a guy that's going to get his despite the defenses best efforts to shut it down. 

I really really like this roster. A lot more than some here do and I considered last year's squad to be the biggest disappointment from the Hawks, even bigger than the playoff guarantee Hawks. 

That said, man, I don't know of the fit between Murray and Trae. Most of the time, it looks bad. I almost rather see Bogi and Trae which hasn't always worked either. At this point, we need to get an elite 5 which is what Trae needs and just go from there. 

If we don't land KAT or Embiid. I think it's time to consider looking for a young stud for Trae. Maybe a trade of Donovan Mitchell for Trae. Murray and Mitchell will work a lot better than Murray and Trae. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I have said before: the basketball ppl wanted to keep Luka. Ressler listened to the PR/marketing side and went with Trae because they told him Trae would make him more money in Atlanta than a white Euro kid ever would.

It is what it is at this point.

The story I got was Ressler wanted Luka. It was Travis who wanted Trae and Peterson wanted JJJ. What it came down to was the trade package Dallas offered. That said, none of them expected any of the players to be as good as fast they became it. Issue is, Trae hasn't progressed later as much as expected while Luka and others in that class have gotten consistently better. 

Marketability helped Trae but there was a clear belief within that it was either Trae or Luka. Just came down to draft assets which is Travis's baby

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

While Travis did love Trae, they did eventually fall out like Travis did with LP. Travis felt Trae reached his peak and wanted to move him for maximum draft assets, well getting that by Tony was next to impossible. Tony sees Trae as a cash baby as he should. He's doesn't mind trading Trae but he needs to see that this team will get better from it and become a contender. Travis didn't have any potential offers worth a damn as Trae trade value is good but not great. 

That really lead to the beginning of the end for Travis. Travis also didn't agree with the trade cost for Murray and didn't think it was a great fit. Things that's been said before on here. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Meanwhile, San Antonio tanked, got 3 firsts from Atlanta, Wemby and appear to be a monster squad, AGAIN, while the Hawks still can't even get TO a NBA finals.

You mean two first and a swap?  Besides if Kings picks comes through this year, we can traded it for another pick in the future, so its no big deal

• Like 1

Also besides DJM (who isn’t going anywhere) it was notable that Dre and Capela had the worst +/-.

For as much as we think they are good defenders, they were on the floor much of the time we were getting boat raced in the 4th.

It might be good for us to tank a few games so we can flip these guys now.

I want to see OO and JJ and Bey get more minutes.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Also besides DJM (who isn’t going anywhere) it was notable that Dre and Capela had the worst +/-.

For as much as we think they are good defenders, they were on the floor much of the time we were getting boat raced in the 4th.

It might be good for us to tank a few games so we can flip these guys now.

I want to see OO and JJ and Bey get more minutes.

Capela had some moments and did excellent work on the offensive boards when we needed it most.  But I think it's fair to want to see OO get more time.

Hunter seems to be in the same mode Collins was the past 2 years.  Just waiting to be moved.  There was a moment where it looked like Bey was in his way or maybe was in the wrong spot offensively.  Hunter basically stopped and seemed to spread is arms like 'dude whatchu doin?'  Did I imagine that?  Just struck me as terrible body language in the middle of a nip and tuck game.  He just stopped to complain as we had the ball.  Maybe Bey was in the wrong spot but atleast he played with effort the whole game.

To be clear, I'm not out on Hunter.  I just think we may have broken him with the trade tall the same way we broke Collins. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ngl tho, last game had me wanting Bogi at the 2 for his shooting.  DJM be lookin' lost sometimes. 

I don’t think Bogi works for a season at the 2.

DJM definitely couldn’t hit his shots first game but that isn’t the norm. 

same for Bogi but DJM is more active on the perimeter.

however a 3 man rotation of Bogi, Trae and DJ is probably the move

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, terrell said:

I root for Trae because he's a Hawk, but everyone knows where I stand on that trade. . That wont change. 

Im here win or lose...lol

And why is it hating when you disagree? smh

It isn't that I disagree.  It's just hate that you have for Trae because we traded Luka for Trae.   CALL A THING A THING.

Is it hating when you bash Dre?

YES....

@terrell  I'm honest enough to admit that I hated on some Hawks.  Marvin Williams...  DeAndre Hunter...   I made it no secret.. I stood on it ten toes down... and here's why...

They never lived up to their ability.   They didn't do anything to help my favorite team.  They showed up, took up space, took up money, and didn't live up to the space and money that they took up. 

I hear about the great defense that Hunter plays and see the anemic offense and don't see signs that the defense was even effective.  I hate that.  Especially when he's 6'9 225 and is capable of so much more than he does... and when he does string it together, it's only for one game... then you get 37 games of him not doing shit. 

Bey is less talented than Dre... I admit that Dre' has talent.  But Bey just outworks him in every way.   It is sad to have somebody with Hunter's size and ability to get 3 rebounds and 1 assist in 31 minutes of play.   And that's the freakin norm.

I have yet to mention what we traded and got rid of to get him and keep him.

Then I watch Trae take the team, carry the team, drop blood sweat and tears for the team and [see people complain when] we we lose because we took him over Luka...  [That was 2018]

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

The overreactions of certain posters is pretty par for the course.

IMO this was a game that was a slam dunk for us but some players were hunting for their shots to fall. It happens.

It's game 1. Everyone is full of overreaction

• Like 2